Geico claims adjuster keeps trying to jumble my words. What do I do?

Had a accident about a month ago where a guy claimed to have a green left turning arrow. I had the green light and was going straight on a service road, and asI went through the intersection the guy made a left turn into me from the main road.

Now I'm trying to get my rental, tow, transportation paid for by Geico (the other guy's insurance). But every time I talk to the Geico claims personsimply asking about the claims process, shes trying to force me to admit fault and jumbles my words and makes stupid statements like; "so you'resaying the green arrow lasts 1/2 a second?"

Fault hasn't been determined yet, but a witness, a crossing guard said I had the green.

Should I just sue Geico or the driver, both? Tired of being aggravated by the claims adjuster.

Cliff Notes:
*Accident about a month ago
*Geico is messing with my head
*Should I sue?

Hey, i was an insurance underwriter for 7 years and am familiar with the whole process. First, do you have full coverage? If you do, you can pay out of pocketfor the damage to your car and your insurance company will handle your reimbursement from geico. If there is a police report with a witness saying you had theright of way, you will win the claim. When calling their claims dept if you are having problems ask to speak to a supervisor or tell them you are going tocontact the new york state insurance plan. Your broker or insurance company can help you out too.

Tell them your the victim and your done explaining yourself over and over. The police have all the information needed so cut the check or talk to the lawyer.

Wait, I dont understand why a driver on the opposite side has a SAFE Green (Arrowed Green)? With a SAFE green, there should be no other cars for him to watchout for(even though its common sense, but technically, if you have an arrow, there should be no cars crossing your path)

Ya unfortunately the other guy was pretty cocky and it was his girls car and he had her in the passenger seat.

It was basically impossible for him to have the green arrow, so in essence hes admitting he didn't look down my lane before turning.

I have collision, liability and rental coverage, but Allstate only pays 30/day for rental.

Thanks for the advice, didn't even think about contacting New York State to make a complaint. Dunno if what Geico is doing is standard practice, but itdoesn't seem right.

Back
Top Bottom