Frog Without Lungs Found in Indonesia

Originally Posted by bonde111

Wow, pretty sweet find. Amazing what animals can do to adapt to it's surroundings. I wonder what else is out there??

The frog is cool and all, but until they discover a unicorn and sasquatch, I don't really care.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by bonde111

Wow, pretty sweet find. Amazing what animals can do to adapt to it's surroundings. I wonder what else is out there??

The frog is cool and all, but until they discover a unicorn and sasquatch, I don't really care.

And yet.....you clicked the thread.....

Originally Posted by Ross Is Here

Sweet more pokemans to catch

2ymcbk0.jpg
gotta catch em allllll!

The ecological adaption of species to their environment is one of the most mind boggling and awesome responses of life to biotic and abiotic factors.What's sad is remarkable creatures, like this frog particularly, are losing habitat rapidly as amphibians are especially sensitive to climate change andair/water pollution.

Because frogs are such sensitive harbingers of pollution and other environmental damage, they are generally the first species to go extinct in a region, andthe world is rapidly losing its frogs. In South America the golden frog, which has evolved extra large hands as they wave to one another rather than croak dueto a waterfall enviornment, is the most recent extinction. Thousands of other frog species are threatened, and many have gone extinct, due to invasive fungi inLatin America and sediment/toxic pollution in the Amazon and other waterways frogs use for habitat.

While cases like this lungless frog make headlines, what should be more in focus is the potential that we will not be able to discover rare, and possiblybeneficial to science, frogs in a future where pollution and climate change have run rampant.

Back
Top Bottom