Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Wilson Chandler and a first round pick (or two?) for Ricky Rubio sounds fair to me. If the Knicks are certain Gallinari can develop into what they think he canand LeBron can come over next summer, it makes Chandler expendable.

It's much easier to fill a hole at the SF/SG positions than at PG too. But this is from an outsider's POV.

^thats how i view it, but chandler has so much upside, i just dont want to part with him. he can play the 2 and maybe gallo come off the bench.
or even make bron play the 4
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeeeah this dude is DEFINITLEY logical. Taking 2 tweener PGs back to back at 5 and 6 and than planning on starting them both together.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

so let me get this straight, Kuhn is an idiot for drafting 2 "tweener" PG's (I dont know how the hell they are tweeners) but now youwant him to take back the ultimate tweener player in Nate Robinson in a trade? If the Twolves are going to get killed on D with a 6'0" pg and a6'4" pg playing 1 and 2, then what the hell do you think is going to happen if they play a 6'0" pg and a 5'9 Tweener guard who has prettymuch been taught not to play D? Im not trying to be rude, but it doesnt make sense.

And also Lee + Nate >> Rubio
maybe now, yes. But what if Rubio lives up to his potential and becomes one of the best players in the league. What if he becomes a Chris Paultype PG at the top of his game. Then at this point no, they are not better than Rubio, because you are basically trading him for two players that they dontneed at ALL.
and Kahn DID take 2 PGs back to back with 5 and 6 and than chose Lawson at 18 (yeah i know he was dealt) so lets not make Kahn out to be some mastermind or some +#$%
he clearly did it to trade him, hence why there are talks between the Twolves and the Knicks.

I mean the Clippers took Zach Randolph off of our hands last year and he is a bum AND they had a logjam at that spot. So as us Knicks fans have learned some GMs dont look too much at position logjams.
how was that a logjam. They had Kaman and Camby at center but who else at PF? From what i read the only reason they did it is because Brand!!##!% them over and they NEEDED a PF to fill the void

Wilson Chandler and a first round pick (or two?) for Ricky Rubio sounds fair to me.
thats pretty much what im saying. And in order for the D.Lee+Nate package to work you would have to get a third team involved to get the Twolvesplayers who make more sense for there team. This trade can work, I just dont think it will work straight up.

Whos to say you guys will re-sign lee anyways?

What if some team throws a ******ed amount of cash at him? What if he gets like 12 mil a year? You really think the Wolves will want to take that contractback in a trade if something like that were to happen?

camby can play the 4 as well. remember, this trade went down before kaman and camby went down if my memory serves me right.
sometimes, trades dont need to be fair in order to work out.
honestly, as much as i love him, hes not a starter. hes a 6th man who knows his role, basically an energy spark. he comes out, and plays hard every game. tahtswhy hes a fan favorite.
no one knows if rubio can live up to his potential. all we can do is hope.

camby can play the 4 as well. remember, this trade went down before kaman and camby went down if my memory serves me right.
yeah it did, but the entire reason they traded for Randolph was because Brand completely screwed that team over and they wanted to try and fillthat void.

honestly, as much as i love him, hes not a starter. hes a 6th man who knows his role, basically an energy spark. he comes out, and plays hard every game. tahts why hes a fan favorite.
this is pretty much what im saying. Im not against D.Lee or Nate, but the players themselves really dont make sense for the Twolves RIGHT now. Ijust think in order to get it done there will have to be a third team involved that wants D.Lee so bad that they are willing to give up a good SF or SG. Oryou guys could just give up Chandler for him like I said earlier, that would be a hell of a lot easier.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

yeah it did, but the entire reason they traded for Randolph was because Brand completely screwed that team over and they wanted to try and fill that this is pretty much what im saying. Im not against D.Lee or Nate, but the players themselves really dont make sense for the Twolves RIGHT now. I just think in order to get it done there will have to be a third team involved that wants D.Lee so bad that they are willing to give up a good SF or SG. Or you guys could just give up Chandler for him like I said earlier, that would be a hell of a lot easier.
Sounds like Portland

^^^^pretty much. Again, im not saying it cant be done, im just saying they will either have to offer a different piece or get a different team involved.

When its all said and done I think Rubio will be in NY

I don't have a problem wit tony wearing 23.. If lebron comes and he wants the number so bad maybe he can buy tony a car or somethin for it lol

Hill has to get to losing I guess if he went to Citi.

laugh.gif
J/K

But yea where would Lee fit on the T-Wolves? Bench? You starting him over Love next year? Assuming I am correct that Love plays the 4 and Jeff the 5
laugh.gif

honestly, i think the wolves should ship love.
they horribly together, and love only started getting some shine once al jeff went down.

