Funniest Tumblr Page You Follow Vol. Ghetto Hikes

Someone showed this to me today. 
http://ghettohikes.tumblr.com/

I'm 28. I have a full time job leading urban kids on nature hikes. I simply write down the $#&% they say.

scaled.php

tumblr_lximnwIkPZ1r9jpslo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lximnkfXpi1r9jpslo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lxjni6wL8f1r9jpslo1_500.jpg

There, it's mostly text based though so there aren't that many images to beging with.

1. I expected pictures.

2. I can tell by the name what "type" of person(s) are running this page.

3. None of the quotes are funny. But again, #2 isn't usually exposed to these "types" people people so they of course would find it amusing.
Originally Posted by Snapple Apple

This is exactly why we need more people of color in education/in positions of influence of "urban" youth. You got these condescending "others" coming from whatever segregated community they live in and openly mocking "urban" youth instead of teaching and mentoring them.
Bam!

If I can find out how to report this person I would.

This is exactly why we need more people of color in education/in positions of influence of "urban" youth. You got these condescending "others" coming from whatever segregated community they live in and openly mocking "urban" youth instead of teaching and mentoring them.

This. And that tumblr isn't funny. 
alien.gif

I don't have a tumblr, but I occsionally read posts from textsfrombennet or whatever.
Fake or not, some of the things said are hilarious

Originally Posted by RetroSan

It's a minstrel show in text form and without the black face.
Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

OP, you have a piss poor sense of humor

As far as I'm concerned I applaud him for taking kids on hikes, but not exploiting them for their understanding of English.

Urban slang is still english as much as NY accents or New Orleans drawl.

According to the British, you all speak horrible english. Just keep that in perspective. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

1. I expected pictures.

2. I can tell by the name what "type" of person(s) are running this page.

3. None of the quotes are funny. But again, #2 isn't usually exposed to these "types" people people so they of course would find it amusing.

Bam!

If I can find out how to report this person I would.

x2

Everything that's needed to be said has been said. I wish a mod would lock this if only to keep from bumping this idiots page hits.

If you think this is funny, you're probably the type that thinks The Cleveland Show is funny.

You guys, honestly....Here on NT I see much worse fun-poking towards any other groups/races/celebs etc, but when it comes down to "ghetto kids" you guys are all of a sudden insulted and it's a great crime
eyes.gif

It's the interwebz; chuckle (because it is funny and actually kind of heartwarming), take it with a grain of salt and move on. Like someone else said at least the dude is taking these kids on hkes (if it's not totally made up that is) and he's not putting them on blast by mentioning their full names or anything. No harm no foul.
Ugh the hypocrisy of some of you guys
30t6p3b.gif

I'm not sure which is worse. The condescending manner of the Tumblr, or the fact that everyone has already associated the quotes with young black kids.

he says "of all races". dude dedicates most of time and energy to not so fortunate children and is gettin hated on? wth

Originally Posted by lexflex81

You guys, honestly....Here on NT I see much worse fun-poking towards any other groups/races/celebs etc, but when it comes down to "ghetto kids" you guys are all of a sudden insulted and it's a great crime
eyes.gif

It's the interwebz; chuckle (because it is funny and actually kind of heartwarming), take it with a grain of salt and move on. Like someone else said at least the dude is taking these kids on hkes (if it's not totally made up that is) and he's not putting them on blast by mentioning their full names or anything. No harm no foul.
Ugh the hypocrisy of some of you guys
30t6p3b.gif
Oh yea I forgot when you do someone a "favor" it is cool/ok to slightly insult them. You are telling us to laugh but we don't find it funny. So what if you have seen worse, this is still out of line.
I reported the page to Tumblr Officials.

Waiting for confirmation email.

Back
Top Bottom