Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
He had upgraded metal wings and should be skilled at flying by now.... They didn't show him stuck. They showed him in awe(clear expression on his face) of the nose dive he was taking. As if he never nosed dived while flying before.....

He had upgraded metal wings and should be skilled at flying by now.... They didn't show him stuck. They showed him in awe(clear expression on his face) of the nose dive he was taking. As if he never nosed dived while flying before.....
he was clearly an idiot though

the only two character moments he had in the entire movie was acting cocky and getting washed in 5 seconds by nightcrawler, and being an alcoholic 
laugh.gif

even with metal wings he still got beat again by nightcrawler

not being able to get out of a crashing plane is not really a surprise for the character

Archangel's primary power is that of natural flight, due to his large feathered wings. His wings have superhuman strength, and they have a very flexible skeletal structure that enables him to press them to the back of his torso and legs with only the slightest bulge visible under his clothing. His bones are hollow, his body processes food more efficiently than a normal human body and does not store any excess fat, and he possesses a greater proportionate muscle mass than normal. As a result, his strength, speed, agility, flexibility, endurance, reflexes, coordination, balance, eyesight and hearing are at their peak. Elements of his anatomy are comparable to those of birds, especially birds of prey. His eyes can withstand high-speed winds which would damage the average human eye. He can breathe at high velocities or altitudes, and he can cope with the reduced temperatures at high altitudes for prolonged periods of time, giving him a greater-than-normal capacity to endure low temperatures in areas such as the Arctic. The strength in his natural wings can easily break a man's arm or leg, or even put someone through a wall.

While he generally flies below the height of clouds, Archangel can reach almost twice this height with little effort. At his absolute maximum, he can reach the highest recorded altitude of a bird in flight — about the height of Mount Everest — but he can only remain that high for a few minutes. Although flight is as natural a mode of transportation for Angel as for a bird, he can only fly nonstop under his own power for around half a day.

He has undergone heavy training with Professor X, especially in mastering his flight indoors. He has demonstrated superior agility, flexibility, reflexes, coordination, and balance while flying, and has been shown defeating superbeings much faster than him (like the Human Torch[volume & issue needed]) by dodging them and having them smash against the ground or a wall at full speed.

Angel is also an accomplished hand-to-hand combatant, having defeated several of the werewolf-like homo superior when Wolverine is defeated.[volume & issue needed] He is trained in hand-to-hand combat at Xavier's school; while dating Psylocke, he receives a considerable amount of martial arts instruction.[volume & issue needed] During his years on the team, he is given extensive training from Wolverine, and when he once surprises Wolverine after taking down some men, he says, "My father spoiled me with more than money."[volume & issue needed] He also receives further instruction from the Black Widow and Hercules during his days with the Champions.[volume & issue needed]

His wings have been replaced by Apocalypse with techno-organic versions which can appear the same as his natural wings.

As the result of a secondary mutation which has been shown inconsistently, Archangel also develops a healing factor and can heal others by mixing his blood with theirs, provided they have a matching blood type to Warren's.[volume & issue needed] His healing blood does not work with Nightcrawler.[69] Although powerful, this mutation varies in potency. At times, he cannot aid the terminally wounded; at others, he can actually raise the recently dead.[volume & issue needed] This secondary mutation suggests that he may be descended from the ancient race of Cheyarafim mutants.[volume & issue needed] He is nearly immune to injury because his healing blood is constantly flowing through him. At its onset, he repairs broken bones in days,[volume & issue needed] but his healing abilities have enhanced since then.[volume & issue needed] In an issue of X-Force, Warren is savagely attacked and his wings are ripped from his body. His healing factor fails to work, and he instead must be healed by Josh Foley. It is revealed that the Celestial Technology bonded to him by Apocalypse prevents Elixir from regenerating his wings.[volume & issue needed] They eventually regenerate on their own.[volume & issue needed]

After the death of Warren and the Archangel persona via the Life Seed, the new entity known as Angel has healing powers far beyond what Warren was ever able to accomplish, as demonstrated when he resurrects a recently dead dog.[2]

Aside from his superhuman powers, the original Warren was a most highly capable businessman and the new Warren has accordingly retained or "inherited" his position as the primary stockholder and chairman emeritus (former chairman) of the board-of-directors of Worthington Industries.

Celestial technology wings Edit
Archangel possesses a set of metal techno-organic wings grafted onto him by the genetic engineering of Apocalypse when Apocalypse renames him the Horseman of Death.[70] These wings are composed of a hard, sharp, organic material that resembles the "organic steel" of Colossus' body. The wings give him the ability to project his metallic feathers out from his wings at great speed and with tremendous force, enabling them to pierce even steel.

Archangel does not have complete control over his feathers, which sometimes shoot from his wings against his conscious will in response to his unconscious aggressive drives. The feathers are laced with a neural inhibitor chemical, generated by Archangel's body, which induces temporary paralysis.

These wings allow him to fly at speeds much faster than his natural, feathered wings. The edges of these metal wings are also razor sharp, allowing them to be used as weapons.

