ghetto?

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

CtotheJ78 wrote:
roll.gif
Boyd isn't even that much "ghetto" i bet anything involving to much black ppl is ghetto lmao

technically it does not have to be predominately black - a ghetto can be any area that the majority of the ethnicity is the same. In essence there can be white ghettos if that's the minority race in the area ...

yeah, and I have stressed that to people before, but people are friggin scared of black people round here!

I mean come on, Im pretty sure Boyd Anderson got metal detectors, so its not like youll get shot. When I tried to get this girl to see a drive in movie at the swap shop (a flee market) she said yes but later refused cuz it was in the swap shop and apparently its too ghetto since theres a lot of black people WTH?

Its almost to the point where I get angry even when my friends make references like that or say that I dress ghetto. Yes, I wear tall tees and stuff, but that doesnt mean nothing and it dont define me. My teachers always take a double take when I have a new teacher, and ask me if Im sure this is my class like three times including "are you sure youre in AP? the regular classes are over there *points" That gets me so dam mad. Just because of the way someone looks doesnt mean theyre any stupider than anyone else. Im in the top 1% of my dam school takin 5 AP classes this year and they got the nerve to doubt me cuz of a freakin white tee?

I guess people just piss me off. I still wish I was goin to freakin Boyd Anderson instead of bein stuck with these dumb ******** out here in the burbs

sunsetspringsparkwebsite.jpg
ftmfl

I wanna go back home:
AK-47.jpg
ethiopiaslum1.jpg

ethiopiaslum2.jpg

Where is that, Detriot?

My Chemistry teacher used to do that.
Call random things ghetto like if we had to do stuff the "old fashion way" or something.

Then again, I kind of do it too.
smh.gif
at me though. I try not to.

Originally Posted by ThizzBaby

like one day i was hustling candy (some kit kats, makin extra money you know =]) and they wanted to cal me ghetto. i was liek what ? ghetto for making money ??? ****.... iHustle.
who is pathetic enough to buy candy bars from a broke down kid in the street?

Originally Posted by mr delorean

like one day i was hustling candy (some kit kats, makin extra money you know =]) and they wanted to cal me ghetto. i was liek what ? ghetto for making money ??? ****.... iHustle.

That is pretty ghetto.

When I was at school the other day I took out my phone to talk one of my friends and I overhear some white girl say to her friend "that guy's phone isso ghetto". After I hear this I just gave them
smh.gif
until they turned thecorner. Just because I don't have an Iphone or something doesn't make my phone ghetto. I literally felt like throwing my phone at them.

The concept of ghetto is not a concept but a place. You associate things w/ the environment where it is common to see certain things. Mainly acts. U cannothowever associate objects such as headphones as ghetto because of their physical appearance, they are what they are, broken and run down.

The whole terminology only upsets me when ppl use it to just cause. Many ppl have no in depth understanding of what the term "ghetto" actually means.Do they even know that the term was coined from the areas that Jews were forced to live in durin the Hitler era? The only thing you can understand about theghetto is the poverty and lack of economic prosperation (if that's a word, doubt it is)

Ignorance and negativity go hand in hand and to say something is ghetto because of its poor shape and what not is just stupid and ignorant. I'm from whatyou would call the "ghetto" and find it disrespectful when ppl who have no knowledge whatsoever about the ghetto or anything relating to it uses theterm as if it's a household word like the, and, and it.

I like the first entry at urban dictionary that describes something ghetto as "improvised, jury rigged or otherwise homemade from cheap and/or substandardparts of ingredients. Oddly enough it inspires respect and even awe among ghetto and non ghetto folks alike." When one of my friends rigs up something andit works but looks or is cheap, I say, it is ghetto as a type of complement.

Some people do use the ghetto for anything that is not to their liking. It is gets annoying when I hear, blond suburban girls call anything, not bought atNordstrums or Saks, as ghetto and any neighborhood with homes that are under 3,000 square feet as ghettos or as the 'hood.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

The concept of ghetto is not a concept but a place. You associate things w/ the environment where it is common to see certain things. Mainly acts. U cannot however associate objects such as headphones as ghetto because of their physical appearance, they are what they are, broken and run down.

