FORUM REVIVAL: "Urea" debate - Mr. K. West's actions via VMA 2009...

Kanye was wrong. I mean it was her moment, he should of let the girl have it. He really had nothing to do with the video, and Bey was shocked

this white girl text me and was like " OMG i am never buying his cd again, i will be illegally downloading"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Kanye coming up there being Kanye will give her career a boost.

fixed. I know she is a known, established artist, I has actually seen her video, unlike other winners that sometime your like "who the...". But truth is Kanye rant has made her a trending topic (Twitter), hot trend (www.google.com/trends), a segment on the next "Top MTV/VMAs moment" show... so on.

both her albums did 4 mill...

she's a bigger name in music than kanye could ever hope to be.
Is she worldwide? Slim sells out shows in japan and the uk consistently. I didn't know europe/asia was big on country music
ohwell.gif
I don't think you're giving country music enough credit. They know how to sell albums, especially Taylor Swift since she broke out intomainstream pop. Although Kanye may be a bigger name, ask any middle school or HS girl in suburbia who they like more, 8 out of 10 times it's gonna beTaylor.

2 albums and 4 times platinum each in the US isn't playing around. She's bigger than you think.

^
Agreed 100%.

Especially when, you got artists (no names) who must always say in interviews how people aren't buying albums these days...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And we were making dubs back in the day -- no difference.

laugh.gif

Kanye was funny! I mean what else do you expect from this guy?

It was one of those "...here we go again" moments.

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Kanye coming up there being Kanye will give her career a boost.

fixed. I know she is a known, established artist, I has actually seen her video, unlike other winners that sometime your like "who the...". But truth is Kanye rant has made her a trending topic (Twitter), hot trend (www.google.com/trends), a segment on the next "Top MTV/VMAs moment" show... so on.

both her albums did 4 mill...

she's a bigger name in music than kanye could ever hope to be.
Is she worldwide? Slim sells out shows in japan and the uk consistently. I didn't know europe/asia was big on country music
ohwell.gif
She's headlining Wembley Arena in November.

^fair enough..i can see the sincerity in that.

but let's be real..Kanye is Kanye and he gon' do some stupid &$(# again regardless
laugh.gif

are yall like... fans of Taylor Swift? lol jk

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

Hov and Alicia ripped that ishhh.
yessss. that *!## was epic. Lil Mama's Kanye was wayyy worse than Kanye's own.

On the real, they need to wire his mouth shut again!!
with that being said I also blame the VMAs & here's why they know he is a idoit & what he does when someone other then who he thought should winwins (like he is the voice of American music or something), BUT they still invited him. He did just what everyone knows he would do, so why be mad at him???

Kanye west aside, how can racism,flat-out and reverse, be so prevelant in the 21 century? In which direction are we heading? Is the net the center stage forracial attacks across the board? Were we better off in the 90's when most were oblivious to the power of the net? If traditionally we formulate ourselvesaround pop culture and massive media outlets, where are we headed with the net as a frontrunner? Ignore them if you may but social sites and forums are wherepeople are venting their true feelings, the one's usually reserved in a face to face. I walk the streets today and it feels like 2009, but when I hit thenet its like a blast from the past, 50's black and white with a splash of HD. Sorry for the blackberry rant, I know I'm gonna get fried.

wankster....really jus made a bad career move.and to apologize made him look like more of a bich imo. go hard or go home.when u do stuff like that you muststand behind it, just a str8 bich move. dont be scarred now!

Kanye west aside, how can racism,flat-out and reverse, be so prevelant in the 21 century? In which direction are we heading? Is the net the center stage for racial attacks across the board? Were we better off in the 90's when most were oblivious to the power of the net? If traditionally we formulate ourselves around pop culture and massive media outlets, where are we headed with the net as a frontrunner? Ignore them if you may but social sites and forums are where people are venting their true feelings, the one's usually reserved in a face to face. I walk the streets today and it feels like 2009, but when I hit the net its like a blast from the past, 50's black and white with a splash of HD. Sorry for the blackberry rant, I know I'm gonna get fried.
I'd be a fool to say it doesn't exist online but a lot of it is obvious immature baiting by those hiding behind their monitors who knowthat it's easy to get a rise out of people by doing it. Personally, random name calling doesn't bother me; I become concerned when people try to usescience or religion to justify their racism.

Agreed. All is in the eye of the beholder when all is said. This has just been a bad week for society, like everyday something new. The world just needs to hitone big j lol.

^
In today's times, its really whatever.

I think that's the coolest thing since Clinton on Arsenio though.

Politicians showing they're just "normal" kats FTW.

He was asked a question, and answered honestly.
laugh.gif

Thing that gets me most is, with Jay 3 or 4 different mentions of his personal ties with Obama via BP3, 'Ye ain't gonna respond.

And if he does, he will switch up, and it'll be in some "self-reflecting" bar with him analyzing himself.

Some cocky line like:
"Obama Billy the Kid me;
called me a jack*** and made me more famous;
for being an *nus...
So I had to make changes..."

SMH @ Wale's "co-sign" during the "house" segment.

Dude always finds a way to wanster himself...
laugh.gif

the worst part of the whole situation is that beyonce won later on in the night and kanye's ******ed behind completely stoletaylor's spotlight. like 50 said "he picked the girl to interupt...let him try that with a bigger rapper at an award show....he wouldn't come upto me and do that."

Back
Top Bottom