Game 4: Nuggets @ Mavs Vol. Delay The Inevitable...

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

donfratrachelli wrote:

Yall still *****ing? Did you see the whistles Dirk got in the post against Melo, who was stripping the ball clean everytime and the super late one against
Martin?
laugh.gif
Who is *****ing? My God you're sensitive, butt hurt,
somethin... I swear to God...

Why don't you go back through this thread and check and see what people said about all them fouls... Pull your head out your @%!...

of course i figured dallas fans would start complaining about the call with melo and wright.
Again, who is complaining? Simply stating he did make contact with his face...

Yeah, maybe it should have been a double T, but Melo technically should have been tossed for swinging and making contact above the head...

He wasn't, and it doesn't bother me, but it's just another example of NBA officials being inconsistent with different things across games and
series...
i think i saw the same replay in high definition as everybody else and he didn't make any contact. it was a push to get dude off him. you're trippin' if you think he was swinging at his head. you're looking for what's not there because you're still caught up on the call from the last game. that's what it seems like, anyway. but he didn't hit him in the face. the guys calling the game said he didn't make contact, the refs looked at it closely for a couple minutes, and they concluded he didn't make contact... what more do you want? he didn't make contact. if anything, wright was instigating, but neither deserved a flagrant for what happened. refs only messed up by not calling the double t.

nope your wrong, did you not see the waves on Wrights cheek?

capt.10d9d966db8c4a22a73e5eb9239672c3.nuggets_mavericks_basketball_dna111.jpg

nah that was the waves on your tv, I think you need another tin foil ball on your antenna.

if my tv used an antenna, then I wouldnt of been able to see the game dumb

nice pic, shows NO CONTACT. just missed his face, and it wasn't a strike at his face to begin with. any contact would have been inadvertent as he waspushing the kid off him, not trying to punch him.

nah that was the waves on your tv, I think you need another tin foil ball on your antenna.

if my tv used an antenna, then I wouldnt of been able to see the game dumb !*+*
i'm starting to think you didn't see the game. and you better watch the name calling, they don't play with that here on NT. youshould know better...

Not neccessarily, If it was on local TV (UPN 21 -- or whatever they call it today) then you could tech be using an antenna to watchit...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MHT214

marionthebarberian wrote:

denverairforce wrote:

Not neccessarily, If it was on local TV (UPN 21 -- or whatever they call it today) then you could tech be using an antenna to watch it...
grin.gif

they only show the first round, all the rest of the rounds are cable tv except the finals.

Worst officiating ever.

8afc6215c0dde33bff2b8c5a907f7f41-getty-86317094ge014_nuggets_mavs.jpg

Poor Lady, getting beer thrown at her...that aint right...
b1ec096e8bfa795600ca3d450fdbd049-getty-86317094ge006_nuggets_mavs.jpg

And he needs to chill:

3238ea5159f52651f7a2d82118eface8-getty-86317094ge007_nuggets_mavs.jpg

i agree the officiating was excessive. i think the overreaction with the officiating is this crap about "keeping the game under control" which is definitely some bs.. these are men, let them play the game. if something happens it happens, but don't ruin the game by blowing the whistle every thirty seconds because you think somebody's gonna start a fight. it ain't like that, these cats just play with emotion. officials really showed no respect at all in that regard. it really has been terrible all playoffs so far. no argument from me there. now the game has to be about how you use this type of officiating to your advantage. the next level! lol.
I'm with you... Let the dudes play basketball... There were 61 fouls called in Game 3, and another 58 tonight...

The refs are absolutely killing the flow of these games...

Ain't been anything in this series that I looked at as being dirty or going at dudes with malicious intent... Most everything has been hard foul, no layuptype situations, and the officials are trying too hard to keep an incident from happening...

They're calling ticky tac crap on both ends, and they're being waaaaay too uptight with hard fouls and quick T's... NBA needs to get back to the80s and 90s where players policed themselves and flagrants were only whistled in the most serious of situations...

Originally Posted by MHT214

denverairforce wrote:

Not neccessarily, If it was on local TV (UPN 21 -- or whatever they call it today) then you could tech be using an antenna to watch it...
grin.gif

they only show the first round, all the rest of the rounds are cable tv except the finals.

coo....man i remember those days when they would do all the rounds....

Just got back from the game. Get to go to Denver now for game 5! They are going to hate us Mavs fans haha.

Did Birdman have Bird Flu?

Just watched the replay of the game, the foul called on K-Mart when challenging Dirk's last shot was the correct call. During the live game I questionedit; looked like a good contest with a late whistle after an air ball.

Martin definitely got some of Dirk's right elbow/forearm when he was releasing the ball, causing Dirk to not fully extend and air ball his shot. It was afoul... but why the wait on the call?

