Freeway to release "Freelapse" mixtape

http://www.sohh.com/2009/11/freeway_preps_special_freelapse_mixtape.html
"I'm dropping the Freelapse it's a tribute to Eminem using all of his beats," Free explained in an interview. "What happened was Em did a freestyle and he was like 'I disappeared I was hiding in Freeways beard,' so I sampled that, made it a hook, and used it for a song. After that, I came up with the idea. Eminem is a talented emcee, he's got a lot of hot beats, and another artist would probably be scared to rap to his beats because he's murdered every beat. So I felt that it was a challenge for me to try to live up to the expectation." (All Hip Hop)
I'm interested in hearing how this sounds.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

http://www.sohh.com/2009/11/freeway_preps_special_freelapse_mixtape.html
"I'm dropping the Freelapse it's a tribute to Eminem using all of his beats," Free explained in an interview. "What happened was Em did a freestyle and he was like 'I disappeared I was hiding in Freeways beard,' so I sampled that, made it a hook, and used it for a song. After that, I came up with the idea. Eminem is a talented emcee, he's got a lot of hot beats, and another artist would probably be scared to rap to his beats because he's murdered every beat. So I felt that it was a challenge for me to try to live up to the expectation." (All Hip Hop)
I'm interested in hearing how this sounds.
pimp.gif

Free.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
First time hearing that Em line.

I was scared he was gonna rap on Relapse beats. This should be good.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif

He is.
Nothing but Relapse beats?
"After that, I came up with the idea. Eminem is a talented emcee, he's got a lot of hot beats, and another artist would probably be scared to rap to his beats because he's murdered every beat. So I felt that it was a challenge for me to try to live up to the expectation."
This doesn't make me think that. There weren't a lot of hot beats on Relapse.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Master Zik wrote:

laugh.gif

He is.
Nothing but Relapse beats?
"After that, I came up with the idea. Eminem is a talented emcee, he's
got a lot of hot beats, and another artist would probably be scared to
rap to his beats because he's murdered every beat. So I felt that it
was a challenge for me to try to live up to the expectation."
This doesn't make me think that. There weren't a lot of hot beats on Relapse.

indifferent.gif

Relapse beats were
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Its just the accent that killed it.

But Ems lyrics, rhyme scheme, and flow was above what anybody is putting out today..

Nah the beats on Relapse weren't really that hot. I got over the voice awhile ago. The beats weren't amazing overall, couple gems and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom