FRUITVALE STATION starring Michael B. Jordan -- The Life of Oscar Grant

Daughter asking where her dad was at got me :frown:

I have a daughter and my biggest fear is not seeing her grow up...******g sad

I think the fight scene was put into the story for continuity sake, in a lot of movies "BOATS," they add in a lot of events to make it more entertaining.

If that is the case then what was the real reason he and his boys were held by the BART POLICE? I thought it funny that they all happened to be on the same train, but didn't read too much into it.

If that is the case then what was the real reason he and his boys were held by the BART POLICE? I thought it funny that they all happened to be on the same train, but didn't read too much into it.

I was watching a podcast with Michael b. Jordan and bill Simmons. He said 99.9 percent of the movies events were true. The only scene that was added in was the pit bull scene.

If that is true then no good deed goes unpunished :smh:. I know it was New Years, but damn what are the odds of seeing a random woman you helped in a store early in the day on the same damn train car as you along with a rival crew.

Just watched this movie and even knowing the outcome I legit cried like no other. The feels are real right now. The shower scene had me balling. It's sad because dude was trying to make a change, seemed like a really good dude at heart, and got caught up in some ********.

The fact that the cop only did 11 months is absurd, and as a black man these type of events always make me question our value in America. It's infuriating and disgusting.

Just watched this movie and even knowing the outcome I legit cried like no other. The feels are real right now. The shower scene had me balling. It's sad because dude was trying to make a change, seemed like a really good dude at heart, and got caught up in some ********.

The fact that the cop only did 11 months is absurd, and as a black man these type of events always make me question our value in America. It's infuriating and disgusting.
Kyrie Rocman

I've re-watched this with my dad today (he's never seen it). He mentioned how he can't believe how much the US is worse than a third world country at times because the cops are one of the most @#$@$@ dangerous groups you have to watch out for (if you're not white, of course) :smh: It's good to watch it again though cause it reminds you that this @#$@ can happen anywhere in the US, even here in the Bay Area, the most liberal and one of the most diverse places in the country. It's not just small towns in the South going through this nonsense.

Last edited:
i was headed up to superbowl city and i took the bart by myself for the first time and as i arrived at fruitvale i got the shakes.. 

Back
Top Bottom