[h2]An Apology to Kenyon Martin's Mom[/h2]
May 12th 2009 1:34AM

It started as a smart %@# comment that I know that no one heard. How do I know, because there was a reporter right there next to me, as well as other people who saw the whole thing and didnt hear a word of it.

But at this point, that has become irrelevant. It doesnt matter why I said it. I shouldn't have said anything. Now, the reality is that this has gotten out of hand.

When tempers and such start impacting the fan experience both in Dallas and Denver, and it requires special security, thats not what I want for Mavs or Nuggets fans. No one takes more abuse and gets more threats on the road than I do. So I know exactly how it feels. I've also had my family and friends spit on at games in this series. So I know how unpleasant that is as well. It's a dirty secret that all arenas need to do a better job of protection for visiting team fans, particularly during the playoffs.

So at this point I would like to apologize to you and your mom KMart for my comment. I should have not said anything and I was wrong. Hopefully you will accept the apology and we can move on.

When the series comes back to Dallas, your family, and the family of other Nuggets players are welcome to stay in my suite, with my family. Its amazing how tempers mellow when real people talk to each other and realize that its still just a game.

If that isn't acceptable, I'm happy to provide a suite, free of charge to them as well and place whatever security is needed to make them feel comfortable.

We tried to have enough additional security for them tonight as well, but I know your family and friends didn't feel as comfortable as they should. I apologize for that as well. This arena is my responsibility, we could and should do a better job.

So if we can put this behind us, I will make sure when the series comes back to Dallas, your family and friends, and that of your teammates are very comfortable at our Arena.

Then I hope we both take the advice of your coach and can get together this summer. Dinner for you and your family is on me.

If Dallas lost he would have lost the game he wouldn't have posted this
eyes.gif

The only way Denver is going back to TX is if Rockets beat LA

while denvers still going to win the series mainly because i don't see dallas winning in denver: most likely in 5 games at that, this is a bad loss in myopinion for denver.

when you have a team on the verge of elimination like they did last night, you rip the other teams heart out and eat it in front of their bench.

now they have to play a game they shouldn't be playing in which anything can happen/ one of their main players can get hurt or ejected in the game and nextthing you know their going back to dallas to play another game they shouldn't be playing.

also while like i said i don't see dallas winning in denver i'm sure dallas is thinking they were one missed call away from this series being tied andbeing anyones series, i think dallas will come out strong wednesday but i see them tiring out late in the game

to say denver can't close a series out would be a reach because they did it with ease against the hornets but last nights game was a game denver shouldhave won.

haha, good luck with that. and to the guy saying that it was a bad game for Denver, I completely disagree. you're giving the Mavs no credit. they are,believe it or not, a decent team. they have the ability to go off, as evidenced last night. Dirk could not be stopped, even with solid defense being played onhim. the Mavs played like they wanted the win last night. however, the Nuggets played a good game too, and without one of their main bench guys and teamdefenders. and it was on the road. don't blow the Nuggets' success out of proportion, we are an NBA team like any other team and anybody can lose onany given night (see: Lakers Rockets game 4). I also have to give credit to Barea cuz that guy was cuttin' up the defense in the lane all night. they needto get a body in front of dude. he was going to the hole all night with ease. otherwise, defense was good, offense was good, Dallas' was just better lastnight. that's all there is to it.

haha, good luck with that. and to the guy saying that it was a bad game for Denver, I completely disagree. you're giving the Mavs no credit. they are, believe it or not, a decent team. they have the ability to go off, as evidenced last night. Dirk could not be stopped, even with solid defense being played on him. the Mavs played like they wanted the win last night. however, the Nuggets played a good game too, and without one of their main bench guys and team defenders. and it was on the road. don't blow the Nuggets' success out of proportion, we are an NBA team like any other team and anybody can lose on any given night (see: Lakers Rockets game 4). I also have to give credit to Barea cuz that guy was cuttin' up the defense in the lane all night. they need to get a body in front of dude. he was going to the hole all night with ease. otherwise, defense was good, offense was good, Dallas' was just better last night. that's all there is to it.

It's a bad game because its a game they should have won and had numerous chances to win. Like I said when you have a chance to close a team out you wannado it right there not to allow the possiblity of anything out of this world to happen. When I was saying bad game, I wasn't talking about how the teamplayed because Denver played decent yesterday. I mean it's a bad game because it's a game they should have won but didn't

Had they got blown out it's easier to say F it forget about it and focus on the next game but when you blow chances in the game you tend to thinkabout it more.

regardless, as much as the sweep woulda pushed the swagger up to a hundred thousand trill., losing will end up being a blessing in disguise so there's notsuch a long lay off between the win and the Western Conference Finals. Had we won last night, we'd be looking at not playing until this weekend minimum.

we good.

Back
Top Bottom