Full Hip Hop-Related Grammy Nomination List

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

He made a complete 180 after Relapse...but somehow won a Grammy for rap album of the year...for Relapse. *shrug*

Relapse is way better than Recovery as a album. It's cohesive, it has that signature Em (Story telling, disgusting humor, good humor, serious topics), classic Dre production which he can ONLY make for Eminem.
You guys like Recovery because it's a generic album that sounds like any of your hot-at-the-moment rappers could've made. 

The only good song on Recovery was Cold Wind Blows...and Space Bound

Can't front, I love that song.
laugh.gif

But on the real, Relapse is light years ahead of Recovery.. its about as authentic as you can get to an Em album especially in the year 2009. His wordplay and classic dark flow on there is amazing. Same song and dance =
eek.gif
Medicine Ball =
sick.gif
.. As far as the Grammy stuff, they are really just throwing Ems name in album of the year bc he had two huge singles and they are gonna give him the Rap album of the year.. IMHO, ESOM should beat out LTWYL in the rap/sung collaborations.. and they really really snubbed my boy Lupe's "I'm Beamin" on the Rap Solo front.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

He made a complete 180 after Relapse...but somehow won a Grammy for rap album of the year...for Relapse. *shrug*

Relapse is way better than Recovery as a album. It's cohesive, it has that signature Em (Story telling, disgusting humor, good humor, serious topics), classic Dre production which he can ONLY make for Eminem.
You guys like Recovery because it's a generic album that sounds like any of your hot-at-the-moment rappers could've made. 

The only good song on Recovery was Cold Wind Blows...and Space Bound

Can't front, I love that song.
laugh.gif

But on the real, Relapse is light years ahead of Recovery.. its about as authentic as you can get to an Em album especially in the year 2009. His wordplay and classic dark flow on there is amazing. Same song and dance =
eek.gif
Medicine Ball =
sick.gif
.. As far as the Grammy stuff, they are really just throwing Ems name in album of the year bc he had two huge singles and they are gonna give him the Rap album of the year.. IMHO, ESOM should beat out LTWYL in the rap/sung collaborations.. and they really really snubbed my boy Lupe's "I'm Beamin" on the Rap Solo front.

Feb 1 2011 11:29 AM EST 1,061
[h1]Britney Spears' Manager Talks Grammy Rumors, Album Updates[/h1][h2]'[Britney] was NEVER performing,' Adam Leber tweeted about reports that Spears would be hitting the Grammy stage this year.[/h2]
By Jocelyn Vena (@jocelyn1212) /sitewide/images/spacer.gif

Back in early January, rumors hit the Internet that Britney Spears would be performing at the Grammy Awards. The reports were quickly debunked by her camp, but it seems that the story won't die.

According to the Bloginity website, unnamed sources claim that the singer is confirmed to open the big show, which will include performances from Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. However, Britney's manager, Adam Leber, is once again insisting that the pop singer won't be hitting the stage at the Grammys, which takes place on February 13.

He wrote on Twitter, "Need to clear something up. This Grammy rumor is just that, a rumor. @BritneySpears was NEVER performing. That said, you will be seeing her soon....."

After addressing the Grammy reports, Leber then shared some other big Britney-related news. "Keep an eye out for the album title, album cover and some sneak peeks of the ['Hold It Against Me'] video," he shared. "All coming this week....."

Lastly, Leber sent a message to fans who might be annoyed about not getting official Britney news as frequently as they would like. "PS-For those of you that are p--sed, and I mean REALLY P--SED, if I sat here all day and answered all of the rumors i'd never get anything done," he wrote.

What fans do know is that Spears' yet-untitled album is set to hit stores on March 15, and that a video for the first single, "Hold It Against Me," will be released sometime this month.

Choreographer Brian Friedman talked to MTV News last week about the clip. "I can tell you that Britney is wearing a couple of hats in this video — not literal hats, but she's playing roles in this video. That is what I can give you," he said. "In every role, she is dancing. She is going to be dancing throughout the whole video ... Dance is the focal point of this video."