Lee > love... but hey what's wrong with 2 forwards playing together if u got 2 pure points "that will play together" lol

If the Twolves are going to get killed on D with a 6'0" pg and a 6'4" pg playing 1 and 2, then what the hell do you think is going to happen if they play a 6'0" pg and a 5'9 Tweener guard who has pretty much been taught not to play D? Im not trying to be rude, but it doesnt make sense.
They are not necessarily tweeners because of their height. At 6'4 Rubio does not seem like a Tweener but he is 185 lbs, Flynn is barely 6 ftand 190. Now tell me how the %*$% can either of them guard some of these powerful and athletic wings in the NBA? Basically it was not a smart ove by Kahn topick these dudes back to back, nobody thinks so, and it wasnt just for trade, as my man JPz said earlier Kahn said he plans to start both of them. Not sayingNate would be the answer to solve the tweener problems but getting tweeners does not seem like an issue to them. And the ONLY reason there are trade talks isbecause Rubio is threatning to stay in Spain. If Rubio was willing to repoort to camp there is NO way his name would be thrown around and Minny would berolling into the season with an average guard weight of 190 lbs.
indifferent.gif

And honestly Nate wouldnt even be the sealer to this deal. He would definitley be a great addition, like yall said maybe not for Minny cause him and Flynn arevery similar players but Kahn dont seem to worried bout all that. Lee would be a great addition to Minny i dont care what yall say. D Lee is better than K Loveand will have a better NBA career. Pairing him with Al in the frontcourt is a MUCH more dominant combo and they compliment each other way better thanLove/Jefferson. And than yall can ave Love come off the bench where he may be better suited right now.

Like i said Nate and Lee is more than enough of compensation to a guy who has ALOT of question marks and has yet to step on an NBa floor. Its not a great fitin Minny but not a terrible one, and as we have seen GMs do +@!+ like that as seen by Kahn's antics at the NBA draft. And also about the Clippers taking ZBo. They had 2 highly paid big men in Camby and Kaman, and their young guy who they want to be part of their future in Thornton. Tell me how the %*$% tradingfor Zach isnt making that a logjam? Now you have 3 ovrrpaid guys in Z Bo, Caby, and Kaman and you are trying to split those minutes with their young stu inThornton. I mean they were having Z bo off the bench. Why the %*$% would you trade for a guy with a $17 mil per yr contract over a long period of time to comeoff the bench? Alot of GMs dont worry about logjams, and getting D Lee would not even make Minnys frontcourt a logjam. it would just make it ALOT stronger ifthey have Al beast in the post and Lee next to him handling the dirty work, with a young and talented Love coming in off thebench (where he is probably betteroff) and can play booth positions. That does not soun like a logjam, but more so one of the best young frontcourts in the NBA.

and Fade, i guess you gotta change your avy
laugh.gif
roll.gif

ha^

i keep waiting for a trade but nothing happens
frown.gif

Guess gotta wait till the first of july at least

yea nothing is gonna happen until july. damn we should have pulled the trigger on the wizards pick. rubio/curry+hill>chandler, hughes, and whoever else wewere offering

Not saying Nate would be the answer to solve the tweener problems but getting tweeners does not seem like an issue to them. And the ONLY reason there are trade talks is because Rubio is threatning to stay in Spain.

whoa, whoa, whoa...Kahn KNEW that Rubio was going to stay in spain, he addressed that after the draft so that's not the "reason" these tradetalks are taking place. Dont you find it convenient that the man drafted 2 different pgs one after another knowing that one was going to stay in spain, then aday later start to talk to teams about a trade?

If Rubio was willing to repoort to camp there is NO way his name would be thrown around and Minny would be rolling into the season with an average guard weight of 190 lbs.
indifferent.gif

no crap sherlock, but fact of the matter is he drafted him knowing he would stay in Spain. The dude took him to trade him man.

D Lee is better than K Love and will have a better NBA career. Pairing him with Al in the frontcourt is a MUCH more dominant combo and they compliment each other way better than Love/Jefferson. And than yall can ave Love come off the bench where he may be better suited right now.
Yeah David Lee is the better player now, but its not like he is miles above Love even though this was Love's rookie season. You guys talklike Love is a slouch. 11 and 9 in 25 minutes in your rookie season is pretty solid and he is only going to get better. In two years he will be just as goodas Lee and he will be getting paid a third as much.

Its not a great fit in Minny but not a terrible one, and as we have seen GMs do +@!+ like that as seen by Kahn's antics at the NBA draft.

You mean the antics of screwing the Knicks over at the draft and now trying to gut their team?

And also about the Clippers taking Z Bo. They had 2 highly paid big men in Camby and Kaman, and their young guy who they want to be part of their future in Thornton. Tell me how the %*$% trading for Zach isnt making that a logjam? Now you have 3 ovrrpaid guys in Z Bo, Caby, and Kaman and you are trying to split those minutes with their young stu in Thornton. I mean they were having Z bo off the bench. Why the %*$% would you trade for a guy with a $17 mil per yr contract over a long period of time to come off the bench?
For one, this situation doesnt even compare because the Knicks basically gave Randolph away so it is in no way the same situation. %$%$, theygave up Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley, neither players of any importance for them so its not like they shot themselves in the foot by trading away a goodplayer for a player that doesnt fit.

Two, Thorton isnt a PF

Three, Randolph started every games for the Clippers he played except for 5, so its not like he was just rotting away off the bench like you say, he WASstarting and playing 35 minutes a game.

Lastly, again, this situation doesnt even compare since the Clippers gave up nobodies in Cuttino "I have no heart" Mobley (yeah that was mean as hellbut I said it) and Tim "you cant see me because I dont play" Thomas". It would be different if they traded away good players like the Wolvesare about to do but they didnt, so its not even comparable.

And why would the Wolves want Lee when the dude is going to be making around 10 million a year. What is the point of bringing him in for 10 mil a year when heisnt that much different than something you already have? Why not just keep Love, dont pay the ridiculous amount that Lee is going to be asking July 1st,start Love, and get a free agent you need with the cap room.

Back
Top Bottom