Full time job + Full time commuter student

I have a friend who is a freshman in college. She has a full time job, and is a full-time student. Has her own apartment right near the school .Gets home at10Pm everynight.

This is something I would like to do next year (im a senior in HS now)...however, I don't see how it is manageable. That's crazy...15, 16 hours ofwork/school, and then home to eat/sleep/$%@!/homework..
pimp.gif

Either she has her parent paying for everything or she has roommates living with her that you dont know about, trust me it is impossible to do that.

No time to go out FTL

its managable but very hard...i have two part-time jobs and am a full time student...its hard and many days i wanna quit my jobs but you do what you gottado...really i don't have to do it but its something to keep me busy...

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Either she has her parent paying for everything or she has roommates living with her that you dont know about, trust me it is impossible to do that.

No time to go out FTL
Her dad is dead, and her mom lives in another state. She pays everything for herself. She's fam to me..I know what its like for her

i could never do something like that but like shortydoowopp said, its a recession and you gotta do what you gotta do.

i tried and couldn't do it. but i think cause i work full time graveyard and did school in the morning. and i could hardly sleep. but i think its prettymanageable if you can do it.

That's tough. I guess her social life is over except for school interactions.

JR5

Man, I could never do that. I go to school full time and work part time. Most of my expenses are covered by the GI Bill
pimp.gif

It's very doable if you don't depend on friends for happiness and are very dedicated to your studies.

I know people doing the same thing but they live at least 30+ minutes away from school not "right near". Somebody goes 3 hours each way to UF. Itstough but its worth working hard right now to be able to relax in the future.

I go to school full time and I work like 26 hours a week, and I still have alot of free time. My major isn't very intense though.Even though I work so muchI still find myself with a lot of free time.

As long as you don't feel like you need to be with your friends all the time then you would be good. If you can manage not to procrastinate on your schoolwork then its manageable. After getting off I never feel like doing my hw so I always try to finish assignments ahead of time.

Originally Posted by derventa

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

No time to go out FTL
Her dad is dead, and her mom lives in another state. She pays everything for herself. She's fam to me..I know what its like for her
It also depends where you live, whats your major and if you have a flexible schedule at work. Its really hard, not impossible but why wouldsomeone go tru all that stress when they are just starting school.

Im architect major so I guess my time is different from everyone else, I would like a quite place to work also things arent doing so good now and I dont wantto worry about paying the bills while in trying to draw floor plans
laugh.gif
but thats just my opinion

but dang OP your parents got you on smash or something

I have 13 hours of school a week and 12 hours of work. Add another couple hours to that while I'm pledging..

I respect what ya girl is doing though, miss independent thing got her own.

I've known people who worked five days a week full time and went to class two days a week with five classes full time. It's possible, but there'sreally no time for a social life and it can really be a struggle. It does pay off though.

its rough.. i used to take 16 credits and work 40 hours a week, during my sophomore and junior year... my GPA went from a 3.7 to a 3.2, and i just quit thatjob now (was retail) and working it back up to a 3.5 hopefully next semester.. only day i had free was sunday in which i did all my homework/projects/etc...

Been doin it for 3 semsters so far.. Its stressful sighs.. Start work at 6am n my day doesn't end until 7pm which is my last class.. But u gotta do whatneeds to be done

Ive been doing it for about 6 years now. Very demanding full time job from 8 - 5, full time course load from 6 - 10, get home at 11. Words cant describe howmuch I hate doin this. Only 1 more year though.

i'm actually doing that right now ...wake up 630am ..get to the office by 8am - 430pm, class 5pm - 930pm ..classes Mon-Tue-Wed-Thursday ...going back toschool after begin away from it for 10 years ...pretty much no social life ...but then again i've done alot of stuff during those 10 year out of school soits no biggie to me ..plus im getting paid to go to school ...MGIB FTW
wink.gif

I've been doing this for 3 and a half years now. The half year was working at night school at morning. It's tough but gotta do what I gotta do. I hitthe gym from 6 to 7:15 work from 8-5 and school from 7-10 home by 11 or so. Get used to it after a while.

Back
Top Bottom