God's Son >>>>>> It Was Written (Vol. The Hitchcock Of Hip Hop, Since BIG Pop Departed)

nas-gods-son.jpg
   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  
musiccatalog_n_nas-it-was-written_nas-it-was-written.jpg

It's NOT even really that close...

But I'm sittin here listenin to NaS catalog (after listenin to Fashawn's Ode To Illmatic it was ONLY right)...

I never really thought so before, but THIS album is a CLASSIC...

Basically EVERYthing the good brotha CAKE has said about this album for past few years is how I now feel (with the exception of God's Son > Stllmatic)
Spoiler [+]
NaS Catalog as of today: 4 CLASSICS

nas%20illmatic.jpg

nas-stillmatic.jpg

nas-gods-son.jpg

nas_untitled-715770-1.jpg

SOLID - This section is open for debate depending on the day (in NO order)
MusicCatalog%5CN%5CNAS%20-%20I%20Am%5CNAS%20-%20I%20Am.jpg
nas_dead.jpg
Damian-Marley-Nas-Distant-Relatives-2010-300x300.jpg

WILD CARD1 is an AMAZING assortmant of unreleased tracks, the other is a double disc that should been a (CLASSIC) single disc
27234.jpg
MusicCatalog%5CN%5CNAS%20-%20Street%27s%20%20Disciple%5CNAS%20-%20Street%27s%20Disciple.jpg

The Albums AZ wrote:

Nastradamus.jpg
The+Album.jpg

Before the good brotha Anthony Sparks gets here...

Spoiler [+]
goat_1.jpg

nas-gods-son.jpg
   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  

It's NOT even really that close...

But I'm sittin here listenin to NaS catalog (after listenin to Fashawn's Ode To Illmatic it was ONLY right)...

I never really thought so before, but THIS album is a CLASSIC...

Basically EVERYthing the good brotha CAKE has said about this album for past few years is how I now feel (with the exception of God's Son > Stllmatic)
Spoiler [+]
NaS Catalog as of today: 4 CLASSICS

nas%20illmatic.jpg

nas-stillmatic.jpg

nas-gods-son.jpg

nas_untitled-715770-1.jpg

SOLID - This section is open for debate depending on the day (in NO order)
MusicCatalog%5CN%5CNAS%20-%20I%20Am%5CNAS%20-%20I%20Am.jpg
nas_dead.jpg
Damian-Marley-Nas-Distant-Relatives-2010-300x300.jpg

WILD CARD1 is an AMAZING assortmant of unreleased tracks, the other is a double disc that should been a (CLASSIC) single disc
27234.jpg
MusicCatalog%5CN%5CNAS%20-%20Street%27s%20%20Disciple%5CNAS%20-%20Street%27s%20Disciple.jpg

The Albums AZ wrote:

Nastradamus.jpg
The+Album.jpg

Before the good brotha Anthony Sparks gets here...

Spoiler [+]
goat_1.jpg

So is Distant Relatives, Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, and Street Disciple.

I'd actually put DR in the category of classic.

I'm not sold on GS being classic but I haven't listened in a while. Probably give it heavy spins tomorrow.

So is Distant Relatives, Stillmatic, Lost Tapes, and Street Disciple.

I'd actually put DR in the category of classic.

I'm not sold on GS being classic but I haven't listened in a while. Probably give it heavy spins tomorrow.

Are you dumb? It Was Written is Nas's most well-rounded piece of work.

And go ahead and tell me Illmatic was more well-rounded than IWW. I'd smack you through your computer screen.

God's Son isn't even Nas's 4th best album.

Go back to the drawing board with this post, fam
indifferent.gif

Edit: I Am and HHID are better than IWW?
eek.gif
  Son.... I am disappoint.

Like this has to be a joke.
laugh.gif

Double Edit: And for the record, Nas only has 3 classics. Illmatic, Stillmatic, and IWW. Do us a favor and throw away your rap collection just for including "Untitled" with those albums.

Are you dumb? It Was Written is Nas's most well-rounded piece of work.

And go ahead and tell me Illmatic was more well-rounded than IWW. I'd smack you through your computer screen.

God's Son isn't even Nas's 4th best album.

Go back to the drawing board with this post, fam
indifferent.gif

Edit: I Am and HHID are better than IWW?
eek.gif
  Son.... I am disappoint.

