Fragment Design x Retro 1 High OG - Dec 27, 2014

You really believe all this though? You're talking about a major sneaker head that would care about all you listed.

Its like people who talk about wine. Oh, the wine's acidity is fantastic. Or, its got such a bold flavor.

At the end of the day, wine is wine to me. I've had $100 glass of wine, and $10 glass of wine. They taste the same to me.

I think you're giving too much credit to sneaker heads and what they care about. They care about the cw, and lets be real, they care about these because its LIMITED. Some of you guys do truly care about what you listed, but for the most part, i think anyone copping these at this price care for one thing: LIMITED. Its the sneaker culture we're faced with.

Wines taste most certainly varies.

Just because you can't taste it, does not mean someone that is knowledgable on wine doesn't.

OG mold and sample mashups from 85' = no brainer.

You really believe all this though? You're talking about a major sneaker head that would care about all you listed.

Its like people who talk about wine. Oh, the wine's acidity is fantastic. Or, its got such a bold flavor.

At the end of the day, wine is wine to me. I've had $100 glass of wine, and $10 glass of wine. They taste the same to me.

I think you're giving too much credit to sneaker heads and what they care about. They care about the cw, and lets be real, they care about these because its LIMITED. Some of you guys do truly care about what you listed, but for the most part, i think anyone copping these at this price care for one thing: LIMITED. Its the sneaker culture we're faced with.
casper you could not have said it any better. Thank you! People don't know what the **** they're talking about. They only want it because of the hype and either seeing others struggling to get em' or willing to drop a dime on them. And then when you comment on it others are  saying "Don't watch his money" "Let the man be happy" ... This is the era we live in now. Help each other out... bring awareness. Sheesh

Yeah they're suppose to restock 1.6k pairs for ASW.
Can't wait
pimp.gif
nice so sick to hear!

Just because you can't taste it, does not mean someone that is knowledgable on wine doesn't.

bwood, I am sure some of you appreciate the shoe for these reasons but MAJORITY? Most are only interested because of the reasons I listed above. What about colorway? If these were a GR most people wouldn't even care.

I understand that. I know what you mean.

But you're talking a small fraction of people who give a damn about all that though. That was my point. I know people aren't buying because of mold or height. Its because of exclusivity. Not all, but most.

Think about it. People paying $800+ because of the mold and height? Hell no. Its because its limited and a good cw.

Whatevers. This release has been an eye opener for me. Its a not so subtle way of telling me my time in this hobby is coming to an end. Too old for this. I've also learned I actually do have a limit on what I'll spend. I use to not have a limit.

casper you could not have said it any better. Thank you! People don't know what the **** they're talking about. They only want it because of the hype and either seeing others struggling to get em' or willing to drop a dime on them. And then when you comment on it others are  saying "Don't watch his money" "Let the man be happy" ... This is the era we live in now. Help each other out... bring awareness. Sheesh

But its not everyone though. And with everything I said, its their money and nobody should really care people are willing to spend $800+ on these. It is what it is.

Just stop asking people why they have so much appeal for these shoes. It doesn't matter, really.

Back to the shoes.

Last edited:
I understand that. I know what you mean.

But you're talking a small fraction of people who give a damn about all that though. That was my point. I know people aren't buying because of mold or height. Its because of exclusivity. Not all, but most.

Think about it. People paying $800+ because of the mold and height? Hell no. Its because its limited and a good cw.

Whatevers. This release has been an eye opener for me. Its a not so subtle way of telling me my time in this hobby is coming to an end. Too old for this. I've also learned I actually do have a limit on what I'll spend. I use to not have a limit.
JB has everyone brainwashed.. you try to open someones eyes and the stooges jump in. I dunno maybe it isn't anyone's business but I've been lurking here for sometime and some of the ish you see people do for a pair of shoes is disgusting and ******ed. Lol.

