FUNKO POP! VINYL THREAD (FUNTKO FACTION) STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...

Holy crap. 200 in 2 months. Geezus. I thought me going from 2 to 50 I 4 months was a lot when I first started

I went from 3 to 30ish in a couple of months after force Friday 2015 then it was downhill for 6 months or so till I leveled of and regained my composure lol currently just under 300

Depending on what it is it's not worth it since it seems funko is dropping hella numbers for exclusives. Even if you get con exclusives that wait is ridiculous.

You have to come across something that ends up being a random fire pop. It honestly unless you started hoarding stuff from 2013/2014 resell is a no go unless you're like Ron and score 3 boxloads from fundays >D

Today was a success thanks to the wifey. So glad I didn't camp in the AM. Probable numbers is they got 3k @ Dstreet and another 1k in the park.
congrats bruh! hope they got some left till sunday

Ugh they sold out tonight

Read they may have moved em to the back or not brought out anymore tonnit stay open past 11. Remember a minimum run is 3-5k or 10 in some cases. They went through probably 3500 today including the park. There may be more for the morning but no guarantees.

Read they may have moved em to the back or not brought out anymore tonnit stay open past 11. Remember a minimum run is 3-5k or 10 in some cases. They went through probably 3500 today including the park. There may be more for the morning but no guarantees.
Yeah I'm planning on heading over there tomorrow

I'm at 139
Marvel
TMNT
WWE
And a few batman

There's a few Wrestlers I still want off the new wave and I need the last Xmen wave. Just saving my money for Denver teip, might cop something at mile high while I'm there.

Best advice I can give any new "poppers" is see what's out there first and see what you really like, as the urge to buy anything and everything quickly takes over. Your $10 crack fix ends with you having pops from lines of characters you don't like. And don't get exclusive obsessed. Buying all the store exclusives with their stickers only ends up with you again having all these pops you really don't care for in your collection. It's ok to have variety but don't just buy to buy.

Definitely don't buy with the initial thought of value. Pop values are so wishy washy. And above all else, don't get fooled by the Chase fever. Chase pops aren't what they used to be so wait it out and don't succumb to early high prices.

Best advice I can give any new "poppers" is see what's out there first and see what you really like, as the urge to buy anything and everything quickly takes over. Your $10 crack fix ends with you having pops from lines of characters you don't like. And don't get exclusive obsessed. Buying all the store exclusives with their stickers only ends up with you again having all these pops you really don't care for in your collection. It's ok to have variety but don't just buy to buy.

Definitely don't buy with the initial thought of value. Pop values are so wishy washy. And above all else, don't get fooled by the Chase fever. Chase pops aren't what they used to be so wait it out and don't succumb to early high prices.

I took your advice awhile ago and my wallet thanks you. I just focus on characters and pops I lile.

been in the pop game for a few months and managed to only have a collection of 28.

My rules I set for myself are
1. Wait for the regular/general release pops to go down in price. I know most of those $10 pops will eventually hit the $5 section at Gamestop.
2. Only buy Pops in person. There's a lot of deals to be found on Ebay, but those online deals will have you spending more money than buying in person.
I also tend to stick with Pop buying at Gamestop because of their reward system. Only other places I have with Pops are Walgreens & Walmart. Hate going to them because they barely have anything and they usually keep everything at regular price. Matter of fact, I have a $5 coupon to use at Gamestop right now. Might head that way in a few minutes to see if they still have those older Game of Thrones Pops for $5.

They keep coming out with damn Batmans that's what's killing me :lol:
Batman is in my top 5 heroes, but even I get tired of seeing him on shelves lol. I wouldn't be mad if I never saw another Batman or Deadpool Pop....
Knightmare Batman will be the only Batman Pop in my collection. (Well I might add young Bruce from the Gotham tv show, but that's it)

My favorite pop is my King Joffrey

Everything else is expendable

This pop is sick for sure. I've been looking for one under $20. I like renly a little bit more than jof for some reason but ain't gonna cop one of those for a MINUTE

So much good advice in here. I'd like to add on a little bit:
1) It's already been said, but only buy what you personally like. Just because something has an exclusive sticker or seems like it may be 'rare' doesn't always work out. Trust me, I've made this mistake and had to cut my losses on a few Pops. Of course if you can snag a chase for MSRP or event Pops, by all means, do it... but that Walgreens Shawn Michaels ain't gonna make you the next Bill Gates.
2) Don't pay more than MSRP on new Pops. While it's cool to be the first guy in your FB group to post pictures of a haul, it's also ridiculous that some people buy commons for $20+. Don't do it. Wait for HT sales (3 for $30) and sign up for newsletters to get coupons.
3) This is just a personal opinion of mine: Don't buy "pre-order" bundles from online stores. There are a million online stores now and they oversell like mad, forcing people to wait 4-6 months for common bundles that you *maybe* saved $5-10 on as a whole. Enjoy the hunt. If you want a set, go find 'em!
4) DO NOT BUY INTO THE INITIAL HYPE OF A POP. Very rarely have I seen it pay off. Chrome Bats might be the first one that you could have pre-ordered on eBay for $90-150 and actually come out on top. Almost all of the Freddy Funkos from Fundays have already dropped a ton. Same goes for SDCC exclusives, the snowman, etc. If you really want something, do you, but just know... history shows us otherwise. Show some restraint and track prices. Use FB, IG, and the Bay.
5) Join groups, make friends, and help each other out. Some parts of the country get stuff easier. Walgreens in Oregon BLOWS so I'm always asking my EC/South homies for help. In return, I hook them up with HT exclusives and other things they have a harder time getting. It's fun and feels good to help a fellow collector out.

This pop is sick for sure. I've been looking for one under $20. I like renly a little bit more than jof for some reason but ain't gonna cop one of those for a MINUTE

I got it for $15 from that fatkiddeals account on twitter. He's my favorite character on Thrones by far lol

I really didnt think much of it as first. I kinda asked him if there was a joffrey one bc he was posting all the others from the series. And that sorta started my liking to the pops.

Need a Euron x Balmain collab pop next :lol:

Walked into my local GameStop and grabbed two more to bring my total to 30 Pops.

Was looking for JL Cyborg & Flash but they only had Super, Aqua & Bats. Walked away with these two.
Love Jessica Jones and felt like it was time to add her to the collection since I already have her bae, Luke Cage.
IMG_5943.JPG
Also grabbed my 1st & only Deadpool. Felt it was the right time since I'm about to watch his movie for the first time & read his Max Comics TPBs for the 1st time.
IMG_5944.JPG

Also grabbed a list of the upcoming Pops my GS plans to get in the near future. Will post if anybody wants to take a look at the list.

Back
Top Bottom