Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Heads up

CBSSports.com - 06/30 - 9:30 PM EST (AP Photo)

A source told Ken Berger that he believes David Lee's days as with the Knicks are over.
Agent Mark Bartelstein will reportedly have Lee sign an offer sheet with the Grizzlies or Thunder that the Knicks will not be willing to match.
"It's a tough loss for New York, but they don't want to screw up their 2010 plan," the source said.

From realgm.com
I'm waiting til 12:01.

As far as Jennings.. whatever. He was talking to Joe who is his boy. Joe is a Knicks fan. So when he said 'y'all, he meant Joe. Let the kid live. Butreally though, not a good start to his career.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

im seeing a lot of iverson to the knicks talk

how would u knicks fans view having iverson for a year?
I rather have chlamydia.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Lee..............nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

And I don't understand these reactions to the Curry/T Mac rumor. What, are you truly disgusted? Or that disgusted happy type that dudes in the music forumor jewelry thread be using?

I already accepted Lee not being here a long time ago, so I'm over it. We shouldn't try to pay him what he wants, we just drafted Hill, it's timeto part ways, thanks for playing hard and always giving it your best, good luck.

I'd pull the trigger on the T-Mac/Curry deal in a heartbeat.

Just passing some info i got from my boy that works for ESPN, don't get all excited cuz its not finalized yet.

GSW will trade Stephen Curry

Knicks will trade Lee, Nate, and a 2010 pick

He also said this:

Rockets get Curry, Mobley's contract

Knicks get TMac

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Just passing some info i got from my boy that works for ESPN, don't get all excited cuz its not finalized yet.

good one, we dont have a 2010 pick.

And if we EVER did give all that up for a player it better at least be Rubio. If we gave up all that for Curry.

indifferent.gif

I like him and all, but cmon dude is a 6'2 180 lb SG he is NOT even close to being worth all that

Lee could be gone....

One of the many reasons, I don't understand the Knicks plan.

Who would Bosh, Wade or Lebron play with? Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries and Daniel Galinari?

If this happens, maybe the mass media can stop with the completely unfounded "Donnie Walsh is a genius" nonsense...

Walsh could have used David Lee or Nate Robinson as a carrot at the trade deadline in February to rid himself of the contracts of Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries,or both. It's well documented that Sacramento would have sent Kenny Thomas, an expiring contract in 2010, to New York for Robinson and Jeffries. He sure ashell could have found takers for Lee.

At the very least, he should have traded them at the trade deadline for a future first-round pick.

As it is, if he lets them both get away for nothing - an imminently plausible scenario - then Walsh should just get crucified for terrible, terriblemismanagement of two excellent assets. Of course, seeing as he's affiliated with the Knicks, that ain't gonna happen.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

good one, we dont have a 2010 pick.

And if we EVER did give all that up for a player it better at least be Rubio. If we gave up all that for Curry.

indifferent.gif

I like him and all, but cmon dude is a 6'2 180 lb SG he is NOT even close to being worth all that
Like I said, just passing along some info, don't kill the messenger.
Also I believe we do have a 2nd rounder next year

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Lee could be gone....

Who would Bosh, Wade or Lebron play with? Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries and Daniel Galinari?

If this happens, maybe the mass media can stop with the completely unfounded "Donnie Walsh is a genius" nonsense...

Walsh could have used David Lee or Nate Robinson as a carrot at the trade deadline in February to rid himself of the contracts of Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, or both. It's well documented that Sacramento would have sent Kenny Thomas, an expiring contract in 2010, to New York for Robinson and Jeffries. He sure as hell could have found takers for Lee.

At the very least, he should have traded them at the trade deadline for a future first-round pick.

As it is, if he lets them both get away for nothing - an imminently plausible scenario - then Walsh should just get crucified for terrible, terrible mismanagement of two excellent assets. Of course, seeing as he's affiliated with the Knicks, that ain't gonna happen.
smh.gif
whats this clown doing in the Knicks thread

and if we do lose Lee or Nate or both it almost certainly wont be for nothing. It will most likely be a sign or trade so we can get some value back and nothave it effect our 2010 cap room.

