||| FREE RUN+ 3 & iD ||| EXT Collection (pg43) |||

interested in how the dynamic fit straps on these feel when actually used for running. but the 2's definitely take the cake when compared to these

Is it safe to say that this year's "solar red" is this bright #$% orange we are seeing on all the new releases?

copped nonetheless

When they hit iD in a few months, they better have a good variety of midsole/outsole colors and the option to change the DF piece. If not, I'll gladly stick with the 2s...

these definately are not on par with the fr2 aesthetically.  only difference i like is the increased curvature on the back of the heel.

For iD these aren't gonna look as good as the 2s. A volt CW with black accents aren't gonna look as good as it did on the 2s

Any one know if the ALL of the production versions will have the grey free midsole?

I don't know about that one...this little peeve is on par with the green midfoot strap on the Lunar Eclipse 2's

Free Run 3iD: 3/5/12

nerd.gif

I think these are much better than most people are giving them credit for:

1. Overall shape is better. This is especially helped by the fact that the toe area of the outsole is half-colored to match the upper.  This eliminates the "elf-toe" effect of the 2's.

2. I could be wrong, but these seem more substantive overall.  The 2's are great (especially the aesthetics of the double cage area), but they are flimsy.  I know this is partly by design, but they could've benefitted from a little more substance.

3. Again, I have not held these in hand, but the heel also seems to be less concave than that of the 2's, meaning that there seems to be some sort of heel counter in the back to add a little bit of stability. 

4.  Aside from the volt DF strap on every pair, colors are solid so far, ESPECIALLY  the all yellow ones
smokin.gif
5.  Lastly, due to more slits in the outsole, the gaps between the "teeth" of the outsole seem to be narrower, improving the look from the side.

Originally Posted by mcgregor triangle

I think these are much better than most people are giving them credit for:

1. Overall shape is better. This is especially helped by the fact that the toe area of the outsole is half-colored to match the upper.  This eliminates the "elf-toe" effect of the 2's.

2. I could be wrong, but these seem more substantive overall.  The 2's are great (especially the aesthetics of the double cage area), but they are flimsy.  I know this is partly by design, but they could've benefitted from a little more substance.

3. Again, I have not held these in hand, but the heel also seems to be less concave than that of the 2's, meaning that there seems to be some sort of heel counter in the back to add a little bit of stability. 

4.  Aside from the volt DF strap on every pair, colors are solid so far, ESPECIALLY  the all yellow ones
smokin.gif
5.  Lastly, due to more slits in the outsole, the gaps between the "teeth" of the outsole seem to be narrower, improving the look from the side.

Tell me about it!
laugh.gif

2hrk21e.png

Almost all DS FR2s have the elf-effect 
ohwell.gif
. I'm glad they straighten out with more wears! 
laugh.gif

I think these look great. Then again I'm a fan of the lunar glide/lunar eclipse series, which these look like they were inspired by. So I can understand the free loyalists not liking the design theory change.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I think these look great. Then again I'm a fan of the lunar glide/lunar eclipse series, which these look like they were inspired by. So I can understand the free loyalists not liking the design theory change.
Don't get me wrong, I think the design of the 3s is nice. I actually like them better than the originals, but it's their cws (at least the catalog scans from the 1st page) that sway me away from purchasing.

Anywho... my FTL told me they'll launch sometime in February at $100...
nerd.gif

Nike made all DF pieces Volt, so they can milk us on iD 
ohwell.gif
. #smartbusinessmove 

roll.gif
I just love it when Nike Employees just lie. as ILLusRAYt said earlier that they may release in feb. I was curious and decided to chat with a nike rep. I ask when the FR3s will release he said he doesnt know and in the system there is no FR3, I showed him some pics and he said they were "fake" I just laughed and closed the chat.

^Some Nike reps are shady when it comes to sharing launch info, then again some are kind enough let you know. #bittersweet

Back
Top Bottom