Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

laugh.gif
quick with the title change.

Originally Posted by NYelectric

Bruised Never Broken, and Home Team.
laugh.gif
What the $%!$ is that one supposed to be on his stomach? Was that some kind of accident?
Stretch marks ruining your ink ftl.

**hopefully he comes back to the way he was in 06-07....
i know thats reaching, but still....

if he doesnt
tired.gif

if he does
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by throwback1718

what the hell is that eddy curry pic about?
its two pics his trainer took for when he began his training and weight loss.
eddy's gotta realize this whole making a living through playing basketball is a very fragile and fleeting opportunity.it's what,his 8th or9th year in the L?if he still doesn't get how important conditioning is in a game that requires you to run most of the game and jump up and down,icouldn't care less for dude.

[h1]Curry, Gallinari healthy in camp start[/h1]
By MARC BERMAN

Last Updated: 6:42 AM, September 29, 2009

Posted: 3:27 AM, September 29, 2009

SARATOGA SPRINGS -- When Knicks training camp opened one year ago at Skidmore College, Danilo Gallinari never stepped foot on the court and center Eddy Curry never stepped foot in the gym.

One year ago, Curry landed in a hospital with a bacterial infection while Gallinari spent the week on the sidelines doing core exercises for his injuredback.

Things didn't get better for either, and they combined to play 31 games. Curry, battling weight and knee issues, played three games, 12 minutes.Gallinari, the 6-foot-11 Italian Stallion, wrecked by a bulging disc, managed 28 games as a rookie before shutting it down in mid-March to undergo backsurgery.

With their first practice scheduled today, Gallinari is pain free, with coach MikeD'Antoni raving, "He's the best shooter I've ever seen."

Curry has lost 40 pounds -- to 317 -- and claims to be ready to roll despite a hamstring strain last week.

In Donnie Walsh's fantasy world, Gallinari and Curry will make up two-fifths of thestarting lineup and lead the Knicks to the playoffs. Their resurgence is the only way the Knicks reach respectability entering 2010's free-agentfrenzy.

"Last year's camp was a nightmare for me," Curry said at yesterday's media day. "I spent the whole week in the hospital, and thewhole season was a wash. I'm looking forward to getting started. I can't even believe the day is here."

Curry hasn't come close to regaining the form of 2006-2007 when he became the focal point of Isiah Thomas' offense. Already the red flags are wavingas Curry tweaked his hamstring and calf, forcing him to miss the last five days of pre-camp scrimmages.

But he says it's different this time after a summer of "soul-searching" and his ballyhooed weight-loss program.

"With everything going on, I had to figure what was important to me," Curry said. "Everything was coming at so many different angles. Ifocused, buckled down and handled my problems one thing at a time."

Aside from his knees, Curry dealt with a sexual-harassment lawsuit from a limo driver and the shooting death of a girlfriend and their infant daughter.

Now it's just basketball. "I definitely have to get myself in NBA shape," Curry said. "Yeah, I lost the weight. It's a lot more todo. It's going to take time. But not having the stress on my knees, my body feels good to play that way."

D'Antoni never has shown respect for Curry, even cracking the other day the center lost the weight of "two Backstreet Boys."

D'Antoni's disses have led to assertions the Knicks are trying to get Curry to a level where his long-term contract can be traded.

"If that's their goal, to showcase me, to make my contract more attractive, so be it," Curry said. "You know it's there. I hope theydo get LeBron [James]. And I hope I'm there when he comes."

Gallinari has a lot better chance of fulfilling expectations. He says he has no pain in his back whatsoever.

"I like the pressure," Gallinari said. "A player who wants to prove himself like me, you need the pressure. I'm happy there is pressureand everybody wants to see a lot from me. That's what motivates me."

As far as D'Antoni's outlandish shooting compliment, Gallinari said, "I hope to prove it. It's a part of my game. I think I showed a littlebit last year for 28 games I like to shoot from 3.

"It's great -- one year ago, feeling a lot of pain," Gallinari added. "Now I can start training camp feeling good."

Hahn just Twittered the below lineup:

5 in blue: Duhon-Gallinari-Chandler-Harrington-Lee

That is a pretty clear signal that this is the starting 5 D'Antoni envisions this season.

Hahn also said:

Curry in the drills, but right calf wrapped up. Moving OK vs Darko.

Well, I think that's the best offensive balanced line up obviously.

My concerns would be;

Wilson's ballhandling. (hopefully improved)

Interior defense (cant be fixed with that group, they are what they are)

Rebounding ( no excuses for not having a collective effort and doing OK)

i like that starting 5, although what proshares said does seem more reasonable.
my concerns: how much burn will our 2 new rookies get? sun yue included.
jefferies+hughes odd men out?

Back
Top Bottom