Feb 1 2011 11:29 AM EST 1,061
[h1]Britney Spears' Manager Talks Grammy Rumors, Album Updates[/h1][h2]'[Britney] was NEVER performing,' Adam Leber tweeted about reports that Spears would be hitting the Grammy stage this year.[/h2]
By Jocelyn Vena (@jocelyn1212) /sitewide/images/spacer.gif

Back in early January, rumors hit the Internet that Britney Spears would be performing at the Grammy Awards. The reports were quickly debunked by her camp, but it seems that the story won't die.

According to the Bloginity website, unnamed sources claim that the singer is confirmed to open the big show, which will include performances from Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. However, Britney's manager, Adam Leber, is once again insisting that the pop singer won't be hitting the stage at the Grammys, which takes place on February 13.

He wrote on Twitter, "Need to clear something up. This Grammy rumor is just that, a rumor. @BritneySpears was NEVER performing. That said, you will be seeing her soon....."

After addressing the Grammy reports, Leber then shared some other big Britney-related news. "Keep an eye out for the album title, album cover and some sneak peeks of the ['Hold It Against Me'] video," he shared. "All coming this week....."

Lastly, Leber sent a message to fans who might be annoyed about not getting official Britney news as frequently as they would like. "PS-For those of you that are p--sed, and I mean REALLY P--SED, if I sat here all day and answered all of the rumors i'd never get anything done," he wrote.

What fans do know is that Spears' yet-untitled album is set to hit stores on March 15, and that a video for the first single, "Hold It Against Me," will be released sometime this month.

Choreographer Brian Friedman talked to MTV News last week about the clip. "I can tell you that Britney is wearing a couple of hats in this video — not literal hats, but she's playing roles in this video. That is what I can give you," he said. "In every role, she is dancing. She is going to be dancing throughout the whole video ... Dance is the focal point of this video."

Big Boi and Rawse had the two best hip hop albums of last year and no love. They dropped the ball there. And those were critically acclaimed albums. All you had to do was listen to critics on those. Its not like they were some secret or underground albums. 

Big Boi and Rawse had the two best hip hop albums of last year and no love. They dropped the ball there. And those were critically acclaimed albums. All you had to do was listen to critics on those. Its not like they were some secret or underground albums. 

ok guys. the grammys are for the most POPULAR songs albums and artists.

sure you may love sir lucious leftfoot son of chico dusty, but I did not. and so did alot of other people, hence his record sales.

Cee-loo Green (aka the Soul Machine) (and also technically a rapper turnt sanga) has a song that in comercials, all on the radio, and just a pretty catch tune.
and them dudes came from the same place.

so stop thinking "Best albums of the year" (even tho it says that) and think "most catchy/popular/song that everyone loves"

ok guys. the grammys are for the most POPULAR songs albums and artists.

sure you may love sir lucious leftfoot son of chico dusty, but I did not. and so did alot of other people, hence his record sales.

Cee-loo Green (aka the Soul Machine) (and also technically a rapper turnt sanga) has a song that in comercials, all on the radio, and just a pretty catch tune.
and them dudes came from the same place.

so stop thinking "Best albums of the year" (even tho it says that) and think "most catchy/popular/song that everyone loves"

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

It's dope that drizzy got nominated a few times. Hope he comes away with something

Thank me later is WAY better than recovery. To bad it wont win tho
tired.gif

It's dope that drizzy got nominated a few times. Hope he comes away with something

tired.gif

Feb 2 2011 9:41 AM EST
[h1]Drake And Rihanna, Cee Lo And Gwyneth Paltrow To Perform At Grammys[/h1][h2]Paltrow and Cee Lo to perform together with the Muppets during the awards ceremony.[/h2]
By Gil Kaufman

The Grammy Awards got a major bump on Wednesday (February 2), when the Recording Academy announced that Drake and Rihanna will take the stage on February 13 for a special performance during the 53rd annual awards show. It will be the Grammy-nominated duo's first live TV performance together on a night when both are up for four awards. While it's not known what song the two stars will sing, their hit collabo "What's My Name?" seems a likely choice.

