Free/Cheap Things To Do In NYC - Manhattan and Brooklyn

Riding Around The Subway (you'll learn the routes quick)
Walking around Central Park
Eating from Street Vendors (this includes outdoor/indoor markets)
Walking around College Campuses
Doing some Tourists stuff (didn't do much of this, but I heard there were some cheap packages).

while we're at it, may as well toss up some names of bars to go to...

we're probably gonna eat at crif dogs in LES and go to bars around that way 'cause bars are cheaper there

there's a German bar in alphabet city that we may hit up (can't remember the name) and we may go to Jeremy's Ale House in the financial district for some $4 32 oz. beers

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

in before "Regional Forums"

you were in at the same time as "regional forums" since you said it
Originally Posted by Gumbo Jones

metropolitan museum --- they say a $16 admission but that's just the recommended amount.

i give em a dollar or two every time i go.
alexander mqueen exhibit (if still up) was @___@ @___@ @____@

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

forgot to mention, not really interested in museums 'cause they bore my wife
go to the bar inside crif dogs

livingsocial.com
go see the tree
highline is cool
stroll through the village cool places there
check out the meatpacking district
walk the brooklyn bridge
go to 5 pointz in queens if you dont like going to a museum.
dont forget the met is free
go to 5th ave and do some window shoppping

or skip the whole trip and save some more then come to new york and spend some paper....you cant really have a good time in this city for cheap

oo yea....defintally check out marcy projects, its beautiful at this time of year....

Originally Posted by go rilla

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

in before "Regional Forums"

you were in at the same time as "regional forums" since you said it
Originally Posted by Gumbo Jones

metropolitan museum --- they say a $16 admission but that's just the recommended amount.

i give em a dollar or two every time i go.
alexander mqueen exhibit (if still up) was @___@ @___@ @____@

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

forgot to mention, not really interested in museums 'cause they bore my wife
go to the bar inside crif dogs
the hidden bar looks cool but it seemed like it may be just a cocktail bar...can you confirm? and price range of drinks?

Take the double decker bus around the city one day. You'll get to see a lot of the city and get a good sense for where everything is. South Street seaport is nice too, you can take your wife there and check out a great view and just cake. Might not be as nice if it's cold. Brooklyn Promenade in Brooklyn Heights area is good to for a view of Manhattan. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge. Check out NYC Go or some of the tourist sites, there were always free concerts and activities listed there this summer when I looked. Canal Street is good for cheap souvenirs. You can go to the financial district and see the Wall Street Bull and look across at the Statue of Liberty.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

East NY
Brownsville
Crown Heights
Bed-Stuy

just stroll through those neighborhoods
Bed Stuy and Crown Heights aren't as ghetto as they used to be, only by the border lines. And Gates ave
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom