Originally Posted by BoutMyMoney333

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the music video

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

but he's just joking around saying that Nova's big men a soft, which, aside from Cunningham and Yarou, I can somewhat agree with, being a Villanova fan.
I agreed with dude and the joke still managed to go over his head
laugh.gif

but he's just joking around saying that Nova's big men a soft, which, aside from Cunningham and Yarou, I can somewhat agree with, being a Villanova fan.
laugh.gif

So I got one computer without a sound card, on which I watched that video without sound and was dying
laugh.gif
I'm thinkin, "Ok, with the music and lyrics it probably makes a little more sense and isn't as funny though." Nope.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So I got one computer without a sound card, on which I watched that video without sound and was dying
laugh.gif
I'm thinkin, "Ok, with the music and lyrics it probably makes a little more sense and isn't as funny though." Nope.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif

Nothing went over my head. In fact this is simply emphasizing the point.

The insinuation that gay players wouldn't be as tough as other players because they are gay. As if their sexual preference could possibly have any affect on how they play sports.

There's a negative stigma attached to it. No one would ever presume to know anything about a players ability if they were straight.

But because they're gay it's 'oh of course they're gay, look at the way they play'.

It's pathetic that it would make you uncomfortable to just have written the line in support of Sheridan without precursing it with 'oh of course a Villanova big man was gay'.

The fact that a joked even 'needed' to be made before supporting Sheridan is a sad commentary on the state of a society that many think lacks prejudice in modern times.

laugh.gif

The insinuation that gay players wouldn't be as tough as other players because they are gay. As if their sexual preference could possibly have any affect on how they play sports.

There's a negative stigma attached to it. No one would ever presume to know anything about a players ability if they were straight.

But because they're gay it's 'oh of course they're gay, look at the way they play'.

It's pathetic that it would make you uncomfortable to just have written the line in support of Sheridan without precursing it with 'oh of course a Villanova big man was gay'.

The fact that a joked even 'needed' to be made before supporting Sheridan is a sad commentary on the state of a society that many think lacks prejudice in modern times.

I watched the video, and gay music and the videos are
laugh.gif

The mindset I just went into was one that was ready to bash the heck out of dude.
Then I thought about it. If he likes music has enough of a profile to get some extra press and makes openly gay music and videos hes money.
He's gone get good sales for that platform, I could also see that song being in movies. like for real
Dude coming out is if I could say 80% music career oriented 20% future deal's oriented. Him being an athlete only enhances his profile in the gay community I would assume.
Look he was an athlete, he was real good at being an athlete. He has found the area that he wants to spend the rest of his life. Im fine with that.
I respect him for being who he is.

Im however sick and tired of the fact that some people are homosexual being shoved in my face. Homosexuality has been present since the beginning of man.
So what.....
Let em get married, raise children it really doesnt matter because once that happens there will being nothing signifigant about 2 people of the same sex engaging in sex.
They can have their entertainment niche, and I can not be exposed to that media.

I watched the video, and gay music and the videos are
laugh.gif

The mindset I just went into was one that was ready to bash the heck out of dude.
Then I thought about it. If he likes music has enough of a profile to get some extra press and makes openly gay music and videos hes money.
He's gone get good sales for that platform, I could also see that song being in movies. like for real
Dude coming out is if I could say 80% music career oriented 20% future deal's oriented. Him being an athlete only enhances his profile in the gay community I would assume.
Look he was an athlete, he was real good at being an athlete. He has found the area that he wants to spend the rest of his life. Im fine with that.
I respect him for being who he is.

Im however sick and tired of the fact that some people are homosexual being shoved in my face. Homosexuality has been present since the beginning of man.
So what.....
Let em get married, raise children it really doesnt matter because once that happens there will being nothing signifigant about 2 people of the same sex engaging in sex.
They can have their entertainment niche, and I can not be exposed to that media.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

laugh.gif

It was a joke, your taking it a little to serious guy.  And I'm not prejudice, I fully support right for all people regardless of creed, race, sexual orientation...I made a joke cause it rly doesn't even matter, its a nonstory to be honest.  Making a huge deal out of it when he himself said it wasn't a big deal is just as worse.

And your lying if your acting like its unreasonably to associated femininity with male homosexuality.  Not every game man is feminine but  a large percentage are, @+@# even he said himself that he ran like he was "gay."  That's why I personally respect dude even more, he seems to be nonchalant about it.  You feed into the hate people show you let them win, and get what they want out of it.  I'm sure while his teamattes were obv. on good terms with him and showed him love, they obv. made gay jokes to him as well.  It's what guys do, they make fun of each other, whether its fat, skinny, straight, white, black, christian, jewish etc.  Being socially progressive isn't pretending were all the same, its realizing our differences, but then realizing that they really don't matter at all.  And when you get to that point cracking immature jokes can be quite liberating.

laugh.gif

It was a joke, your taking it a little to serious guy.  And I'm not prejudice, I fully support right for all people regardless of creed, race, sexual orientation...I made a joke cause it rly doesn't even matter, its a nonstory to be honest.  Making a huge deal out of it when he himself said it wasn't a big deal is just as worse.

And your lying if your acting like its unreasonably to associated femininity with male homosexuality.  Not every game man is feminine but  a large percentage are, @+@# even he said himself that he ran like he was "gay."  That's why I personally respect dude even more, he seems to be nonchalant about it.  You feed into the hate people show you let them win, and get what they want out of it.  I'm sure while his teamattes were obv. on good terms with him and showed him love, they obv. made gay jokes to him as well.  It's what guys do, they make fun of each other, whether its fat, skinny, straight, white, black, christian, jewish etc.  Being socially progressive isn't pretending were all the same, its realizing our differences, but then realizing that they really don't matter at all.  And when you get to that point cracking immature jokes can be quite liberating.

People in these situations allow jokes to be cracked because you can't fight everyone who makes them because there are still too many.

No one is truly ok with it. No one appreciates being singled out as different or outcast. It's basic sociology and psych.

You perceive that I'm making a big deal about it when really I was just stating my point and your initial statement was a perfect example of what I was talking about.

Contrary to what you're saying being progressive is not being ok with making jokes because it shouldn't matter and it's nonchalant. Equality will happen when people make no jokes because it wouldn't occur to them to make a joke on the subject because it truly doesn't matter.

Making a music video that makes you look ridiculous is reason to make fun of someone. Sexuality? I have no idea where the notion is even from.

People in these situations allow jokes to be cracked because you can't fight everyone who makes them because there are still too many.

No one is truly ok with it. No one appreciates being singled out as different or outcast. It's basic sociology and psych.

You perceive that I'm making a big deal about it when really I was just stating my point and your initial statement was a perfect example of what I was talking about.

Contrary to what you're saying being progressive is not being ok with making jokes because it shouldn't matter and it's nonchalant. Equality will happen when people make no jokes because it wouldn't occur to them to make a joke on the subject because it truly doesn't matter.

Making a music video that makes you look ridiculous is reason to make fun of someone. Sexuality? I have no idea where the notion is even from.

1b7fabc2b636e41388d62348068d04bb.gif

1b7fabc2b636e41388d62348068d04bb.gif

^It's easy to detract from the subject of a conversation with a joke when it comes time to answer 'why'.

It's not easy to actually think of something intelligent to say. But here, (
laugh.gif
 ) . Is that the approval you were looking for from someone?

^It's easy to detract from the subject of a conversation with a joke when it comes time to answer 'why'.

It's not easy to actually think of something intelligent to say. But here, (
laugh.gif
 ) . Is that the approval you were looking for from someone?

Back
Top Bottom