Gilbert Arenas....2 years PROBATION, 30 days in a halfway house, & 400 hrs comm service

Ron_Burgundy_scent.jpg

Apparently, because his last name is "Arenas," his attorneys claimed that he had the right to carry a gun into one if he wanted to.  The prosecution was not prepared for such a witty defense.

Ijust want to say something on this...
HE GOT OFF EASY!!!!
Plaxico, got jail time, although Plaxico accidentally shot himself and jailed which is like double black eye for him...
Arenas, got 30 days in a halfway house, 400 hrs. community service, and pay $5,000 fine.... that's it

First off, the dude could have payed a $50,000 fine easily, next I thought it was against the law anywhere to carry a unlicensed gun? though he never fired the gun but still isn't considered
reckless endangerment to bring a unlicensed gun? they have kids in that arena? right?
Second, No jail time! are they really serious? no wonder all the people in the world wants to commit crime in this country, because they know they'll get off easily...
I thought NY made an example out of Plaxico, obviously Arenas never got the message!

I'm really MAD and Confused why athletes, and Celebs do stupid things like this... I mean they have everything, Yes? and why do idiotic things like this..
If  I'm a Wizard fan I would be pissed to see this guy play in my team, why pay him Millions of dollars knowing to myself that he did something wrong.. 

Plaxico situation was different. he actually had a loaded gun, meaning that he would have illegally used it if the opportunity arose. not to mention that the gun actually fired in a crowded club.

Gilbert's guns were unloaded, and after reading all the details that came out i didnt see anything that indicated that he would have ever harmed anybody.

i am still somewhat surprised that he didnt get jailtime, but lets be real.. there was no malicious or criminal intent here. Gilbert was just playing an idiotic prank. it would have been rough to see a guy do 2 years in jail for some bullshh like that. even if this was just an ordinary person i'd say the same thing.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Plaxico situation was different. he actually had a loaded gun, meaning that he would have illegally used it if the opportunity arose. not to mention that the gun actually fired in a crowded club.

Gilbert's guns were unloaded, and after reading all the details that came out i didnt see anything that indicated that he would have ever harmed anybody.

i am still somewhat surprised that he didnt get jailtime, but lets be real.. there was no malicious or criminal intent here. Gilbert was just playing an idiotic prank. it would have been rough to see a guy do 2 years in jail for some bullshh like that. even if this was just an ordinary person i'd say the same thing.
Again, he had prior gun charges.  That's like a registered sex offender eatin' a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at the playground thinkin' !%%+ sweet.  I'm sure he wasn't tryin' to booty rape anybody but he should know better than to put himself in harms way.

word, obviously he made an idiotic decision. i'm sure he had plenty of time to think about that while his bank account was leakin and the judges were making him sweat it out for the past two months. he's a complete dumb %%%, but i hope hes finally learned his lesson through all of this.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Ron_Burgundy_scent.jpg

Apparently, because his last name is "Arenas," his attorneys claimed that he had the right to carry a gun into one if he wanted to.  The prosecution was not prepared for such a witty defense.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Ron_Burgundy_scent.jpg

laugh.gif

HYSTERICAL
laugh.gif

But as for the case... In the nations capital, celebrity and that's all he got? He got off great.

Back
Top Bottom