• Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, Jean Smart to Star in FX's 'X-Men' Take 'Legion'

DAVID (Dan Stevens) - Diagnosed as schizophrenic at a young age, David is a haunted man, trying to find his way back to sanity, but he's getting tired and is about to give up when he meets the girl of his dreams.

LENNY (Aubrey Plaza) - David's friend, who despite a life of drugs and alcohol abuse, knows that any day now her life is gonna turn around, which gives Lenny the likeable energy of the impossible optimist despite her rough demeanor.

MELANIE (Jean Smart) – A nurturing, demanding therapist with a sharp mind and unconventional methods.

SYD (Rachel Keller) – Self-sufficient and street smart, Syd uses her sharp and prickly demeanor to protect her soft core, because even though it makes her a sucker and puts her at risk, she still believes in happily ever after.

1, 2, First Class, and DOFP are the ones you absolutely need to watch.

But I recommend you watch X-3 anyway so that you understand why DOFP had to be made.

X-2 really is a classic. Still remember the hood theater's reactions to every cool scene. The presidential assasination scene :wow:

Negroes stood up and applauded when Nightcrawler teleported Rogue back into the jet :lol:

When the X-2 theme song came in at the end of DOFP I shed a tear for my childhood

The scene where the mansion gets raided and Wolverine goes full beastmode in the kitchen and stabs dude had every lit at the cinerama theater. When the body dropped and Wolverine turned to check on Iceman, you could see his claw marks on the fridge and we all went wild

Last edited:
Yeah X2 was not a classic. Even at that time 
laugh.gif
.  Still one of the greatest opening scenes tho.

Last edited:
X-2 was a classic. It was the first of the better class of superhero films. Every ranking has it top 10. Most have it top 5.

X-2 was amazing for its time and a classic vintage, but there are way too many fantastic superhero movies out right now to rank it in the top five for me. It really is a renaissance of superhero movies right now lol

Last edited:
TDK
BB
Cap 2
Avengers
First Class
IM 1
Gotg

You would have a hard time selling me on that bumping any of those out

I mean you obviously seem like a fan of current films. Those are all current films. Oldest is Batman Begins lol

First Class is definitely not a top 5 to me lol but this all broils down to personal preference anyway.

Abandon thread before Zik comes in here
laugh.gif

BB upped the ante. Before them they were Meh for the most part ..the standouts are of course Spider-Man 2 and X2 from the early 2000s

View media item 1897865
I just find it so hard to believe that y'all don't think it's a top 5-10 film. Now I'm different, superheroes are my first passion (shoes are my second lol). Always was broke growing up but mom always made a way to get me something superhero. My mom died and I just keep it all close to my heart cause most things I got growing up were of superheroes. All my presents for my birthdays are still superhero toys or comics or stuff with superheroes on it. I've seen and own every superhero film. Seeing every film opening night or the following night.

With that said, out of all the films that have come out, X-2 still is a top film. I guess it's just your preference. Do you see a film for action? CGI? Acting? Actors? Story? Characters?

Movies that would have to be in my top 10 in no order are

Iron Man
Avengers
The Winter Soldier
Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
DOFP
Spider-Man 2
Iron Man 3
X-2
GOTG

I think some of y'all are making it seem there's a whole lot of great comic book films when there actually isn't. A lot of solid films. But not great. Only other ones that are top worthy are Spider-Man, Superman (not MOS), TDKR but that's probably it. I do not think First Class is as great as some of y'all are saying.

Last edited:
BB upped the ante. Before them they were Meh for the most part ..the standouts are of course Spider-Man 2 and X2 from the early 2000s

See, I'm from the other side of thinking. I believe it was X-2 that upped the ante. Cause after that came Spider-Man 2 and then Batman Begins.

I would like to watch the previous X-Men films before this new movie. I haven't seen any of them. Suggested order? Are they all worth watching or should I skip some?
Don't skip any of them. Watch all of the crappy ones. With X3 or Wolverine Origins being the worst.

Only X2 was good.

Yeah X2 was not a classic. Even at that time :lol: . Still one of the greatest opening scenes tho.
I officially consider dude the lamekilla for X-Men threads :lol:

I saw it being called classic and just :smh:

Last edited:
View media item 1897865
I just find it so hard to believe that y'all don't think it's a top 5-10 film. Now I'm different, superheroes are my first passion (shoes are my second lol). Always was broke growing up but mom always made a way to get me something superhero. My mom died and I just keep it all close to my heart cause most things I got growing up were of superheroes. All my presents for my birthdays are still superhero toys or comics or stuff with superheroes on it. I've seen and own every superhero film. Seeing every film opening night or the following night.

With that said, out of all the films that have come out, X-2 still is a top film. I guess it's just your preference. Do you see a film for action? CGI? Acting? Actors? Story? Characters?

Movies that would have to be in my top 10 in no order are

Iron Man
Avengers
The Winter Soldier
Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
DOFP
Watchmen
Iron Man 3
X-2
GOTG

I think some of y'all are making it seem there's a whole lot of great comic book films when there actually isn't. A lot of solid films. But not great. Only other ones that are top worthy are Spider-Man, Superman (not MOS), TDKR but that's probably it. I do not think First Class is as great as some of y'all are saying.

Iron Man 3 and Watchmen??? I'd replace em with Blade and Spider-man 2 but solid list other wise though

Last edited:
As someone who didn't know anything about The Watchmen before watching it, I liked it.

To this day, I still haven't finished watchmen. I just can't for some reason.

Iron Man 3 and Watchmen??? I'd replace em with Blade and Spider-man 2 but solid list other wise though

Watchmen is great! A lot of people aren't into Watchmen which is why they don't care for the movie.

Iron Man 3 is vastly underrated. People don't get the message of the movie. Is Iron Man the man or the suit? Take everything away from him, all the money, all the toys and all the fame, and he's still Iron Man. Also, as a person who is diagnosed with anxiety, panic disorder, I can tell you the panic attacks he displayed in the film are on point! Its how it feels to live with the disorder.

I actually just noticed I didn't out Spider-Man 2 in. Thought I did. I'd take out Watchmen and put SM2 in.

A lot of people are on the fence about Days of Future Past as a top superhero flick. The future Sentinels themselves were the deadliest villains in superhero films. No Avenger would've stopped all of those things (Avengers were barely holding off the Chatauri). They slaughtered the whole world. The visions of concentration camps and bodies being dumped like trash were crazy! They were fighting a fight they knew they would lose based on faith and hope. The movie described in one word is hope. The Charles meets Charles scene is one of my favorites.. "Charles, we need you to hope again".

Last edited:
surprised this is only 18 minutes long....
laugh.gif
cmon son I hated the movie as much as anyone else but some of these are just NT level nitpicks. Like really? The design of the tri-fold posters in the science fair?
roll.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom