Forum Rant (Petition inside...again)

So I don't want to come across as knocking the mods or anything like that, because I've never done it before and I think they do a good job of keepingthings in check around here. However, when it comes to the Music Forum THERE STILL is a glaring problem: no sticky for a non-hip-hop thread. I stillhaven't gotten a decent answer as to why there isn't, and I can't justify one myself. It's certainly not money, we know that. Is it that big ofa deal to sticky a thread? I'm convinced that there are more people on this board that listen to things OTHER than hip-hop, but there's not aconsistent place to post about it. The Official Rock thread eludes to rock only, the Official Electro thread eludes to anything electro, and in essencewe're talking about 2 threads harboring the same thing: anything other than hip-hop. Why not one place for it that people can easily find and post? AndI'm talking good, solid music discussion, not just a band and a song name. Furthermore, take a look at the stickies under Music. I've got no problemwhatsoever with the Official Beats thread, and I wish every producer wild success and that they're all the next Dr. Dre and Premo, but we also have theOfficial Tricks and Tips thread, could these not be consolidated? Not to mention, there's no doubt in my mind there are more people that consistentlylisten to non-hip-hop music than actually PRODUCE hip-hop music. Why not consolidate the two and open a stickied thread for non-hip-hop? I'm not lookingfor e-props here, just a place for everyone to quickly and easily post about something other than hip-hop. I apologize in advance for the rant...I'm justhoping more people will catch on and at least pledge their backing. The Music Forum is a tragedy with some of the stuff that gets posted and I'm sureI'm not the only one who would utilize/use this. I'm just a fan of all music really, and I'd love it if the Music Forum thrived beyond Gucci Mane,Cam'ron, and the way Jay-Z eats a burger... Pledge here everyone...thanks in advance. Mods: lock it up, do whatever you want, I'm just trying to bringsomething fresh and worthwhile to Music.

Cliff notes

But regardless you seem really worked up about something really unimportant
indifferent.gif

chill out G, if people are interested in whatever you post they will respond to your thread. Don't try to force what you like on _s

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

chill out G, if people are interested in whatever you post they will respond to your thread. Don't try to force what you like on _s

basically

OP trying to get his Niketalker23 on
smh.gif

^^That's partially my point. Anything that's not hip-hop typically gets next to no responses, jettisoned to Page 3, and you never see/hear about itagain. If it's stickied, people are more likely to check it out and post.

And
laugh.gif
at you guys for thinking I'm mad or worked up over this (especially then asking for Cliff Notes), I'm not at all, it just seems like a basicthing that the Music Forum is lacking, and I know there's plenty of people that'd be in favor of it.

Non hip hop threads get no response because no one is interested, not because no one see's them. If all the people that say they'd like more varietyin the music forum would post here, instead of just saying "I don't visit the music forum because it's only hip hop." then maybe thosethreads wouldn't sink like a stone, so why would they be stickied if no ones checking for them anyway?

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Non hip hop threads get no response because no one is interested, not because no one see's them. If all the people that say they'd like more variety in the music forum would post here, instead of just saying "I don't visit the music forum because it's only hip hop." then maybe those threads wouldn't sink like a stone, so why would they be stickied if no ones checking for them anyway?

sounds good to me

^That's just a stupid logic, why don't you just ask why anyone even comes to NT? I mean, I could ask you why you post beats on here instead of tryingto get radio time or sell your beats in person, but I don't.

laugh.gif
I'm not mad, and I wasn't coming at you in those comments, you obviously don't see the point though TIME. You honestly believe there'smore people on these boards that make hip-hop beats than listen to non-hip-hop music? Really?

no one on NT obviously wants to discuss rock. Im saying some people do but to sticky something that wont stay on pg1 for more than 1 hour
indifferent.gif
. Why sticky some irrelevant topic?
Im not for making anything a sticky but if anything other than hip-hop would get stickied it would have to be the electro thread because thatthread always shows up on pg1 for extended periods of time.

What y'all don't understand is....that just how the music forum is.

Hip-Hop topics end up on page 3 within minutes too. There's less traffic on this side and people don't reply to threads that much. Most people come in,scan for new music, post a few
pimp.gif
s, crack a couple jokes and bounce.

The only threads that really last long are the ones about popular artists, controversies, popular arguments or Roasts.

We've been asking for stickies too without success..see the Stack Bundles thread.

Make your threads, others will start seeing them and posting...if not it means that no one cares enough to reply.

I don't necessarily care that much for a sticky. The only annoying thing is we used to have it stickied... when AirAnt was active in thisforum. Must be that new mod..

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Non hip hop threads get no response because no one is interested, not because no one see's them. If all the people that say they'd like more variety in the music forum would post here, instead of just saying "I don't visit the music forum because it's only hip hop." then maybe those threads wouldn't sink like a stone, so why would they be stickied if no ones checking for them anyway?
But wouldn't if it got stickied, that would/should bring in more traffic because the topic is easier to find? I don't post in the Rockthread everyday but whenever I see it on the first page I do. I know I'm not the only one

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by JDB1523

laugh.gif
I'm not mad, and I wasn't coming at you in those comments, you obviously don't see the point though TIME. You honestly believe there's more people on these boards that make hip-hop beats than listen to non-hip-hop music? Really?
if they dont post they dont count... thats how i look at it... ur right tho... im high and being stupid... yall deserve a sticky... i b in the rock posts on the low (not posting just lookin for +$!% to listen to)... rap sucks right now

im still asking what happened to the old rock thread that one was 100+ pages... just put that back up..

^ From what I remember, he proposed NT should have a separate forum for non-hip hop. Things escalated. Then, the mods started cracking down on embeddingYouTube videos with explicit lyrics and for copyright issues.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

What did that dude NikeTalker23 do?
nerd.gif
Snitched on and insulted the whole music forum in a General thread. Showing examples of people breaking the ROCs and what not.

People started going back and forth and Meth dropped the hammer on the forum a couple months back.

Back
Top Bottom