[| -- Glow In The Dark Tour: kanYe West, Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D. & Rihanna -- |]

Kanye did tore it up!!! My boy went to see him @ MSG and He was wid me yesterday too. and he said they did the excactly the same @ MSG
were to close to the stage he had an asthma attack for all the smoke coming from da stage lol....

smh.gif
So pissed I passed on going to the After Party @ Circa apparently all the artists were there doing performances.

Anyways my review from the post I made in the Concert Thread in the Music Forum.

N.E.R.D. were on MTV Canada yesterday before their set at the show and Pharrell mentioned that Montreal was the best stop of the whole tour, the vibe &crowd was on another level he hadn't seen before. He mentions that artists usually have to say comments like that but he truly meant it from his heart.

With that being said....

I don't really have to break down in detail the show since people did it already, what I CAN say is KANYE > JAY live. Sorry I haven't been to the RDShow or the Fade To Black show or historic Summer Jams, but from his 3 of Hov's major tours I can easily say Kanye is such a better performer. Now Lupe hasbeen here 3 times in the past 6 months and I passed on all shows figuring I would see Lupe at the GITD Toronto stop.

1st the show got moved up to 6:30 so basically right in the middle of rush hour traffic AND there was a Blue Jays game and Toronto FC game going on all within5 mins away from each other location wise. I wanted to get there @ 6 to get some T-Shirts and I knew Lupe was starting on time........Last night wasn't thecase. Yesterday the weather was terrible rain on and off throughout the day and heavy wind it felt more like November as oppose to May and the venue (TheMolson Ampitheatre) is an outdoor Pavillion type Stadium.

Usually in May it's 80+ degrees but it wasn't the case so far this month, anyways I was stuck in traffic downtown for 45 mins I'm guessing a lot ofthe artists were stuck too because the show started 45 mins late. With that being said when I got there the lineup was disgusting so while in line Lupe wasfinishing "Superstar", which was the end of his set. He only did 3 songs "Hip Hop Saved My Life" w/ Nikki Jean in the building, "KickPush" & "Superstar", I timed his set from when my dude who was already there msg'd me that the show started to when Lupe finished.....hewas on stage for 11 MINUTES!.

N.E.R.D. killed their set, I was on the Floor by the left side of the stage and you could see Pharrell's cold breath coming out due to the weather, butthey were all dressed well and with the energy they were pretty warm. I didn't realize until later on one of their "hypemen" was indeed Fam-Lay,like I said before everyone broke down their set so I don't need to go in detail but I have that much more respect for this group (2nd time seeing them)and Pharrell is VERY interactive with the crowd. My only gripe with this is CHRIS BROWN I didn't expect to see him at this stop just because it'sCanada, but he came through, my complaint is this.....IF your the biggest thing out right now some say the next MJ the %$#% you flying over to Canada to dancefor 10 mins during "Spazz"?. I know your lady is on the tour and all but Concert organizers/Kanye and crew should have given him a 20 min set ATLEAST or have dude perform Ne-Yo's part from Rihanna's single.

When they showed CB on the big screen the crowd erupted but it was just so stupid IMO to come out here and do nothing. Now with RIHANNA I knew damn well Ididn't care to see her so after N.E.R.D's set everyone went to get food, go smoke up, get gifts on the Main Concourse. My friends and I figured whenthe music drops for Rihanna's set everyone is going to go back sprinting to their seats thinking it maybe Kanye or some other artist. Since we didn'tcare for her set we chilled while kids were running back it cleared up the lines so I got food and 3 Shirts easily w/ no hassle, that damn N.E.R.D. "BrainIs For Lovers" Hoody was sold out fast. I still got that tee and Kanye's "Graduation" and "GITD" Tour tees same price as the U.S.$35.

While outside my N's and I were wondering "What the hell is this broad doing other peoples songs for?" I'm hearing Lauryn Hill, I thinkMadonna I forgot who else and it's not like Rihanna don't got hits. I'm actually shocked she did "Pon Di Replay" since it seemed asthough the past few years she abandoned her Reggae background and is all Pop now. Anyways when done with all the extra *!!! I was doing we went back and caughther last 2 songs "Don't Stop The Music" and "Umbrella". She did the joint w/ Ne-Yo in which I think her man should have came and didthe vocals since he was there.

For the main act of all acts: KANYE WEST

I'm not going to break down everything in his set but he is clearly the best performers period Hip Hop wise and one the best in all genre's. To finallyhear "Good Morning", "Champion", "Can't Tell Me Nothing", "I Wonder" live is nuts, you can clearly see thedirection Kanye took with "Graduation" in making STADIUM STATUS type arena songs/anthems. @ people in the crowd NOT knowing the words for"Through The Wire", "Spaceship", "Hey Mama", "Jesus Walks" etc. Basically everything from "College Dropout"minus "All Falls Down" these fools didn't know.

* sidenote at this 75% of the people that had Floor Seats were 13-18 yr old (I won't say race) kids and I do mean kids who OBVIOUSLY got the best of thebest seats because of their parents who are from coporate businesses and members of office in the Government which had connects and dibs on all those floorseats. For the Toronto stop it was impossible to get Floor Seats through the Pre or Regular Sale.

