Gay Rights slams Kobe-- "what a disgrace" Kobe gets fined 100k

serious 100k fine
indifferent.gif

Insert (other slur), other people in this thread NO NAMES would be overreacting as well.

Insert (other slur), other people in this thread NO NAMES would be overreacting as well.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It doesn't matter if the ref is a homosexual or not, Kobe is using a gay slur in an insulting manner even if his definition is unrelated to sexual orientation.

Simply because many people say "gay" when they mean something is stupid or dumb, or call someone a fa* when they mean they're weak or an idiot still isn't appropriate because "you're defining the word differently" it's still putting down homosexuals and marginalizing them in a negative way by association. You can't make that kind of separation when using hate speech.

Also, it isn't as if EVERY single homosexual has protested or complained about this, it was one organization, Human Rights Campaign... not GLAAD or dozens of other groups, so far it's just one. It seems like people in this thread are overreacting as the supposed "overreacting" by one group
laugh.gif
Well put.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

This is stupid...The word "%%%$$+" could only be offensive if the ref was indeed Gay...
Is the "N" word offensive if used towards a non-black person? 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It doesn't matter if the ref is a homosexual or not, Kobe is using a gay slur in an insulting manner even if his definition is unrelated to sexual orientation.

Simply because many people say "gay" when they mean something is stupid or dumb, or call someone a fa* when they mean they're weak or an idiot still isn't appropriate because "you're defining the word differently" it's still putting down homosexuals and marginalizing them in a negative way by association. You can't make that kind of separation when using hate speech.

Also, it isn't as if EVERY single homosexual has protested or complained about this, it was one organization, Human Rights Campaign... not GLAAD or dozens of other groups, so far it's just one. It seems like people in this thread are overreacting as the supposed "overreacting" by one group
laugh.gif
Well put.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

This is stupid...The word "%%%$$+" could only be offensive if the ref was indeed Gay...
Is the "N" word offensive if used towards a non-black person? 

Originally Posted by vanexellent

They way Refs screw Kobe you cant blame him for thinking one of them is of that orientation.

Seriously...the NBA was right for the fine but now they better be consistant with it. B-words should be fined for slurs againsts women, and N-words for slurs against blacks. Better yet how about techincals for profanity?
This.  When I go to a game and sit court side I hear more profanity coming from the opponent's coaches. How about fining $100,000 to the coaches too?  This Gay rights thing is starting to get on my nerves and pushing me further away from their cause. 

They way Refs screw Kobe you cant blame him for thinking one of them is of that orientation.

Seriously...the NBA was right for the fine but now they better be consistant with it. B-words should be fined for slurs againsts women, and N-words for slurs against blacks. Better yet how about techincals for profanity?
This.  When I go to a game and sit court side I hear more profanity coming from the opponent's coaches. How about fining $100,000 to the coaches too?  This Gay rights thing is starting to get on my nerves and pushing me further away from their cause. 

i dont why they made a big deal about this. i thought kobe was...................

50964166.jpg

50500_279227866634_1483437_n.jpg

a team player

i dont why they made a big deal about this. i thought kobe was...................

50964166.jpg

50500_279227866634_1483437_n.jpg

a team player

Kobe swear he's fouled after every play. When he does actually gets fouled, refs think he's crying wolf.

He deserved to get fine.

But this doesn't look good for the lakers first round matchup.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

If the coaches got caught on camera saying f**, they would be fined too. Kobe got caught saying it, that's that.

Kobe swear he's fouled after every play. When he does actually gets fouled, refs think he's crying wolf.

He deserved to get fine.

But this doesn't look good for the lakers first round matchup.

Back
Top Bottom