Like this has to be a joke.
laugh.gif

Double Edit: And for the record, Nas only has 3 classics. Illmatic, Stillmatic, and IWW. Do us a favor and throw away your rap collection just for including "Untitled" with those albums.

Imma say the same #%## I do every time God's Son gets brought up on here...

My favorite Nas album...

His most personal...

Album I relate to the most from him 'cuz he spoke on a lot of #%## I dealt with...

Not better than Stillmatic but I got it ranked ahead of It Was Written (YEAH _ I SAID IT TOO).

Personal Classic.

Imma say the same #%## I do every time God's Son gets brought up on here...

My favorite Nas album...

His most personal...

Album I relate to the most from him 'cuz he spoke on a lot of #%## I dealt with...

Not better than Stillmatic but I got it ranked ahead of It Was Written (YEAH _ I SAID IT TOO).

Personal Classic.

Classic album, but his catalogue is to deep... I have it ranked at 5 in terms of his best work.

1. Illmatic
2. Lost Tapes
3. IWW
4. Stillmatic
5. God's Son

Classic album, but his catalogue is to deep... I have it ranked at 5 in terms of his best work.

1. Illmatic
2. Lost Tapes
3. IWW
4. Stillmatic
5. God's Son

The "Don" aesthetic in hip hop is fake. I think we all know that. Individuals who really run things don't record, write down incidences & tell on themselves.
Yet, dudes co sign Ross (and the like) & I SH on IWW? I don't get it. You have this bizarre double standard Nay. Why is Nas the only emcee that is unable to lie? I mean, everyone knows it's a lie. The same as Big, Jay, Ross, ect, ect.
If I were Nas................................. I would take that double standard as a complement. People seem to want the truth from Nas & expect everyone else to lie as if it were a given. It's weird.

The "Don" aesthetic in hip hop is fake. I think we all know that. Individuals who really run things don't record, write down incidences & tell on themselves.
Yet, dudes co sign Ross (and the like) & I SH on IWW? I don't get it. You have this bizarre double standard Nay. Why is Nas the only emcee that is unable to lie? I mean, everyone knows it's a lie. The same as Big, Jay, Ross, ect, ect.
If I were Nas................................. I would take that double standard as a complement. People seem to want the truth from Nas & expect everyone else to lie as if it were a given. It's weird.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

NaS is a prophet...

I could've lived without the Escobar phase... He had no reason to conform to what the industry was doin, he's always talked about priding himself on sometimes having to stand alone with his thoughts, but yet in that phase he compromised EVERYthing he stands for, for the sake of popularity... Not gonna excuse that, not from an artist of his calibur, he's one of the VERY few respected voices in this genre, that can speak on ANY subject, and change the way others view things...

It was coo when he was helping out his GARBAGE running mate AZ, but he never should've took on that persona to form an album around...

The BEST songs of his from that period are "If I Ruled The World" & "Street Dreams Remix" thats not by accident...

He's not talkin that knockoff mafioso rap, he's speakin the REAL...

The very FEW bright spots on that album don't even play into that corny persona...

& If that persona was a s good as YOU guys think, why did he put that corny +!+@ to bed??

He knew that +!+@ wasn't him, and it hindered his progress, threw fans for a loop...

Originally Posted by iLLscan

NaS is a prophet...

I could've lived without the Escobar phase... He had no reason to conform to what the industry was doin, he's always talked about priding himself on sometimes having to stand alone with his thoughts, but yet in that phase he compromised EVERYthing he stands for, for the sake of popularity... Not gonna excuse that, not from an artist of his calibur, he's one of the VERY few respected voices in this genre, that can speak on ANY subject, and change the way others view things...

It was coo when he was helping out his GARBAGE running mate AZ, but he never should've took on that persona to form an album around...

The BEST songs of his from that period are "If I Ruled The World" & "Street Dreams Remix" thats not by accident...

He's not talkin that knockoff mafioso rap, he's speakin the REAL...

The very FEW bright spots on that album don't even play into that corny persona...

& If that persona was a s good as YOU guys think, why did he put that corny +!+@ to bed??

He knew that +!+@ wasn't him, and it hindered his progress, threw fans for a loop...

It Was Written just oozes that 96 era of Hip-Hop....definition of it.

Nas is a genius.  It comes down to personal preference or mood....they are all gems made to be appreciated.

It Was Written just oozes that 96 era of Hip-Hop....definition of it.

Nas is a genius.  It comes down to personal preference or mood....they are all gems made to be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom