Getting a phonecall while watching sports, and being 5 seconds behind...

I don't know what's the deal, but it's as if my cable is 5 seconds behind every time. 

There have been several times when I've had to hang up on people.

Damn, you gotta hit them freethrows.  

Player hasn't even shot the ball yet.

Interception, game over!

Brett Favre hasn't even hiked the ball yet.

ohwell.gif

I gotta catch up with the rest of the world. 

Well if you know you're always behind, why do you talk to people during crucial moments of games?

I've watched a game on DVR and been behind only to get a text about the game telling me what just happens.

Do you have different cable providers than them or something? Or watching the game on a different channel? Sometimes in the past, the Mavs would be the national game and the FSN game and the feeds would be off since ABC/CBS/ESPN actually tape delay by 7 seconds and FSN is pure live. I guess if you have satellite and they are digital cable, the feeds could be off by a few seconds just off transmission speed.

In my town Dish Network is always a few seconds behind the local cable company.

Been in the same boat it sucks.

I used to have 1 HD cable box and 2 non-HD boxes.

The non-HD sets were always several seconds ahead.

i've been in game threads before...then realized i had paused the game at one point and never got back to live.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

I used to have 1 HD cable box and 2 non-HD boxes.

The non-HD sets were always several seconds ahead.

here its the other way around.

but if a game is on an over the air channel, i use my ota hd antenna.

it is your cable provider. i use to get the same problem, i could hear my neighbors screaming touchdown a couple seconds before the play happened. but when i watched it over the air, i was actually ahead.

radio is the fastest, then over the air w/o a cable box

if the gm you are watching is a local team, it is faster on the local channel rather than the nationally televised gm

Back
Top Bottom