Free Run+ 2 & iD - NSW iDs (Trail-inspired) NOW UP!

Originally Posted by big1236

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Has anybody's feet/ ankle started hurting after they began to wear these shoes?

These are my first pair of FREE's and now my right ankle's hurting as if i sprained or tweaked it. I can't push off on it when I play ball.

is this normal?!?!?

Yeah, you need to wear them more.  your feet/ankles aren't used to them and need to get stronger.  I had a little ankle pain when i first started wearing the free 5.0s , now i do half marathons in my frees.

alright, i haven't worn my frees for about 2 weeks now, and my ankle still hurts... what's wrong?!?
eyes.gif

do you have super flat feet?  the only reason that i can think of as to why you still have pain is that maybe you wore them too long at the jump.  OG Free 5.0 and Free trainer 5.0s  used to come with instruction brochures saying to slowly increase your time in them, first wear them around the house a little, then slowing extend your wearing time, and not to go out and exercise in them right away or wear them all day long.  try not wearing them for another two weeks, take some motrin/advil every 6-8 hrs for a day or two, and see if the pain goes away.  then after not wearing them for a total of 4 weeks, try only wearing them for an hour, then slowly build up your time in them.  Doctor's orders,  LOL

Saw the sonic yellows, and want to get those and the blcck volts,  almost copped them yesterday from NDC, but trying to be patient and see if they hit runningwarehouse, trying to get a discount and free overnight shipping.

do you have super flat feet?  the only reason that i can think of as to why you still have pain is that maybe you wore them too long at the jump.  OG Free 5.0 and Free trainer 5.0s  used to come with instruction brochures saying to slowly increase your time in them, first wear them around the house a little, then slowing extend your wearing time, and not to go out and exercise in them right away or wear them all day long.  try not wearing them for another two weeks, take some motrin/advil every 6-8 hrs for a day or two, and see if the pain goes away.  then after not wearing them for a total of 4 weeks, try only wearing them for an hour, then slowly build up your time in them.  Doctor's orders,  LOL

Saw the sonic yellows, and want to get those and the blcck volts,  almost copped them yesterday from NDC, but trying to be patient and see if they hit runningwarehouse, trying to get a discount and free overnight shipping.

Thanks for the advice 'doc'
happy.gif

Yeah, I have super flat feet
indifferent.gif
. I think you're right about me wearing them too long from the start. When I took them out of the box, I wore them to go to the academy of science here in SF. You know how that goes, hella walking...

The pain's been subsiding, I treated it as if i sprained my ankle and on the road to recovery- kept rolling it on a round object to kind of stretch the ligaments and now i'm able to push off on it more and more....

How long do I have to slowly increase until i can wear them without any pain? Anybody know?

It's nice to have a Doc in the house!
pimp.gif
 Yeah, beginning to wear Frees for an extended period of time could be the exact cause of your injury. 

Just copped my first pair of free 2's today (challenge red) and I must say I am hooked! where have you been all my life?!?! I'm done with basketball shoes

Thanks for the advice 'doc'
happy.gif

Yeah, I have super flat feet
indifferent.gif
. I think you're right about me wearing them too long from the start. When I took them out of the box, I wore them to go to the academy of science here in SF. You know how that goes, hella walking...

The pain's been subsiding, I treated it as if i sprained my ankle and on the road to recovery- kept rolling it on a round object to kind of stretch the ligaments and now i'm able to push off on it more and more....

How long do I have to slowly increase until i can wear them without any pain? Anybody know?

No problem man,  I love frees and swear by them.  once i started wearing them, didn't need arch supports for my flat feet and didn't have any knee pain after running.  no way to know for sure how long it will take, everyone is different, but since you have super flat feet, the adjusting time would take longer...  I would only suggest an hour or two each day for a week (once you have healed), and then increase by another hour or two, but please don't go running in them until you are well used to them.
smile.gif

I got the 3.0 in both the grey and black colorway. I like them a lot. Advice to people would be not to stand still for long periods of time though. They are comfy but keep moving.

saw womens green colorway at my finishline today. they are greatness. if i had small enuf feet i would grab em.

These?
203813364DA1567449A073

I'm planning to get at least two more cws, then I think I'll be fully satisfied with my FR2 purchases.. lol

Just picked up a pair.. thought I was going to get Friends & Family 30% but the Free's are excluded.  But the girl was kind enough to give me the SPC 15%.  1st pair of free's since the og ones like 5 years back, forgot how comfyyy they are
pimp.gif

^ they worked for me.

Went back today and scooped some nike dri fit combat gear, dude allowed the f&f on both
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

Just picked up a pair.. thought I was going to get Friends & Family 30% but the Free's are excluded.  But the girl was kind enough to give me the SPC 15%.  1st pair of free's since the og ones like 5 years back, forgot how comfyyy they are
pimp.gif

Can you link me to where I can get the F&F coupon?

im done with free run 2s for now, just got the colors i wanted.

got rid of the grey/red ones. they looked nice and all in pics and while holding em, but just didnt sit well with what i usually wear so i gave em up. wear what you want right.. unfortunately those werent..

freerun2collection.jpg

if the uppers on the grey/red were dark grey like the grey/blue models i wouldve kept.

CGM: PG 44 is where the answer to your question  is.
wink.gif

Eugenile: DOPE, Sir! I have at least three more on my list... 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

CGM: PG 44 is where the answer to your question  is.
wink.gif

The other guy said it was 30% and I assumed it was a FTL or FNL thing. I'll go check out my Sports Authority to see what colors they have.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom