Former WWE champ Test dies at 33

42635d7de897e8f4d01e2bb33ea4d675ffd6f1a.pjpg
TAMPA, Fla. -- Authorities say former professionalwrestler Andrew Martin, who was known as "Test" and "The Punisher" to fans, has died at his Tampa home. He was 33.

The former World Wrestling Entertainment champion was found dead at his apartment Friday night. Police say a neighbor reported that she could see into hisapartment window and that Martin appeared motionless for several hours.

Police say there was no indication of foul play. A cause of death will be determined after an autopsy.

During his time with Stamford, Conn.-based World Wrestling Entertainment, Martin held the Intercontinental, European and Hardcore belts. He was also atag-team champion.

Martin most recently worked for TNA Wrestling under the name "The Punisher

Andrew James Robert Patrick Martin (March 17, 1975 - March 13, 2009)[sup][3][/sup] was a Canadian professional wrestler. He was best known for his appearances with the World Wrestling Federation (later World WrestlingEntertainment) under the ring name Test. He most recently worked forTotal Nonstop Action Wrestling as"The Punisher" Andrew Martin.[sup][4][/sup]

While in the WWF/E Martin was a formerEuropean, Hardcore, and Intercontinental champion. In addition to singles success, Martin has won both the WCW Tag Team Championship and WWF Tag Team Championship with Booker T. Martin was previously in a relationship with fellow wrestler Stacy Keibler.[sup][5][/sup]

Martin also had a relationship with WWE diva Barbie Blank, better known by herring name Kelly Kelly. On March 27, 2008, Kelly appeared on a Orlando radio station, the Monsters, and disclosed their relationship withreluctance.

Martin was arrested for driving under theinfluence in Pasco County on April 5, 2008.[sup][6][/sup][sup][7][/sup] He was booked into jail, but was released on April6, after posting bail.[sup][6][/sup]On December19, 2007, Martin announced his retirement from professionalwrestling.[sup][16][/sup] Martin stated thathe would do one final tour of Ireland in March 2008 and then retire permanently. He specifically mentioned that he did not want to be a wrestler that talksabout retirement but keeps coming back

eek.gif
TEST was the man when he had long hair. His theme song was cool.

R.I.P. I have a feeling it was roids, but still sad nontheless.

eek.gif

what is it with the WWE? all wrestlers have some kind of death curse. sorry if that's kind of disrespectful.

i remember Test though. His theme song was pretty dope "Test....this is a test. test, test, this is a test"

#@+@ was pretty hard.

RIP

Damn Test was one of my favorite wrestlers for a while

andrew-test-martin-ecw-wwe-myspace-rant.jpg

Already know what the cause has to be related to dying at 33.

Originally Posted by dgk3188

eek.gif

what is it with the WWE? all wrestlers have some kind of death curse. sorry if that's kind of disrespectful.

i remember Test though. His theme song was pretty dope "Test....this is a test. test, test, this is a test"

#@+@ was pretty hard.

RIP

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Did you really just type that out? Anyway, R.I.P.[/color]

sad. didnt know he was so young. i remember watching like 10 years ago and he was still there. long career

Back
Top Bottom