The whole terminology only upsets me when ppl use it to just cause. Many ppl have no in depth understanding of what the term "ghetto" actually means. Do they even know that the term was coined from the areas that Jews were forced to live in durin the Hitler era? The only thing you can understand about the ghetto is the poverty and lack of economic prosperation (if that's a word, doubt it is)

Ignorance and negativity go hand in hand and to say something is ghetto because of its poor shape and what not is just stupid and ignorant. I'm from what you would call the "ghetto" and find it disrespectful when ppl who have no knowledge whatsoever about the ghetto or anything relating to it uses the term as if it's a household word like the, and, and it.
i think the word youre looking for is prosperity
happy.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

I wanna go back home:
Where is that, Detriot?
addis ababa, ethiopia

and oddly enough yesterday, right after turning off the computer I go watch some show called the millionaire matchmaker on bravo. There is this one guy thatlives in like regular suburbs with houses for around 200k and the matchmaker goes out there and shes all scared almost to the point of crying. she calls backto her firends and is talkin bout how scared she is and this is the ghetto, like the ghetto! Shes freakin out cuz theres only like 5 porsches in the neighborhood. Are youkidding? thats ridiculous. She should try actually going to the projects and see whats really "ghetto" This just cemented in my mind that most peopleusing the term truly have no idea of its true meaning

Some people do use the ghetto for anything that is not to their liking. It is gets annoying when I hear, blond suburban girls call anything, not bought at Nordstrums or Saks, as ghetto and any neighborhood with homes that are under 3,000 square feet as ghettos or as the 'hood.

True, all this really irks me. Its always the same people I heard saying it too. I dont think they realize how ignorant they sound. As far as a girl being tooscared to go to the swap shop LOL. That's a new one. She sounds like one of them chicks from Coral Springs.

Where is that, Detriot?

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Some people do use the ghetto for anything that is not to their liking. It is gets annoying when I hear, blond suburban girls call anything, not bought at Nordstrums or Saks, as ghetto and any neighborhood with homes that are under 3,000 square feet as ghettos or as the 'hood.

True, all this really irks me. Its always the same people I heard saying it too. I dont think they realize how ignorant they sound. As far as a girl being too scared to go to the swap shop LOL. That's a new one. She sounds like one of them chicks from Coral Springs.

Very close, I live in weston

I noticed it always seems to be girls that be saying this ishh though, unless a dude is gay (no homophobe) I dont never hear a guy sayin it

Originally Posted by killaotaku

had a white girl tell me she wont smoke out of blunts because its ghetto and only ghetto ppl smoke em. i was like
ohwell.gif
whatever and i just rolled up a j.

you're a simp for that. when it comes to trees i aint letting no female play games. you too good to use a blunt to smoke weed? thats cool i love bluntsmore for me trick kick rocks.

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

That is pretty ghetto.
how the %%!% is selling candy ghetto or buying candy from a kid pathetic? this is exactly what op is talking about. if that candy was being soldby some lil jit in a cub scout uniform thats cute and the dude buying it is supporting the community. smh

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

That is pretty ghetto.
how the %%!% is selling candy ghetto or buying candy from a kid pathetic? this is exactly what op is talking about. if that candy was being sold by some lil jit in a cub scout uniform thats cute and the dude buying it is supporting the community. smh

hell yeah, them "charities" and clubs stay buggin me for money outside the dam grocery store I work at. Do they really think Im gonna donate when Imworkin for them wages and see them every freakin weekend!?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Weston is even worse
laugh.gif

They got bad ones out there tho?
nerd.gif

Oh best believe it homie! Its crazy, girls be gettin brand new range rovers when they turn 16 (or 15 if they spanish). This one girl at my school got aContinental GT and a 7 series, which is the car she stay driving to school!!!!

I mean in my freakin english class, people tell me Im smarter than I appear as if its a dam compliment!!!
mad.gif
Hell yeah Im smart, and you cant judge someone based on their jeans, Js or tees.

Theyre freakin scared of black people out here. All the black kids only talk to black kids and none of the other kids talk to the black kids save some of thehispanics. I stay wishin we lived in Plantation or something so I wouldnt have to deal with this, but at least I only got a year and a half left before Im outof school and out of here.

I got friends that admitted they only talk to me because they met me at work, because if they had seen me at school first, they wouldnt have been willing totalk to me because of how I dress and talk.... how twisted is that?

Back
Top Bottom