Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I'm guessing there's different rules for different properties back in the 90s for the contracts and negotiations.

The Inhumans also first showed up in FF as well.

It's weird for Kang especially cuz he showed up first as Rama Tut, not Kang but I guess they somehow own all versions as well.

Marvel probably won't explain it any time soon cuz Feige wasn't the guy that made this deal. Ike wasn't either. Old regime was just trying to keep Marvel comics afloat.
do the contract/rights at fox and sony ever expire or at least to where marvel has some control of characters?

Last edited:
I'm guessing there's different rules for different properties back in the 90s for the contracts and negotiations.

The Inhumans also first showed up in FF as well.

It's weird for Kang especially cuz he showed up first as Rama Tut, not Kang but I guess they somehow own all versions as well.

Marvel probably won't explain it any time soon cuz Feige wasn't the guy that made this deal. Ike wasn't either. Old regime was just trying to keep Marvel comics afloat.
do the contract/rights at fox and sony ever expire or at least to where marvel has some control of characters?
The deals so far seem like they have no expiration date (if they do nobody says them cuz it probably would be a crazy long year from now like 2245 :lol: ) cuz as set up Marvel still makes some money from FOX and SONY making Spidey and X-Men/F4 flicks and at the time they never imagined they'd set up their own studio and have the money to make their own movies.

So for now it seems the only way they'll get the movies back is if SONY and FOX lapse for 6 or 7 years in not making a movie for those properties which was always a long shot for X-Men and Spidey but closer to impossible given this current age of super hero movies mostly making double and triple their budgets. F4 might revert if FOX thinks they can never succeed with the property which so far they've shown they can't and if that happens the MCU gets Galactus, Silver Surfer, Skrulls, Kang, Negative Zone, on top of the F4 and Dr. Doom.

Last edited:
Since the F4 universes are separate, there's a shot Marvel can get the F4 back.

That was me who referenced Kang. I brought it up because someone's asked what movie was better between F4 and some other movie. I brought up *** I thought Kang should be the next bad guy after Thanos since unfortunately Marvel doesn't have rights to Doctor Doom.

It's hard to tell why who belongs to who. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch first appeared in X-MEN. Both were Avengers. So they were both able to be used by both companies. Yet Wolverine first appeared in Hulk and is both mutant/X-MEN and Avenger but is Fox property strictly. Maybe it goes by first appearances unless stated exceptions. Probably why QS and SW were free for both to use.

So I don't know if Marvel can use Kang or not. But I think he'd be the best villian after Thanos. They don't need to go to someone more powerful than Thanos so soon.

That was me who referenced Kang. I brought it up because someone's asked what movie was better between F4 and some other movie. I brought up *** I thought Kang should be the next bad guy after Thanos since unfortunately Marvel doesn't have rights to Doctor Doom.

It's hard to tell why who belongs to who. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch first appeared in X-MEN. Both were Avengers. So they were both able to be used by both companies. Yet Wolverine first appeared in Hulk and is both mutant/X-MEN and Avenger but is Fox property strictly. Maybe it goes by first appearances unless stated exceptions. Probably why QS and SW were free for both to use.

So I don't know if Marvel can use Kang or not. But I think he'd be the best villian after Thanos. They don't need to go to someone more powerful than Thanos so soon.

For Wolverine, I think they outright brought his rights. Like a Wolverine cause in the X-Men/Fox rights. I mean he is the biggest character.

I dunno any of those characters except dp and colossus but she gave colossus a one hitter quiter.

Cable hangs wtih deadpool? Wish he could be in a movie with Thanos just to see Thanos get jelly when Death gives dp all the attention.

CLHhrqr.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/x-men/feature/a781382/x-men-apocalypse-21-things-we-learned-on-set/

Raven has become "the Harriet Tubman of mutants"

Those are the words of Singer, who likened Jennifer Lawrence's character to the iconic civil rights activist because she's spent the past decade rescuing mutants from enslavement. "We find Raven - who is known as a hero for preventing a war between two species - living in seclusion," says Singer. "She has no interest in fame and notoriety, and because she can transform herself, she can anonymously help disenfranchised mutants all over the world." It's through this mission that we're introduced to Nightcrawler (Kodi Smitt-McPhee), who's having a rough time of it in East Berlin until Raven intervenes.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/x-men/feature/a781382/x-men-apocalypse-21-things-we-learned-on-set/

Raven has become "the Harriet Tubman of mutants"

Those are the words of Singer, who likened Jennifer Lawrence's character to the iconic civil rights activist because she's spent the past decade rescuing mutants from enslavement. "We find Raven - who is known as a hero for preventing a war between two species - living in seclusion," says Singer. "She has no interest in fame and notoriety, and because she can transform herself, she can anonymously help disenfranchised mutants all over the world." It's through this mission that we're introduced to Nightcrawler (Kodi Smitt-McPhee), who's having a rough time of it in East Berlin until Raven intervenes.
:smh: :x And this dude Singer says he loves the X-characters and never wants to stop doing these movies.

Harriet Tubman of mutants :stoneface:

Did they change up his origin story a lot? I haven't read any complaints about changes which is surprising.

Back
Top Bottom