Ghostbusters: Afterlife | 3rd Film In The Franchise | In Theaters 11/11/21

Looks terrible like the last one. I dont like that kids are ghostbusters, hence its a kids movie unlike the og which was at least semi-serious. Im done with this franchise, yall enjoy it though
I love the OG and tbh, this isn't bad either. Not really an annoying kid based movie. That abomination though with 4 women deserves all the hate.

No you dont
Don't need to yuck other people's yum, bro.

It was a proper continuation to the OG storyline and they had to go younger. I have my opinion on why they went that young, when they could've went with young adults, but whatever. Seeing the remainder of the OG cast return to their role was nice to see.

Idk what to expect with this next film, but I wish the new team comprised of Egon's grandkids and two new older characters from NYC. Not their friends from school or their mom and Paul Rudd. But it is what it is.

Don't need to yuck other people's yum, bro.

It was a proper continuation to the OG storyline and they had to go younger. I have my opinion on why they went that young, when they could've went with young adults, but whatever. Seeing the remainder of the OG cast return to their role was nice to see.

Idk what to expect with this next film, but I wish the new team comprised of Egon's grandkids and two new older characters from NYC. Not their friends from school or their mom and Paul Rudd. But it is what it is.

Honestly surprised they didn't get a Miles Morales type character where you can score 2 for 1 ethnicity demos AND have a character that they could go full stereotypical movie NYC young adult with:lol:

Honestly surprised they didn't get a Miles Morales type character where you can score 2 for 1 ethnicity demos AND have a character that they could go full stereotypical movie NYC young adult with:lol:
Oh, so basically Anthony Ramos in Transformers :lol:

F Ant-Man and the MCU, Paul Rudd's definitely the perfect face for the modern GB movies:lol:

But also, they really nailed Egon's grankids perfectly.

Janine is a Ghostbuster!

That's a callback to an episode of The Real Ghostbusters, where Janine wore a suit.

Janine.jpg

I saw Frozen Empire in theaters this afternoon.

Frozen Empire isn't a terrible Ghostbusters film, but it has the same problems the other films have, they focus too much on the ghost lore and not what made the original film great, the comedy.

The film starts decent, but it gets bogged down... with too many characters (Podcast and Patton Oswalt), and too many people arguing.

It was cool they all suited up in the final act though. The final fight was a bit lame.

It could have used a montage.

Any more questions, just ask.

Of the original living Ghostbusters, Ray has the most screentime by a mile.

Phoebe got written as a whiny teenager in this one. :smh:

Kumail Nanjiani's character is definitely an NTer. :lol:

I didn't care for the Melody the ghost girl subplot with Phoebe.

They didn't wear the red suits, except for Lucky.

I chuckled at the library guy from the first film being in this one.

Frozen Empire isn't a terrible Ghostbusters film, but it has the same problems the other films have, they focus too much on the ghost lore and not what made the original film great, the comedy.

The film starts decent, but it gets bogged down... with too many characters (Podcast and Patton Oswalt), and too many people arguing.

It was cool they all suited up in the final act though. The final fight was a bit lame.

Weird that a studio would completely miss the point of the original.

Theyre never gonna make another good Ghostbusters movie unless they go serious with a comedic twist like the '84 one. Also needs a good cast of 30-40 year olds not kids. They can keep pumping out new ones with a kiddie cast but I dont think kids care about Ghostbusters so I dont see it being profitable that way

Theyre never gonna make another good Ghostbusters movie unless they go serious with a comedic twist like the '84 one. Also needs a good cast of 30-40 year olds not kids. They can keep pumping out new ones with a kiddie cast but I dont think kids care about Ghostbusters so I dont see it being profitable that way

I agree, this is another franchise that seems to forgot how the feel of the OG is what made it an all-time classic. I loved how Afterlife felt like a love-letter to Egon but with everything I've seen from the clips and trailers, this is just another franchise trying to pump out movies for the "modern audience" while trying to rely on nostalgic characters to hook in casuals.

With that said, I do feel like I'll still enjoy this in theaters this weekend with my son and his $40 glorified popcorn bucket:lol: But yeah, this'll probably be my only willing viewing of this movie, unfortunately. I just don't feel like it'll have any replayability for me after.

midcredit scene at the end?

I get the feeling afterlife is better than this one

Hands down Afterlife was better than this one. I agree the franchise just needs a slight, more mature, tonal shift with a new squad. This one was just way too lighthearted to feel for any serious threat and kinda bloated with zero charismatic characters. From Rudd to the OG’s, they’re all just just…there.

I will say that while I was entertained, I’ll probably never willingly re-watch this movie ever again. But will also say, I’m at peace if they just go ahead and make it a Phobe Spengler + family trilogy before the next reboot. I’ll check that out at least once too.

I thought the movie was fine. Very formulaic, but that's okay with me this time. If they do another movie and it follows the same formula, then It'll start to feel like it's run its course.

I enjoyed this one. Leaned HEAVY on the first one with callbacks, etc. There was one line where I was literally the only person in my entire packed theater that heard it and laughed. Curious if anybody in here caught it. Not really a spoiler, but when they come out of the firehouse at the end and Peck confronts them, some guy offscreen shouts "WHY DON'T YOU THANK 'EM DICKLESS?!" I was crying. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom