Former Sooners great, NBA player Tisdale dies after battle with cancer

[font=Arial, Helvetica][/font] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]College basketball legend, and my good friend and fellow Sooner, Wayman Tisdale passed Friday morning. Tisdale was just elected to the College Basketball Hall of Fame this year.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Tisdale's passing comes after a two-year battle with cancer. His leg was amputated a little over a year ago.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Tisdale, a three-time All-American at Oklahoma, spent 12 seasons in the NBA with the Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings and Phoenix Suns.[/font]

eek.gif
frown.gif

R.I.P

tired.gif

I thought he was gonna beat it.

Wow.... RIP

OTL did a recent report on Tisdale.... his passion for music and his battle with Cancer....his courage and humility dealing with this was second to none......

I lived near Sac when they were rollin out Tisdale, Spud, Kenny Smith, L-Train, Pervis Ellison, and those powder blue uni's. They weren't very good,but Tisdale was a BEAST on that block.
pimp.gif

RIP Mr. Tisdale.
tired.gif

3 Time All American at OU and made the jump after his Junior Year...career averages of 25.6 and 10.9

average about 16 points per game in the NBA and I think 6 boards

RIP Wayman

Boomer Sooner

Always with a smile on his face too.

Great inspiration for others.

I hate cancer...

Rest In Peace Wayman.

tired.gif

RIP.

I'm glad I get to enjoy the music. If you guys don't already know, his skills on the bass guitar are
smokin.gif

RIP

I remember that story a couple months back about his battle after losing his leg and the fight he had in him.

Such a sad story and with all this excitement occuring during the NBA Playoffs, there has been alot of sadness with the loss of Chuck Daly and now Tisdale.

eek.gif
RIP....I thought he was doing much better??? I read about him on ESPN a short while back about how upbeat he was even after losing his leg...he keptsmiling. Man, I'm shocked....

We gotta find a way to get a cure for these various cancers....
smh.gif

Jus saw this go by on the NBAtv ticker...called my pops and we spoke on how much of a beast he was at OU...pops said after they retired his jersey after theyamputated his leg, he was in great spirits...The Big C claims another one
smh.gif
tired.gif
RIP Way Tis

Terribly sad, I remember that TNT (or was it ESPN) piece on him a few months back.

RIP.

I dont remember much about his basketball career, did he play with Stacey King and Mookie Blaylock at Oklahoma?
anyone remember the movie strictly business, I think they named dudes character after him

RIP
frown.gif

We have to find a cure
smh.gif

thas crazy ... cancerous cyst after a knee break in his home ... the amputation didn't help ...
smh.gif
frown.gif
RIP ...

life is so short

Back
Top Bottom