And its better to try this plan and fail cause if we dont get under cap at all than we have no shot and getting Lebron or them. Even if we dont get Lebronrebuilding teams NEED to get under cap to get someone and rebuild. So even if we have to give up Lee or Nate it will hurt, but Lee an Nate or not achampionship core and through Donnie's plan i can GUARENTEE you that we will exit 2010 WAY better than we entered. Lebron would be the best possible thingto happen and we will go after him hard, but Donnie knows there are no guarentess, If he didnt know #!$! like that he wouldnt have lasted in the league forthis long. My dude Donnie has backup plans.

God damn that's a hell of a lot to be giving up for a rookie player. A small fry type dude who only really got a jumper at that. I don't agree withthis decision at all if it goes through. Shoulda done all that for Rubio when they had the chance.

The Mcgrady trade is completely fine, we don't need curry and I think mobleys contract expire this upcoming season. Even tho Mcgrady would miss about 2-3months, I think I rather him than Iverson.

& the StephCurry trade is terrible....Terrible. I rather trade Lee to Portland for Outlaw & a PG

Originally Posted by Supafly122

The Mcgrady trade is completely fine, we don't need curry and I think mobleys contract expire this upcoming season. Even tho Mcgrady would miss about 2-3 months,
He'd only miss the first month of the season from what I read.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Lee could be gone....

Walsh could have used David Lee or Nate Robinson as a carrot at the trade deadline in February to rid himself of the contracts of Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, or both. It's well documented that Sacramento would have sent Kenny Thomas, an expiring contract in 2010, to New York for Robinson and Jeffries. He sure as hell could have found takers for Lee.

As it is, if he lets them both get away for nothing - an imminently plausible scenario - then Walsh should just get crucified for terrible, terrible mismanagement of two excellent assets. Of course, seeing as he's affiliated with the Knicks, that ain't gonna happen.
I know the Knicks are fast-forwarding their franchise to 2010 but in the meantime you still need a reason to put fans in seats and Nate Robinsonand David Lee were the only two Knicks (along with Wilson Chandler) that were doing anything worth-watching. Everyone knows Nate is a fan-favorite, imaginegetting Kenny Thomas in return, you think fans would be excited for that? Hell no! I know we should have some dividends but Lee & Nate won us some gameslast year (see Knicks v. Lakers) and that's something Kenny Thomas sure as hell wasn't going to do. Either way, they were both going to be off the capby 2010.

As for getting a 2010 pick, I don't really follow college basketball but I've heard its supposed to be a good draft class but that's our summer of free-agency. The Knicks will be looking to acquire free-agents rather than draft someone critical forthe franchise. Hypothetically if we land LeBron & Bosh (or Wade), you have your SF and C/SG for the next 6 years. If Jordan Hill pans out, you have a PF,if Chandler & Gallo pan out, you have two solid players there. We have a lot of pieces that LeBron can play with. I mean look, if comes to NY, we have alot more appeal & flexibility than Cleveland has shown him in all his years there.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Another news

Jennings Caught On Tape Cursing Out Knicks For Passing On Him

New York Post - 06/30 - 1:54 PM EST (AP Photo)

Brandon Jennings was caught on a YouTube video clip cursing out the Knicks for not drafting him last Thursday and taking Arizona forward Jordan Hill instead.
In a profanity-laced video with rapper Joe Budden, Jennings allegedly cursed out Rickey Rubio, among others. Bucks GM John Hammond reportedly has contacted Jennings, who was selected 10th in last week's draft, about the video.

Just finished watching the video,,its on youtube,,bad quality but this is what jennings says

"Ya draft jordan hill. Are ya serious?"

roll.gif
roll.gif

[h1]MARBURY: STARS SHOULDN'T SIGN WITH KNICKS[/h1][h2]CAN'T WIN TITLES IN D'ANTONI'S SYSTEM[/h2]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]Stephon Marbury, who becomes a free agent again today, believes star players should be cautious about signing with the Knicks because ofMike D'Antoni's offensive scheme and the way the organization treats people.

"I wouldn't want to play in that system,'' Marbury told The Post. "That system can't win championships. You can't winchampionships if you don't talk about defense. In Boston, the coaches even play defense.''

Marbury said he believes being exiled for four months "mentally damaged'' him and effected his Boston performance.

"I knew it wasn't about money,'' Marbury said of his exile.

"They spent 3 million on a 29th pick. They could've given $3 million to Anucha (Browne-Sanders). I knew it was personal. It's about ego andpower. I've never been so happy to be out of someplace. The way I was treated, lied to, grown men doing this that have stature.''

