General USPS International Shipping (eBay!)

Does it matter If I printed a shipping label to be shipped tomorrow (July 6th) but don't drop it off until the 7th?
 Also, does it HAVE TO be dropped off at a USPS office in the city of origin? Because I'm about 45 miles away from the stated origin address?
I know you eBay folks know what's up. I don't do this too often. haha.

Does it matter If I printed a shipping label to be shipped tomorrow (July 6th) but don't drop it off until the 7th?
 Also, does it HAVE TO be dropped off at a USPS office in the city of origin? Because I'm about 45 miles away from the stated origin address?
I know you eBay folks know what's up. I don't do this too often. haha.

it's fine if you print it out, and ship on a different date, but if you know you're not shipping until the 7th why not just mark that as shipping date?

you can drop off at any usps location or drop box.

it's fine if you print it out, and ship on a different date, but if you know you're not shipping until the 7th why not just mark that as shipping date?

you can drop off at any usps location or drop box.

Got it. Thanks a lot, yo.

I already printed everything out, and decided whether to go into work early tomorrow from 9-6, which is postal hours :ohwell:...

Got it. Thanks a lot, yo.

I already printed everything out, and decided whether to go into work early tomorrow from 9-6, which is postal hours :ohwell:...

The date should be fine, I'm not so certain about dropping it off at a different location.

The whole reason for the origin address is to calculate price from zip code to zip code. That 45 mile difference, might end up being a different shipping costs

The date should be fine, I'm not so certain about dropping it off at a different location.

The whole reason for the origin address is to calculate price from zip code to zip code. That 45 mile difference, might end up being a different shipping costs

Originally Posted by YuraS718

never really thought about that...I've never had a problem with dropping off at a different PO anytime I've shipped anything.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

never really thought about that...I've never had a problem with dropping off at a different PO anytime I've shipped anything.

my suggestion would be to NOT use usps for international shipping. if USPS shows the item as delivered but the buyers country postal service does not show as delivered  there is a good probability the buyer would win the claim if he filed it. for international shipping i would say use UPS or FEDEX simply because of there ability to confirm delivery in other countries and they hold themselves much more responsible if a package is lost or damaged. ps i hope you arent sending anything to nigeria

my suggestion would be to NOT use usps for international shipping. if USPS shows the item as delivered but the buyers country postal service does not show as delivered  there is a good probability the buyer would win the claim if he filed it. for international shipping i would say use UPS or FEDEX simply because of there ability to confirm delivery in other countries and they hold themselves much more responsible if a package is lost or damaged. ps i hope you arent sending anything to nigeria

Oh really? Hmmm I'll probably do that next time around.

I'm sending it to Russia.
sick.gif

Oh really? Hmmm I'll probably do that next time around.

I'm sending it to Russia.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom