Future of the game?!?!!

Will you continue to buy retro J's once they hit $200?... (people with their own money they work for only please)

• Yes I will pay anything

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No enough is enough

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Nike!! Pleeeease listen?!?!? Being a true sneakerhead enthusiast since 1989 buying hundreds of pairs and thusands of dollars  of Nike/Jordan brand product. Let me say YOU ARE slowly losing your customer base appealing and catering to a trend fly by night hype temporary culture of sneaker "wangsters" continuing to raise the prices you are gaining a market share that will come and go and is not loyal!!! My friends true sneakerheads that have been in the game for yeeeears are dropping off everyday!! NOT due to age, its allll the same reasons, price, inferior quality. WE feel you are catering to this new found demographic that will be on to the next trend within a couple years while turning your back on the ones that got you here!  Trust me when I tell you from someone who has seen and watched from the sidelines since the beginning of the crazes inception there is one group that will hold on with you and if you aren't careful you will never get us back. I am not saying its just the old OG guys, its even the newcomers that have a true appreciation that look down on the Jersey Shore, faragamo belt stunna shade or whatever new trend it is that the Corps seem to be only interested in.  With the prices continually going up I hear daily people that are out.  Hey execs could you imagine $100-$150 for retros with higher availability and above average quality?!?! I truly believe in the long run you would see huge CONTINUOUS profits for years to come! I smell the demise of the sneaker game, I see it being pushed into a total underground culture where anything that's new is considered WHACK HYPE, and only dealing in OGs etc is accepted. ITS HAPPENING already!!! Good luck with your current business plan BUT I can say I have seen this approach before and it doesn't end well.

I will give you an example. This reminds me of baseball cards!! At it speak auditoriums were full of people wheeling and dealing, collectors, shops and retailers on every corner.  Business went south FAST, over hype, price , production, saturation, continued transparent gimmicks! sure smells familiar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom