Gary Payton interview in new issue of SLAM

A must read for GP/Sonics fans... Here's a teaser,the last thing the Glove says in the interview is "...I bleed green and gold..."

Go cop that new SLAM!!!

I cant remember the last time I bought SLAM....and I used to be a faithful reader.
I might give it a shot

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I cant remember the last time I bought SLAM....
seriously.
laugh.gif

i'll get this one simply for the GP read tho.
pimp.gif

thnx for the heads up thread starter guy.

Originally Posted by FRANChISe206

seriously.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Nah don't thank me just cop that SLAM with the GP interview. We owe it to ourselves as a city to support any sport team and continue showinglove to people/players that represented us well.

GP was THAT guy for a while and got traded even though he didn't really want to leave.
Griffey was THAT guy for a while and got traded even thought he didn't really want to leave.

Billionaires may legally own the teams, but they're OUR teams and OUR players no matter what.

We keep showing love like that to teams/players and we'll get it back.
GP didn't have to say he still has love for us and "bleeds Green and Gold"
Griffey didn't have to say that he's going to retire a Mariner, but they both did.
And that's love coming back.

Support our teams dammit....go watch at least one Sounders game a season even if Soccer sucks.

Griffey definitely made it clear he didn't want to stay in Seattle when he went to the Reds.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Griffey definitely made it clear he didn't want to stay in Seattle when he went to the Reds.

Put yourself in his shoes at that time. He's won MVP...he's been tearing it up until that point hitting 40+ HR's in many seasons...and they decideto go with A-Rod as their future...who leaves for more money to play in Texas after the 2000 season.

And then throw in the fact that the Kid had the chance to play with HIS dad in HIS hometown.
Under those circumstances, who wouldn't leave?
It's not like he left saying "F**k Seattle"

Oh yeah...and Seattle decides to build a "Pitcher's Park" when blueprinting Safeco Field.
So in the end...Seattle, or the Mariners owners, made it clear they didn't see Griffey in their near future.

slam sucks, the articles are short and doesnt introduce anything new.... every other page is an ad.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

seriously.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Nah don't thank me just cop that SLAM with the GP interview. We owe it to ourselves as a city to support any sport team and continue showing love to people/players that represented us well.

GP was THAT guy for a while and got traded even though he didn't really want to leave.
Griffey was THAT guy for a while and got traded even thought he didn't really want to leave.

Billionaires may legally own the teams, but they're OUR teams and OUR players no matter what.

Griffey didn't have to say that he's going to retire a Mariner, but they both did.

Support our teams dammit....go watch at least one Sounders game a season even if Soccer sucks.

are you serious I love Griffey as much as anyone, but he slit our throats on the way out. He demanded to be traded, and limited our trade options severelywhich then meant we would get nada for him too. So he dropped a deuce on us and went off to Cinci.

Originally Posted by BIG FAME ONE

Originally Posted by DsLee559

seriously.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Nah don't thank me just cop that SLAM with the GP interview. We owe it to ourselves as a city to support any sport team and continue showing love to people/players that represented us well.

are you serious I love Griffey as much as anyone, but he slit our throats on the way out. He demanded to be traded, and limited our trade options severely which then meant we would get nada for him too. So he dropped a deuce on us and went off to Cinci.

You're right, but he's been loyal to us. We didn't get anything in return from Griffey, but Mike Cameron actually played pretty well for us for abit.

In the end, he left to play in his hometown, play for his Pops, and be closer to his family. Take out two of those three reasons and he wouldn't haveleft.

Which is why I'm saying he didn't really want to leave, but given the circumstance he did.

Back
Top Bottom