Founding Member of 702 Passes Away

http://blogs.bet.com/music/soundOff/?p=286

This past Sunday (April 20), Orish Grinstead, founding member of popular R&B girl group 702, passed away due to kidney failure. Grinstead, who was 27 years old, was also suffering from several other medical complications, including cancer which she yet had been treated for. According to sources close to Grinstead, the singer's been plagued by her illness for quite some time and was only expected to live for several more months.

Orish formed the group, 702, with her twin sister, Irish and older sister, Lameisha in the mid-90's before being discovered by comedian, Sinbad in the lobby of Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. The group was originally a quartet, but soon became a trio when Orish left the group to pursue a solo career. Shortly after, 702 released their freshmen debut, No Doubt, which produced hits such as "Steelo", "All I Want", "Get It Together". The set sold over 500,000 copies worldwide.

tired.gif
Very sad, God bless her.

I honestly don't know
grin.gif
but she's not in the Where My Girls Atvideo apparentley, I never knew their names. This brings me back though, think it was the same time Blaque came out with "808"

I think she left after the group signed their deal, at first I thought she was Irish but I saw they were sister's.

Yeah she left before they got big. I think she's in the Subway video "Little Game We Play"

So she wasn't actually in the group when they hit it "big" but she was the twin of the one with short hair, right?

R.I.P.

SHE WAS NOT WITH THEM WHEN THEY BLEW UP, SHE WAS NOT ONE OF THE 3 MEMBERS IN THE GROUP. SHE WAS THE 4TH MEMBER THAT WASNT WITH THEM WHEN THEY BLEW UP SO PLEASESTOP THINKING THAT IT WAS ONE OF THE 3 BECAUSE IT WASNT!

Sorry, just wanted to try and get everyone to basically read that since people in this thread are thinking that it is one of the 3. I know that she was Irishssister.

RIP to Orish, my condolences goes out to the family.

^ Yeah it clearly reads that she had left the group before they got popular. All the chicks in the group were hot though.

Back
Top Bottom