FRAUD ALERT!!!!!!! BUYERS BEWARE niketalk: mosneaksthanU ebay: airmaxkid

sorry to hear, but this made me chuckle:

YOU PICKED THE WRONG GUY TIMOTHY. YOU ARE GOING TO GIVE ME MY MONEY!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by metalmaned

Thats why you always send the person a paypal invoice because then they CAN NOT say they didn't know about it. Also a word to the wise on all your kids selling shoes in the mail, do yourself a favor and send them UPS because their tracking system is so much better!!! The USPS delivery confirmation only confirms the package was delivered, it does not say it's delievered to a specific address nor can you provide a signature. I've gotten burned via Pay Pal on this issue before... If you send shoes USPS make sure you pay extra for the signature proof of delivery... it is a little bit more but they have to sign for it then...

Truth. Learned that the hard way.

I thought as long as you sent to a confirmed address and had delivery confirmation you were ok?

Originally Posted by FResHtuDEF

smh.gif
at dudes still using paypal, usps money orders only
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by 200nikesdeep

Never use paypal when selling throught the mail.

Use a U.S.P.S money order thats why I always do and stay in contact by phone thats also why I ALWAYS ASK THE BUYER FOR A CONTACT NUMBER also to know hes serious.

Glad nothing like this evey happened to me.

Also this post is in the NIKE section

problem is you have a smaller window of people willing to buy w/ money order as opposed to paypal and many people not willing to spend as much due to therisk involved for the buyer

If I dont use paypal, I get my M/O from my bank because they protect it from fraud! I got frauded ones and my bank put the money in my account right away! Youguys should see if your bank offers that.

-h23

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

what makes a USPS Money Order better than PayPal? Im curious.

Its better for the seller b/c it can't be chargedback or refunded. It is a little risky for the buyer b/c your basically mailing a stranger cash.

If someone could somehow create a business that was a middle man for shoe buyers and sellers, where the buyer would send the money, the seller would send theshoes, after the purchase (not a host like InStyleShoes). The shoes would be checked for authenticity, the money authorized, then they would be shipped out andthey money would be transferred. Even with a 15-25 fee, I'm sure untrusting buyer and sellers alike would use it.

Originally Posted by Poise3

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

what makes a USPS Money Order better than PayPal? Im curious.

Its better for the seller b/c it can't be chargedback or refunded. It is a little risky for the buyer b/c your basically mailing a stranger cash.

If someone could somehow create a business that was a middle man for shoe buyers and sellers, where the buyer would send the money, the seller would send the shoes, after the purchase (not a host like InStyleShoes). The shoes would be checked for authenticity, the money authorized, then they would be shipped out and they money would be transferred. Even with a 15-25 fee, I'm sure untrusting buyer and sellers alike would use it.

This is a giant misconception. If someone sends you a money order they made at their bank, they can still put a stop payment on it while its in the mail.or they can send you a counterfeit USPS money order of which thousands and thousands are sent daily. I am a banker, i've seen peoples' accounts getthousands in the red because money orders get returned believe it or not.
Money Orders =/= Cash.

Back
Top Bottom