Back to 'Ye, I forgot but lyrically which version of "Diamonds" was better OG or Remix? I don't get why to do the Remix if Hov wasn'tthere but hey I'm not picky with that just to hear the song again live I was amped. He did "Good Life", "Get Em High", "GoldDigger", "Heard Em Say", the encore being "Homecoming" finished w/ "Touch The Sky" in which YES Lupe Fiasco did come out.When he came sprinting out the crowd went AWOL more than likely because of traffic and the long lines 70% of the people missed his set to see him at least oncethey were glad. He did a speech at the end, was wearing it seems as though the Black Spizike Colourway of the "Air Yeezy's", you can tell thisman when in detail with perfection with his set, camera angles to have his band and DJ hidden everything just perfectly done to show why he is the best of thebest w/ live music.

I didn't see any G.O.O.D. Music artists on the floor, only people that most of you are familiar with even worth mentioning is Little X who was on the floorby the side of the stage. Overall it was the best show of 2008 so far easily, it just sucked the weather sucked but it didn't affect anyone that much BUTpeople were wearing gloves, winter jackets etc since it was so unseasonably cold. All the artists including Chris Brown went to the major After Party event @Kid Robot's new club in Toronto, I passed on the oppertunity I was tired but should have went when I heard all the artists were in the building.

@ The kid Pharrell brought up on stage, son looked like he was in the mirror the night before rehearsing his dance moves by watching BET. Dude would jump up gonuts like it's a Smashing Pumpkins show then mix that with a Snap Dance/Lean With It Rock With It and dude was wayyyyyyyyyyy off beat. It was like helooked around and was confused by seeing N's on stage but Rock/Alternative Music playing. Then when P tried to get dude off the stage he wouldn't getoff.

This was the first show that I actually have WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more video than pictures, I'll upload them all and add it in this post tonight or tomorrow. Idon't know if it was just me and my photographer "skills" but it seems as though Kanye was so in detail with his lighting for this tour it %++!@$up how good my camera took pics, and I have a pretty good camera. It was SOOOOOO hard to get good shots, the type of lights he used not matter what would makethe pics come out dark unless the proper main Stadium lights came on which was rarely.

Anyone else have this problem?

I had 6th row center seats. Paid $175 each but it was well worth it. 3rd time for me seeing Kanye live and he just keeps getting better.
My wife was taking pictures and videos too. The pictures she was taking would also come out all blurry. It seems like with the autofocus or something on thecamera would catch the lights in a weird way and cause the picture to be blurry. This would happen almost everytime. Then she just started taking videoswhich came out good.

people in the crowd NOT knowing the words for "Through The Wire", "Spaceship", "Hey Mama", "Jesus Walks" etc. Basically everything from "College Dropout" minus "All Falls Down" these fools didn't know.

Ahhh... It drives me nuts that I didn't commit to the tickets I asked about or saw online (400 section), and then to hear that people don't know someof the lyrics. What do you do when that happens?
laugh.gif
The 'ol bob-to-the-beat I guess.

As much as a fan I am for Hov, I don't know all his tunes by heart, I wouldn't go just for the sake of going as I can only imagine those few who didfor the Kanye.

Or maybe I'm just feeling salty right now, lol
Ludicrous I tell you. Haha.

i agree with diplomat tdot and all those kids with the floor seats. lucky kids. me and my gf were laughing the whole time that kid in the blue was on stage.
man, and all those girls that pharell picked to go up on stage? lol only one of them was good, that one in the grey dress and all the guys in the crowdedcheered when the camera was on her haha. anyways, here are the pics i took
they all kinda look the same cause i was so far. most of them came out pretty dark, best pics were when the staduim lights came on. i took all my shots onwidescreen mode so i can hopefully find one as a wallpaper. i only started taking pics when rihanna was out cause it stopped raining, most of the first shotsdidnt come out cause i was trying to find the best setting. http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/lauk4kicks2/

I wish I brought my camera, I thought they would have done a more intense search instead of just asking and believing what you said

The rows are round were almost all empty when Kanye did Touch The Sky, I was even telling people the concert wasn't over when the concert stopped for thatcouple mins and they didn't care. With that being said I was the only person in my area that knew any of NERDs lyrics

It was insane trying to get out of the amphitheater.

They were the best seats I have ever had for a concert this big. Had to pay double what the tickets were worth though. I even joined the Kanye fan club toget the presale code even before the tour was announced. When that persale code didn't work I went to iloveallaccess.com to buy them.

It was still worth all that work and money.

amazing seats man, i wouldve paid that much too be there as well. sick pics.

anybody ever been to kool haus before? i got another concert coming up in june, how early should i go to line up?

damn jordan23mike23 thats a hell of a job and Q's review is dead on the stadium theory is perfectly put.

all i gotta say is ye is wildin, attention to detail was great

he even was drinking water out a canteen ( star wars style)

can't wait for this show, it's tonight at the MTS center! sounds like it's better than his first tour he did.

1 week until the Vancouver show
pimp.gif

Front row seats
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And no I'm not some white kid with corporate parents haha

2nd row center! it was sick but those friggin security guards would NOT let anyone even pull a cell phone out to take pics it was ridiculous but concert was sosick...it's like not even a concert, he puts on a show. one of the best shows i've seen to date entertainment wise, and kanye gives his all the wholeway through.

I miss that concert already...damn.

My seats were pretty good, row A 200 is basically the first row above the pit, so you could really see Kanye a bit better since the stage / props were raisedup.

What made it even better was I flipped a pair of 300's for $400 a month before the concert and it paid for my tickets as well.

Vancouver show was unreal. My 3rd time seeing him and he def killed it this time around. The set and story line was awesome.
I came late tho and missed Lupe, kinda chapped bout that but over all the show was really good and im gladd i copped tix last min.

Back
Top Bottom