Go to the official '09-'10 New York Knicks season thread, this thread will be locked soon

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by d3simet

http://twitter.com/alanhahn
Alan Hahn's Twitter
No Patrick Ewing Jr...medical issue
about 4 hours ago from TwitterBerry
tired.gif

So what does this mean for the pre season?

Based on some alan hahn summer league practice reports......

-gallinari looks and feels great; not practicing with team now
-curry lost exactly 46 pounds
-jordan hill is getting roughed up in practice by sene
-toney douglas and blake ahearn looked the best in prac

I'm sayin, that's a lot of weight lost and he just started that diet, I doubt it was more than a month ago

read in the Times today, that Curry lost the 46 lbs, BUT he is still nowhere near his listed 285 ponds like D'Antoni would like him to be cause of how muchweight that fat #*+% gained last season and is still hovering over 315... so lets not get too excited and hes still garbage like hes always been.
ohwell.gif

Im just praying every night that Donnie can find a suitor not worried about 2010 cap space to take a risk on him cause his contract only goes 1 year beyond2010... which isnt bad unless you are trying to make a splash that summer like us and numerous other teams. But for some teams not concerned with all that andin need of a center some MAY take the risk. Im just praying Donnie can work his magic and get ANYTHING in return as long as their contracts expire before nextsummer.
grin.gif

you telling me that a couple months ago he was 360 pounds??

I knew he loved them cheeseburgers but damn. That must have been some depression eating. I wonder how they are forcing him to lose the weight. Is it in hiscontract that he has to be a certain weight? Couldn't he just not care since he knows he's getting paid at least 2 more years?

Whoops. I posted from Fanatic's laptop, and forgot to log her out..
embarassed.gif

Anyway, Eddy lost 46 lbs?! We'll see how he works out this season. Hopefully he can put up good enough numbers to make a team take a chance on him.

Originally Posted by Supafly122

How good is Toney Douglas? Can he start over Duhon?
Toney can score. I think he was drafted to take over Nate's role though. If he's starting at point we're in trouble.

Great news that Curry dropped that weight, hopefully he can keep it up and actually play.

[h1]DAntoni Shoots Down Miller-Duhon Rumors[/h1]
Jul 12, 2009 10:43 AM EST

Miller_Andre_phi.jpg
Knicks coach Mike D'Antoniappears to have denied rumors that the team could send Chris Duhon to the 76ers for Andre Miller.

"What was that?" D'Antoni told the New York Times. "I can't believe that."

The deal would have to be a sign-and-trade because Miller is a free agent.
[h1]Gallinari Healthier, Bulkier[/h1]
Jul 12, 2009 11:19 AM EST

Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
After back surgery in April,Danilo Gallinari is running again with "minimal pain" which is expected to be gone by training camp.

Howard Beck of the New York Times reports from Las Vegas that Gallinari "has a hop in his step, and his 3-point stroke is as fluid as ever. He evenlooks a little thicker in his shoulders and upper arms, a good sign for a growing young power forward."

"I feel good," Gallinari said. "Not pain-free completely, but I feel good. Nothing compared with what I was feeling when I wasinjured."
[h1]Jazz Still Trying To Deal Boozer[/h1]
Jul 12, 2009 10:38 AM EST

Boozer_Carlos_uta.jpg
A three-team deal that would havesent Carlos Boozer to Chicago appears dead, but Utah is still talking to clubs about the forward.

The Jazz are talking to "multiple teams," according to the Deseret News. Conversations have reportedly increased as Utah attempts to shed salaryso that they can afford to match the offer sheet Paul Millsap signed with the Blazers.

Chicago, Miami, Detroit and New York all remain potential landing spots for Boozer, according to the DeseretNews.

"There's a lot, obviously, and for all the right reasons," general manager Kevin O'Connor said when asked about how many conversationshe's had in recent days. "They look at us and say, 'Maybe we can get so-and-so, maybe we can get so-and-so.' We're listening, and talkingto everybody. There's a frenzy right now about it, and I think it will slow down a little bit."

The team would not address a rumor that Boozer has requested a trade.

"I don't want to go there. That's not fair to Carlos, and that's not fair to us," O'Connor added. "But what I would say isthat those two (Boozer and Millsap) have played together last year and the year before, and played fairly well together."
[h1]Knicks Meet To Discuss Andre Miller[/h1]
Jul 12, 2009 4:36 PM EST

Miller_Andre_phi.jpg
Knicks president Donnie Walsh andhis staff were planning to meet in Las Vegas to discuss the possibility of pursuing free-agent point guard Andre Miller.

New York is denying reports that the team is working a sign-and-trade with Philadelphia involving Miller and Chris Duhon.

However, one team official mentioned a sign-and-trade as a possible alternative if Miller rejects a one-year, $5.85 million offer.

Miller was said to be looking for a three-year, $30 million contract before the market dried up.

A sign-and-trade with the 76ers would allow the Knicks to offer Miller $7.6 million (125% of Duhon's contract plus $100,000).

If you watch Gallo's highlights from Italy, he was a much different player, more fluid and athletic. Think that injury had a lot more effect on his gamewhen he was on the court than we knew.

HOPEFULLY he can become pain free, but back injuries man..
grin.gif

I think we are very lucky that teams did not throw an offer at Lee AND Nate and they were one of the most talked about during the deadline.

Duhon+2011 2nd round pick for miller? lee for boozer? hughes, jeffries, mobley for tmac? That would make it alot easier on teh 2010 free agents to come to NY.As of now we gotta build around gallo, chandler, and lee. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SEASON OF THE DECADE

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Duhon+2011 2nd round pick for miller? lee for boozer? hughes, jeffries, mobley for tmac? That would make it alot easier on teh 2010 free agents to come to NY. As of now we gotta build around gallo, chandler, and lee. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SEASON OF THE DECADE
We're keeping Duhon.
Rockets want a center, so Eddy+Mobley or Hughes might be the only trade to work for T-Mac
I don't see much of a problem trading for Boozer

[h1]Agent: Knicks Aren't Relevant[/h1]

Jul 12, 2009 4:56 PM EST

Kidd_Jason_dal.jpg
The Knicks courted Jason Kidd andGrant Hill, but where given the cold shoulder by both.

New York has long been preparing themselves for next summer, when a number of top-level free agents are expected to hit the market, but one agentdoesn't believe they'll have much success.

"Right now, the Knicks are not relevant," a prominent player agent with a few high-profile clients in next summer's free agent class told theNew York Daily News.

"Only the media in New York keeps them relevant. The Knicks are trying to do the right thing but they've got a long way to go."

mad.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Duhon+2011 2nd round pick for miller? lee for boozer? hughes, jeffries, mobley for tmac? That would make it alot easier on teh 2010 free agents to come to NY. As of now we gotta build around gallo, chandler, and lee. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT SEASON OF THE DECADE

nice job contradicting yourself
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and i still dont get what all the hate on duhon is about. when we first signed him, everyone was on his nuts talking about how bad he was, blah blah blah.
once he started doing well, everyone was like
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nice move walsh. once he fell off due to so much PT, everyone starts bashing him again like heaccomplished nothing. cmon guys
eyes.gif

i've said it a million times, ill say it again. i do not want miller. dude is getting old.

Back
Top Bottom