Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

kool good looks. im gonna sell it
for retail?
happy.gif

I got 1200 offer for my deadstock frag size 8. Should I take the deal?
eek.gif
 If you need the money, sure. If you can have em sit longer, these should go for more down the road. Especially with that size 8. 

What do you guys think of these? They actually look real to me. Caught samples?

I couldn't tell you that Frag logo isn't blue like it should be , if it were a sample wouldn't it have a sample tag anyway?

Last edited:

What do you guys think of these? They actually look real to me. Caught samples?

I think someone already mentioned this but I will chime in since this is super confusing. There were two releases of the fragments. One was a release to "friends and family", was made of higher quality leather and had the black fragment stamp on them as can be seen on http://sneakernews.com/2014/12/16/air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-fragment-nikestore-release-info/ and http://sole collector.com/news/a-history-of-air-jordan-collaborations/  This release was closed and done before the major release. When the larger release happened the black ink was left out of the Fragment stamp. Any guess I would have at why would be just that... a guess. All I know is that he came up on a limited version of a limited release shoe for a steal!!!
nthat.gif

With Black Stamp.

Last edited:
I think someone already mentioned this but I will chime in since this is super confusing. There were two releases of the fragments. One was a release to "friends and family", was made of higher quality leather and had the black fragment stamp on them as can be seen on http://sneakernews.com/2014/12/16/air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-fragment-nikestore-release-info/ and http://sole collector.com/news/a-history-of-air-jordan-collaborations/  This release was closed and done before the major release. When the larger release happened the black ink was left out of the Fragment stamp. Any guess I would have at why would be just that... a guess. All I know is that he came up on a limited version of a limited release shoe for a steal!!! :nthat:  

View media item 1572252

With Black Stamp.

I can confirm this is 100% true. The black logo pairs are "friends and family" pair given to select few Nike employees and friends of Nike. Been nearly begging an acquaintance who has a pair of these.

This doesn't mean the early fake pairs with black logo are legit. The friends and family comes with og box with same product number as retail pairs.

I'll second that.

Black Logo's were 100% made for F&F. Very limited run too. I own a pair & i know mine is authentic because it came straight from HQ.
Im not the expert at differentiating released shoes, but one difference between mines and his pictures is on the tag mine has the "999999"

But don't get it twisted, there a ton of fakes with the logo black as well.

My guess is dude lucked up & got a pair. Don't think that one is fake. Owner probably did not know what he had when taking it in.
FC does a great job at ensuring fakes are not sold at their establishment due to their high prices.

PO

Last edited:
 I had a quick question, all you guys that have sold frags in the past for high prices, how do you ensure that you don't get screwed out of your money IE PayPal claims etc? Just curious if I decide to sell any of my more limited kicks down the line (not going to anytime soon but I always wondered)

I'll second that.

Black Logo's were 100% made for F&F. Very limited run too. I own a pair & i know mine is authentic because it came straight from HQ.
Im not the expert at differentiating released shoes, but one difference between mines and his pictures is on the tag mine has the "999999"

My guess is dude lucked up & got a pair. Don't think that one is fake. Owner probably did not know what he had when taking it in.
FC does a great job at ensuring fakes are not sold at their establishment due to their high prices.

PO
Are materials for the most part the same?

I'll second that.

PO
He totally lucked out and doesn't even know it! I'd gladly take that off his hand if it was my size.

My guess is the seller just submitted the product number (he might not even know his pair was in fact limited) and got quoted as a retail pair of Fragments. And there is no reason for FC to believe they were fake. In fact, I recall people suggested FCNY sold fake Fragments shortly after release, it could have been another F&F pair.

Boy, I wish I can get a hold of a pair of those F&F Fragments in the near future. 
nthat.gif

^^
You know I've never actually compared...I have both.
Ill try to post some thoughts this weekend.

PO
Would love to see some side by side as well.

Though it is my understanding that they are technically the same except for the black logo. The 'higher' quality leather pair most people tend to relate to the F&F pairs, are in fact actually samples. At least that was my understanding.

Just purchased my frags recently, and I just wanted to post a few pictures of how detailed and great the leather of fragment quality really is especially around the wings logo [emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji]
These must be samples then. My leather aint like that 
nerd.gif

These must be samples then. My leather aint like that :nerd:

Those aren't the sample quality I'm referring to. On the samples, all the panels are tumbled leather similar to the sbb coming out.

I've seen many pictures of Frags with some panels being more tumbled and other smooth especially on the collar.

Sorry for the late response.

Finally got to look at it & honestly the leather is better, but slightly. A little more padded/thicker, but my side panels aren't tumbled like someone previously mentioned.

Still a great shoe, but the differences can only really be seen in person.

View media item 1581174
PO

Last edited:
i need someone to come thru with a legit check guide like this: http://niketalk.com/t/618987/lc-jordan-future-glows-authentic-vs-fake-guide-w-pics/0_100

cuz there's way too much discrepancy for a $1200 after retail shoe.

some got tumbled leather. some dont. some got big *** bolts. some dont. some got black bolts. some dont. some got 9999999999 on the size tag. some dont.

maybe that needs to just be a sign to give up on these altogether, cuz losing 3 bills on a fake pair of some other Js is one thing, but rent money on some fugazi kicks will make me burn something down

Back
Top Bottom