FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

To you guys, is exploitation the same as glorification? I think there's a difference and IMO, Paperboi is somewhere in the middle.

plot twist: paperboi took belindas kid to atl and not philly to pursue his rappin career :wow:

To you guys, is exploitation the same as glorification? I think there's a difference and IMO, Paperboi is somewhere in the middle.

To me its a yes and a no. Yes, because obviously when you glorify the bad going on in order to sell records or make yourself more popular that is exploitation. Thats why gossip sites are so popular today. They get their viewership on the pain and the hurt of others, but it some cases especially when hiphop first started it was a was to bring light to situations and environments most of America didnt know or didnt care to know existed.

Last edited:
If a chick is having you spend $100+ on food and drinks and she's not your girl, you a sucka and she knows it. I pray you got some action that night.
earn picked the place..

but to my point, you invite a girl out to a nice restaurant (with the presumption you're going to pay).. main course is going to be at least $20ish probably more realistically looking at $30ish each (so x2), if you have an appetizer that's at least $10 (possibly x2 depending on you) and then if there is desert or after dinner coffee or something you're looking at another say at least 7-8ish (went lower since I said coffee, again possibly x2)

then if you decide to get sparkling water or the non-free water (so say $5ish on that)

and as once you starting adding in drinks you're looking at least $5-$10 each ESPECIALLY if you're getting some fancy specialty drink or martini or something

me personally, I drink rum straight or have a scotch for a after dinner drink.. you're looking at around $20 per for decent rum or scotch 

then you add in tax and tip to all of the above

also valet fees should be a consideration and/or parking depending where you are

Last edited:
Overall, just grab drinks to feel out the situation.

Never really understood dinners on first dates. Even worse is when the check comes, she doesn't offer to pay (even if you're paying for it).

Last edited:

Overall, just grab drinks to feel out the situation.

Never really understood dinners on first dates. Even worse is when the check comes, she doesn't offer to pay (even if you're paying for it).
yup.. obviously don't go to a packed bar or anything.. but just find like a quietly chill lounge or something.. got music but not loud or anything so at least you can hear each other during the convo.. there is stuff going on to district or talk about if there is pauses or anything

I get going for dinner after a couple dates or whatever down the line once you're gotten to know the person a lil bit..

but if you go to dinner right away things can get a lil awkward quick

Sparkling water? What kind of sucka **** is that?

And those are all choices you made. That isn't even an average case. Poster said he's was trying to keep it casual with some "shorty". That's not an appetizer, main course, desert and after dinner coffee type of date. That's going to a regular restaurant, ordering a pasta bowl or street tacos (under $15) and a margarita ($8 ). That no more than $65 after tax and tip.

Last edited:
i think this is the subpoint

darius cant "protect the babies" at the mere possibility or expense that this white mans kid be exposed to offending him by showing him the reality of the situation for darius

This episode was funny as hell

Was dying at black bebeir/chris brown dynamic

Got a whole new outlook on the "I'm sorry" song

Self hating security dude :smh: see stuff like that everyday

Gotta love the shooting range scene as well. Black/brown sticking together :pimp:

Probably my second favorite episode outside of the premier

Self hating security dude
mean.gif
see stuff like that everyday

Don't forget about the guy who interrupted Paper Boi while he was spittin' game at ol girl. Ol Damon Wayans lookin' a** *****

Gotta love the shooting range scene as well. Black/brown sticking together :pimp:

All of this but especially the enlarged. I legit was smiling hard as hell when the "Mexicans" (those dudes were def middle Eastern :lol:) stepped up.

All of this but especially the enlarged. I legit was smiling hard as hell when the "Mexicans" (those dudes were def middle Eastern :lol:) stepped up.
I don't think they ever said they were Mexican. They just said he was shooting at a Mexican target. They were clearly middle eastern

Glad I ain't the only one that noticed that. Everybody jumped to them being Mexicans.

Going off what they said after defending him I was like I ain't sure they Mexican :lol:

Sparkling water? What kind of sucka **** is that?
carbonated water.. Perrier.. san Pellegrino are both common ones
And those are all choices you made.
going on a dinner date is a choice as well
 That isn't even an average case.
well that depends on your definition of average.. and I'm using the "average" example that was used on the show (restaurants that seem similar to the place earn took his baby mama)
That's going to a regular restaurant
what exactly is a regular restaurant?

because from my personal experience (and having a number of family members and/or close friends who either own restaurants, run a restaurant, own a bar, work in bars or have worked in bars and/or are head chefs at restaurants) what I gave above is what you can expect from the sort of place that was shown on the show

Naw that's too deep ...they was literally just spoofing Bieber from the past couple years ...remember he was wdin, getting arrested n hanging out with rappers n **** a couple years ago ...then recently he went back to trying to be the "good " beiber, apologized for his behavior n even did that Comedy Central roast
Well, yeah, that's all true. That's what those scenes were about on the surface. Why can't a show get deep? Mutha*****s loved The Wire and that show was deep and had a lot of subtleties to it. To me, the point I was making wasn't that deep to begin with. It was obvious.

For a 1/2 second I had a thought that Darius wasn't real (like the Muslim guy on the bus.) Had an idea that he was like Tyler Durden and he's the subconscious of either Earn or Paperboi. :lol:

:nerd:

jk...kinda.

This show :rofl:

When he said there's Justin Bieber I was lookin for a white kid then a few seconds later it clicked :rofl:

The gun range scene is real :smh:

The random cameos :lol: :smh:

The security guard :smh:

The basketball scenes :rofl:

Now THAT was a good episode.

Y'all were gassing mediocrity for 4 weeks. I'm schleep though :lol:.

I was done when paperboy shot that 2 handed layup :lol:. The actor that played him must've never played basketball a day in his life

Too easy

Back
Top Bottom