Gas Prices

That's why I've had a plug-in Hybrid for a while and am waiting for my new Maverick to finally get built. 👍👍40 mpg is great with the Fusion Energi (and I don't ever plug it in due to the newer charging cable, compared to the one from my prior 2017, constantly tripping my GFCI) and the Maverick should get 50mpg easily from what other owners are saying. 👍👍
That UAW strike will prolong that Maverick

put 50 bucks into the alltrack yesterday and it was barely 3/4ths full. I'm tempted to remove the tune for the time being and slum it for a bit.....nah, just kidding.

That’s why I never tuned mine. I don’t want to be stuck running 91.

From my understanding, the winter blend is cheaper to make and results in slightly cheaper gas prices. Plus the fact there is less driving going on after the summertime.

And the switch to the winter blend happens in mid-September

Increased travel around Thanksgiving creates more demand that might cause a small increase

But from the little I read the risk of higher gas prices has to do with economic activity in China's economy, stockpile reports, the risk of the conflict in the Middle East increasing, and what OPEC announces regarding their production levels for the start of 2024.

But gas is in a good place compared to what analysts were fearing in the summer. For now.

That UAW strike will prolong that Maverick

No it didn't. Truck is built in Mexico, and they aren't UAW employees so the strike didn't do a darn thing to that plant. Truck was built on 9/7 and shipped 9/8. I picked it up a month later as it takes several weeks to get up here from Mexico via train and another week sitting at the ramp before getting trucked up to the dealer.

And I'm loving it. Got 1,100 miles and averaging 44.4 mpgs overall. And I've only put my 2nd tank in since I picked it up on 10/13. And since I was in Jersey getting pizza yesterday, and I left home with 121 miles to go, I was about 50 miles to go on my way home, and saw that gas was $3.09 for 87, I couldn't pull into the station fast enough. 👍

PXL_20231112_173921190.jpg

Now needing premium for my Mustang GT that's tuned to 93, that's a different story. 😂. At least premium is really coming down. $4.01 a gallon at my local Giant. I got to get some in that in the morning so I'll fill it since it hasn't been this low for 93 in a LONG TIME!

Last edited:
$3.10 regular at Costco. Filled up because I know mfs gonna raise the price next week for Thanksgiving
$2.99 at the one out here in PG county MD. Hopefully not but I can deal with a 20 cent increase since it was just $3.39 not long ago

was in houston last week, chevron was at the most $3.10

came back home and its close $5+ here in SoCal

Back
Top Bottom