Last edited:
I getting F***ING tired of the classic "If this was a GR.....!" excuse

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas

They were limited, they sell for a high price, and both shoe collectors AND hypebeasts wanted them if they were 'mass GR' or '1 of 1'.... END OF STORY!

STOP WITH THE HATE!!!

It ain't that deep, fellas :lol:

But its become that though. I don't really have a problem with it. It is what it is.

Seriously, $800+ for some AJ1. AND CLIMBING. I never saw that coming.

I'm only referring to this whole "its the mold, height" talk. I think thats ludicrous, for the majority.

They were limited, they sell for a high price, and both shoe collectors AND hypebeasts wanted them if they were 'mass GR' or '1 of 1'.... END OF STORY!

STOP WITH THE HATE!!!
Why would I be hating? It's the truth!

STOP WITH THE HATE!!!
Why would I be hating? It's the truth!
My question, "Did you cop a pair?"

roll.gif

tell me about how all the other GR non-og c/ways sold??

Let me break it down.

Chicagos flew off shelves- until people realised how horrible they were.

Royals- cannot compare this release to anything- messed up distribution meant Asia/Europe got apporx.75% of pairs.- this did set the precedent for stupid resell.

Shadows- sat in many places- prices jumped after black/red release

Black toes- as with shadows

Black/red- thristy mf's went ham on these thinking they like royals.

Celtics/atlanta- lolz lolz lolz- remember hwo many fools pretending they liked them?? all ended up on sale racks across the globe.

Black/gold- unicorn release - cant compare to much- 'OG' c/way done wrong

jeters, PS - kind of similar release to Black/gold- and fragments are in a similar league- non- og c/way with a healthy sprinkling of hype- and limited release.

Funny thing is- Fragments sold in more places than Royals.

So this is the math.

OG c/way with Nike Air branding limited= everyone likes.

OG c/way with Nike Air branding GR= people start liking after resell goes up

OG c/way with non-nike air branding GR= meh

Non-OG c/way with nike air branding GR= initial excitement fading to sale racks

Non-OG c/way with non-nike air branding = no one cares

Non-OG c/way with non-nike air branding and limited release and much HYPE= EVERYONE LOVES!!!

Let's be straight- 09 shadows quality  >>>>>>>>> than basically anything jordan has ever done.

I COULD NOT (yes- this is the correct usage) care less what another man spends his hard-earned on-

just be man enough to admit you pay for hype- not for any other BS excuse- YOU KNOW IT - I KNOW IT-WE ALL KNOW IT- so man up!

I have paid way too much money for shoes over the journey- purely because i got caught up in silly Hype.

roll.gif

Let me break it down.

Royals- cannot compare this release to anything- messed up distribution meant Asia/Europe got apporx.75% of pairs.- this did set the precedent for stupid resell.

Celtics/atlanta- lolz lolz lolz- remember hwo many fools pretending they liked them?? all ended up on sale racks across the globe.

jeters, PS - kind of similar release to Black/gold- and fragments are in a similar league- non- og c/way with a healthy sprinkling of hype- and limited release.

So this is the math.

Non-OG c/way with non-nike air branding and limited release and much HYPE= EVERYONE LOVES!!!

Let's be straight- 09 shadows quality  >>>>>>>>> than basically anything jordan has ever done.

I COULD NOT (yes- this is the correct usage) care less what another man spends his hard-earned on-

just be man enough to admit you pay for hype- not for any other BS excuse- YOU KNOW IT - I KNOW IT-WE ALL KNOW IT- so man up!

I have paid way too much money for shoes over the journey- purely because i got caught up in silly Hype.
What is your point?

Puppets of this sneaker game!
Please answer my question. Did you cop a pair?

:rofl:

Let me break it down.

So this is the math.

a lot of your info is wrong.

roll.gif

Let me break it down.

So this is the math.

You are my new best friend. For real though much respect for the way you broke it down.

Back
Top Bottom