G.o.D. Jewels - 'Glimpse of Destiny' - Download link on Pg. 1

Tape is dope.  Sonically, this is on a different level from his other projects and yes, the sound is different.  But do you really want the same thing over and over again?  I don't.  I welcome experimentation and artists branching out from their "comfort zone".  Jewels & Hero did that here and it works for the most part.

I'm not 100% in love w/ the autotune on LeGone James and Dubai.  Scratch that----on Dubai it works GREAT on the second half of the track.  But I still don't love the first half of the song.  Just not my steez, but it doesn't mean that its awful.  

As far as bars, they're there---not sure what you dudes who are asking for spittin' are listening to.  Yeah, they're presented to you surrounded by production that you're not used to.  But the lyrics are there.  

Honestly, doing a project like this makes perfect sense to me.  Jewels' prior projects have without a doubt been good, IMO.  And they've also been highly slept on.  This tape kind of stands out from everyone else out there--it'll garner more attention because it IS different.  From the packaging to the production, this is a little different from what most other up-and-coming rap dudes are doing right now.  It feels polished because from what I can see, it looks like this was well thought out from the standpoint of presenting a total package.  

I can see why people wouldn't like this if they're fans of dude's other work.  I can see how this would feel like a more commercial sounding album, but I think that was kinda the point?  Jewels could've kept doing the same thing and kept flying just under the radar, or he could branch out and make bigger waves than he did with All Things 'Go.  Personally, I think this will do that.  And I don't feel like he sacrificed artistic integrity (a.k.a. sold out) because this project doesn't feel forced.  It just has a different, more current vibe than his other stuff.  

I forgot to say Hero George did his thing on this tape. I wouldn't mind just listening to the instrumentals.  Amazing work.

laugh.gif
 @ the line about Chandler

"I'm Tryna get on and cop a custom model bc ok good with the Mic (Mike) I am Cus D'Amato
displaying my fitness, you playing with pigeons and wonder why you boxed in, the **** I say is vicious.
Damn, I must be autistic, bc on thee autistic can be this got damn artistic, Do You See My Awesome Vision?!?!"

- [emoji]169[/emoji] G.o,D Jewels "Dubai"

Wasn't feeling the song posted in OP but his projects never disappoint can't wait to check this out.

Tape is dope.  Sonically, this is on a different level from his other projects and yes, the sound is different.  But do you really want the same thing over and over again?  I don't.  I welcome experimentation and artists branching out from their "comfort zone".  Jewels & Hero did that here and it works for the most part.

I'm not 100% in love w/ the autotune on LeGone James and Dubai.  Scratch that----on Dubai it works GREAT on the second half of the track.  But I still don't love the first half of the song.  Just not my steez, but it doesn't mean that its awful.  

As far as bars, they're there---not sure what you dudes who are asking for spittin' are listening to.  Yeah, they're presented to you surrounded by production that you're not used to.  But the lyrics are there.  

Honestly, doing a project like this makes perfect sense to me.  Jewels' prior projects have without a doubt been good, IMO.  And they've also been highly slept on.  This tape kind of stands out from everyone else out there--it'll garner more attention because it IS different.  From the packaging to the production, this is a little different from what most other up-and-coming rap dudes are doing right now.  It feels polished because from what I can see, it looks like this was well thought out from the standpoint of presenting a total package.  

I can see why people wouldn't like this if they're fans of dude's other work.  I can see how this would feel like a more commercial sounding album, but I think that was kinda the point?  Jewels could've kept doing the same thing and kept flying just under the radar, or he could branch out and make bigger waves than he did with All Things 'Go.  Personally, I think this will do that.  And I don't feel like he sacrificed artistic integrity (a.k.a. sold out) because this project doesn't feel forced.  It just has a different, more current vibe than his other stuff.  

This is closest to the actual thought process that went into the album I've seen yet. Not exact, but it's the closest.

Trust when I say EVERYTHING on this album was deliberate.

Glimpse was composed like a movie. There's even a story arch, which no one has seemed to catch yet. Films that gain critical praise along with comercial success walk a fine line. That's the line that Jewels and Hero attempted to walk on this album, and they did so without compromising their artistic integrity.

As far as wanting more bars? Refer to the track H8... Trying to please a core group or live and die by one style is a good way to stay stagnant. It's all about growth.

Anyways, that's all I gotta say about that. :lol:

About to peep. Loved GOD. Going in with a open mind tho based on the last few posts

This is closest to the actual thought process that went into the album I've seen yet. Not exact, but it's the closest.

Trust when I say EVERYTHING on this album was deliberate.

Glimpse was composed like a movie. There's even a story arch, which no one has seemed to catch yet. Films that gain critical praise along with comercial success walk a fine line. That's the line that Jewels and Hero attempted to walk on this album, and they did so without compromising their artistic integrity.

As far as wanting more bars? Refer to the track H8... Trying to please a core group or live and die by one style is a good way to stay stagnant. It's all about growth.

Anyways, that's all I gotta say about that. :lol:

Yes... If you do catch it the entire tape turns into an entirely different listening experience.

Its actually VERY VERY COLD. :pimp:

Any body else catch that "Go On Dreaming" at the end of h8? Next project title? :nerd:

Caught that as well.

Agree w/ the thoughts in here that this is a totally different sound that we are "used to" hearing from him. Honestly, the first run through of it, I was caught off guard and didn't really see what he and HG were going for. It sounded all over the place. But after I ran through it again and actually sat down and digested it, it finally clicked, at least sonically.

Good tape... I can see the direction he's going towards, but I can't even be mad. LeGone James, Dubai, & H8 were my favorite cuts :smokin

"I wanna kick it in Dubai....." :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

This N is too COLD... :x

Last edited:
The underlying story has to be an amazing one, with too much depth for me to see. Not that I could really catch it anyway, this tape makes me cringe, just straight up hard to listen to. Still **** with Jewels heavy though, guess this just aint my lane

Back
Top Bottom