"When Larry Brown saw me in Charlotte when we played them, he said, 'It looks like you died andwent to heaven,''' Marbury added. "I told him, now I know what you went through.'' (
laugh.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
grin.gif
)

Marbury, who still doesn't have an agent, hopes to re-sign with Boston, though he's talked to his former coach, Washington's Flip Saunders.Marbury also did not rule out Europe.

"They get first dibs,'' Marbury said of the Celtics. "They did something for me, showed the NBA they won a championship and still broughtsomeone in who was supposed to destructive to the locker room.''

After his Knick buyout negotiations that dragged nearly four months, Marbury joined Boston in late February and never once got on the court together withhis former mate, Kevin Garnett, who missed the playoffs. The Celtics were eliminated in seven games by Orlando in the second round.

"With Kevin coming back, the chances are the same,'' Marbury said. "If Kevin would've been there, the outcome would've beendifferent. Not taking anything away from the Lakers. They're a great team as well.''

The Celtics coaches loved Marbury's work on defense but never played free on offense. Marbury said his rust was too much to overcome physically and henever could find his swagger.

"Mentally, what I had to deal with, the process with D'Antoni, the president (http://www.nypost.com/topics/topic.php?t=Donnie_WalshDonnie Walsh), it was mindboggling,'' Marbury said. "Two people can't make a decision and they have to go above them toMr. Dolan.

Mentally I was damaged and didn't even realize it.

"Going back next year, I'll be free. When you're weathering the storm, you're not thinking how bad the storm is. You're just holdingon, trying to get through the finish.''

I don't blame him for the sole purpose that I'm sure he didn't bring it up, but they asked him the question. The situation was handled wrong butthe past is the past, Donnie Walsh knows the entire situation was went about incorrectly. He's classier than that, I don't expect to see something likethat happen again.

Steph is right about D'Antoni's system. It brought the Suns 58 wins a season, tons of points/highlights, two Western Conference Finals appearances, andmade a few role players rich, but no rings. In June. Ah well...

Via Frank Isola:

"…A team source claims the Knicks will offer Lee a four-year deal worth $32 million, which is below his asking price of $10 million per season. The Knicks have the right to match any offer given to Lee, as well as Robinson, but the club wants to remain fiscally responsible as it pertains to the summer of 2010.

"There's no question he'd love to stay in New York," Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein said yesterday. "But you are only a free agent so many times in our career, especially in the prime of your career."

Portland is expected to make a strong push for Lee, who averaged career bests in scoring (16 points) and rebounds (11.7). Detroit and Oklahoma City also have the cap room to make Lee a substantial offer.

It is no coincidence that the Knicks drafted a power forward (Jordan Hill) and a guard (Toney Douglas) as insurance in case they lose Lee and Robinson. Of the two, the Knicks seem more committed to keeping Lee. Robinson could stick around if he were to accept the Knicks' $2.9 million qualifying offer. The Knicks also have the option of working out a sign-and-trade with either Lee or Robinson.

If Walsh can't land Kidd, the Knicks would pursue Milwaukee restricted free agent guard
Ramon Sessionshttp://www.theknicksblog....nks/images/external.png) no-repeat scroll right center; padding-right: 13px; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" rel="external">, who once played summer ball in South Carolina for Knicks assistant coach Dan D'Antoni.

The Knicks, according to a source, also intend to talk to Suns free agent Grant Hill. However, Phoenix is looking to re-sign Hill, who has expressed an interest in returning to the club…"

8 million for 4 years is a very fair offer, maybe even a 5th year is reasonable. Stay tuned to hear what other teams will offer.

Marc Berman is saying that the offerwill be 7 million.
"….Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni meet today with Kidd in their longshot bid while their own free agents,Nate Robinson and David Lee, hit the open market.

Portland and Sacramento have interest in Robinson, a source said. "He wants to be back," a Robinson confidant said. "But he knows he probably won't be."

Lee's agent will receive an initial offer from Walsh, expected to be at $7 million per. Lee likely will be pursued by under-the-cap teams - Oklahoma City, Portland, Memphis, Detroit. The Knicks other free agent, Chris Wilcox, won't be re-signed…"

I think Lee is a smart man, he should stay in NY. I mean, how much more does he hope to get per year? The Knicks should really lock him down for his career(yes, I'm that adamant about David Lee). Let's say we do land our pick of the crop FAs in 2010, Lee will still shine as a workhorse and continuedeveloping his game.

Back
Top Bottom