While he believes he has lost his metal wings when he re-grows his organic ones, the Celestial Technology never leaves his system, and his natural-appearing wings contain the Celestial technology. When implanted into regular human beings, the technology induces a transformation similar to that of Warren's. When his feathered wings are severed from his body by Wolfsbane, his metal wings grow back in their place. Furthermore, his skin reverts to blue and his old Archangel costume appears.[volume & issue needed] Warren's body returns to normal — the metal wings being replaced with the appearance of his feathered ones — indicating that Warren has the ability to switch between metal and feathered wings and his Angel and Archangel appearances.[71] During a battle with Selene's Coven, Blink teleports Warren's wings apart, shredding them to pieces. However, within minutes, they begin to painfully re-grow, indicating his healing factor may still exist.[volume & issue needed] The wings have been shown capable to heal Apocalypse.[volume & issue needed]. In issue 14 of X-Men: Second Coming, Dr. Nemesis questions the rate that they would grow as the biology is different from Colossus' armor.

All I know is the ************ with metal wings died in a plane crash. **** even if did he ain't die, not escaping that plane before crashing was stupid as ****. Especially showing how Psylocke escaped. It really shouldn't have been done.

But I guess yall gotta make your stand on some hill.

Ok try to exit a speeding train aggressively then :rofl:
If I had metal wings and all of the mutant abilities that came with it I could do it.

The staunch defense for stupid things :lol:
I'm sayin :lol:

Last edited:
at least he was still more useful than psylocke 
laugh.gif

the only thing she did that's worth mentioning is cutting a car in half 

raven did more pretending to be her than she did the entire movie 
roll.gif

A boeing 747 flys at 500+ mph. What makes you think a private jet (possibly moddified by hank) nose diving. Isnt going more than that?

And he was just going to hurl himself forward to burst through the glass...
Again how was he going to do this

I get it b. You don't care about Archangel's abilities.

I see now. The same way y'all shut your brains off to enjoy this movie is the same way you're shutting it off now.

Wow, that's right. Psylocke escaped!!!!!
The ***** don't even have wings!!
Any argument about plane speed is invalid now.
:rofl:

Trash scene

Apoc was right. "Useless!"

Last edited:
in the context of the movie angel was just one of the lesser minions of the main bad guy

if he was extremis soldier #2 in iron man 3 people wouldn't care how he died but because he's an notable comic book character people have more of an attachment to a underdeveloped, basically worthless character.

my only complaint is that psylocke should have died in that crash too 

What makes you think a private jet (possibly moddified by hank) nose diving.
What do you mean private jet modified by Hank?

What scene did that happen?

They stole that plane from the facility they got kidnapped from.

What does it being modified have to do with at the speed it was crashing to the ground?

Last edited:
A guy who can fly died in that airplane crash but Psylocke lived?

I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching this movie lol

^ If you watched the movie. you would know she never even made it inside the plane.

regardless where they got the plane from or if it was modified. what makes you think a plane of that weight nose diving is going any slower than let's say 100 mph. dropping down at that speed. angel would have to be able to some how leap out. forward. and fly himself away in time to not crash along with the plane.

Last edited:
^ If you watched the movie. you would know she never even made it inside the plane.
regardless where they got the plane from or if it was modified. what makes you think a plane of that weight nose diving is going any slower than let's say 100 mph. dropping down at that speed. angel would have to be able to some how leap out. forward. and fly himself away in time to not crash along with the plane.

Is that really to much to ask of one of the four horsemen tho ? This movie sucked

meh everyone is going to have their opinions. but it's like the people who hate this movie wants everyone to hate it as well. where the people who enjoyed it knows the movies flaws and acknowledge it but still liked it for what it was.

meh everyone is going to have their opinions. but it's like the people who hate this movie wants everyone to hate it as well. where the people who enjoyed it knows the movies flaws and acknowledge it but still liked it for what it was.
Which in turn gives Fox the green light to keep making flawed movies since some of yah don't give AF.

Which in turn gives Fox the green light to keep making flawed movies since some of yah don't give AF.

Yup. This. Fox has no incentive to do anything drastic with their movies because way too many ppl are willing to settle for what they're given.

I don't want to 'like it for what it was'

I want something better.

Last edited:
the stuff yall want is kind of a lot to ask for.
Ziks idea for the next couple of movies was cool. but that's A LOT

there are too many storylines in X men to really make anyone feel happy and content.

people are going to b about something.

even with CW, and all other marvel movies dudes still complained about something..

Yea but it's been very scrupulous nitpicking for CW. Apoc was just trash all around. Last trash Disney/Marvel was IM3. They learned not to pull that **** again.

A boeing 747 flys at 500+ mph. What makes you think a private jet (possibly moddified by hank) nose diving. Isnt going more than that?

And he was just going to hurl himself forward to burst through the glass...
Again how was he going to do this

singer has a lot going on in this crash scene

Singer was also the producer on first class, which also had the blackbird crashing

Not sure if he was a producer on the wolverine which had a train scene

I thought X-men Apocalypse was a great movie. 8/10 for me. Definitely better than I expected. Loved the Wolverine cameo scene. I really didn't like how they set up the secret ending though....could have had more...ooomph....

Great movie imho.

I'm gonna assume y'all know talking about physics in a movie about superheroes is silly and Im just gon Rock with it. James Bond does that **** all the time.

Back
Top Bottom