Drake and Rihanna aren't the only power couple added to the already star-studded performance lineup. After hitting the studio earlier this month to track a special version of "F--- You" and singing together on "Saturday Night Live," Mr. Cee Lo Green and his new bestie, actress/singer Gwyneth Paltrow, will meet up on the Grammy stage. They will be joined by some as-yet-unnamed Muppets for a song on the broadcast.

The newly revealed performers join an already-crowded roster of big-name Grammy nominees who will hit the stage that night, including Eminem, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Arcade Fire, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert and Muse. There are also a number of other previously announced one-of-a-kind hookups in the offing, including Justin Bieber with Usher and "Karate Kid" star Jaden Smith and B.o.B with Bruno Mars and Janelle Monáe.

Among the presenters announced for the show are LL Cool J, Norah Jones, Nicki Minaj, Dierks Bentley, Selena Gomez and Blake Shelton. More performers and presenters will be announced over the next week.

Artists making their first Grammy performances this year include Bieber, B.o.B, Paltrow, Lambert, Mars, Monáe, Muse and Smith. Meanwhile, Eminem, Green, Gaga, Perry, Usher, Drake and Lady Antebellum will be making return visits for the occasion.

Eleven-time Grammy winner Eminem leads the pack in nominations this year with 10 nods. Mars is second with seven nominations, while Gaga and Lady Antebellum have six nods each. B.o.B has notched five, Perry and Green are each up for four, and Arcade Fire and Lambert are vying for three awards. Bieber, Muse, Usher and Monáe each received two Grammy nominations.

Feb 2 2011 9:41 AM EST
[h1]Drake And Rihanna, Cee Lo And Gwyneth Paltrow To Perform At Grammys[/h1][h2]Paltrow and Cee Lo to perform together with the Muppets during the awards ceremony.[/h2]
By Gil Kaufman

The Grammy Awards got a major bump on Wednesday (February 2), when the Recording Academy announced that Drake and Rihanna will take the stage on February 13 for a special performance during the 53rd annual awards show. It will be the Grammy-nominated duo's first live TV performance together on a night when both are up for four awards. While it's not known what song the two stars will sing, their hit collabo "What's My Name?" seems a likely choice.

Drake and Rihanna aren't the only power couple added to the already star-studded performance lineup. After hitting the studio earlier this month to track a special version of "F--- You" and singing together on "Saturday Night Live," Mr. Cee Lo Green and his new bestie, actress/singer Gwyneth Paltrow, will meet up on the Grammy stage. They will be joined by some as-yet-unnamed Muppets for a song on the broadcast.

The newly revealed performers join an already-crowded roster of big-name Grammy nominees who will hit the stage that night, including Eminem, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Arcade Fire, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert and Muse. There are also a number of other previously announced one-of-a-kind hookups in the offing, including Justin Bieber with Usher and "Karate Kid" star Jaden Smith and B.o.B with Bruno Mars and Janelle Monáe.

Among the presenters announced for the show are LL Cool J, Norah Jones, Nicki Minaj, Dierks Bentley, Selena Gomez and Blake Shelton. More performers and presenters will be announced over the next week.

Artists making their first Grammy performances this year include Bieber, B.o.B, Paltrow, Lambert, Mars, Monáe, Muse and Smith. Meanwhile, Eminem, Green, Gaga, Perry, Usher, Drake and Lady Antebellum will be making return visits for the occasion.

Eleven-time Grammy winner Eminem leads the pack in nominations this year with 10 nods. Mars is second with seven nominations, while Gaga and Lady Antebellum have six nods each. B.o.B has notched five, Perry and Green are each up for four, and Arcade Fire and Lambert are vying for three awards. Bieber, Muse, Usher and Monáe each received two Grammy nominations.

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

tired.gif

How I Got Over was way better then both of those
tired.gif

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

tired.gif

How I Got Over was way better then both of those
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom