God's Son >>>>>> It Was Written (Vol. The Hitchcock Of Hip Hop, Since BIG Pop Departed)

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by jthagreat

jthagreat wrote:

I mean folks have said 8 classics, 6 classics, BY ONE ARTIST??!!! 

I said 6 because I personally believe IWW was a classic and I count The Lost Tapes... but thats all subjective because I've gone on record countless times to say that a "Certain Album" by a "Certain Artist" is NOT A CLASSIC AT ALL... And will do so until I'm done listening to music.

(2) Jay's Vol 2 a classic? that album has a dozen good/great songs, but Its my least favorite album. and theres no denyin that that album had a HUGE IMPACT...but its definately not classic.
(2)  Ummmmm... You're Lying. Yea... Definite Fabrication Going On With This Statement.

maybe not a dozen but there's at least 8 bangers and a few other good joints on that album but a classic it is not

jthagreat wrote:

I mean folks have said 8 classics, 6 classics, BY ONE ARTIST??!!! 

I said 6 because I personally believe IWW was a classic and I count The Lost Tapes... but thats all subjective because I've gone on record countless times to say that a "Certain Album" by a "Certain Artist" is NOT A CLASSIC AT ALL... And will do so until I'm done listening to music.

(2) Jay's Vol 2 a classic? that album has a dozen good/great songs, but Its my least favorite album. and theres no denyin that that album had a HUGE IMPACT...but its definately not classic.
(2)  Ummmmm... You're Lying. Yea... Definite Fabrication Going On With This Statement.

maybe not a dozen but there's at least 8 bangers and a few other good joints on that album but a classic it is not

I may have been off on the amount of good/great songs (I really don't like the album as a whole) but individually there's a bunch of "bangers" on that album. I haven't listen to it in minute but I imagine there's at least 10, ill look when I get home....but that wasn't even my point...having a bunch of good songs, and sellin a billion records, etc etc doesn't make it a classic. All that originally directed to flatbush...

I may have been off on the amount of good/great songs (I really don't like the album as a whole) but individually there's a bunch of "bangers" on that album. I haven't listen to it in minute but I imagine there's at least 10, ill look when I get home....but that wasn't even my point...having a bunch of good songs, and sellin a billion records, etc etc doesn't make it a classic. All that originally directed to flatbush...

IWW is a classic to most it doesn't matter I think "Last Real N Alive" sums up the whole period of 96. It's apparent that Ghost and Rae,Nas, and Big bit one another styles. Rather it was ryhming schemes or album covers. IWW some of the tracks weren't that good as if production but Take In Blood and I Gave you Power etc. really embraced a different style.

You can't compare God Son to IWW because he was at different time in his life.I think God Son we saw Nas expressed his situation how the beef with him Jay got to it's climax and also the death if his mother which also but his pain to some of the tracks.
You can argue you about classics but it's a fact Nas has more classics than Jay because every album he bought knew topics where after Reaso able Doubt, Jay rapped about the same thing.....

IWW is a classic to most it doesn't matter I think "Last Real N Alive" sums up the whole period of 96. It's apparent that Ghost and Rae,Nas, and Big bit one another styles. Rather it was ryhming schemes or album covers. IWW some of the tracks weren't that good as if production but Take In Blood and I Gave you Power etc. really embraced a different style.

You can't compare God Son to IWW because he was at different time in his life.I think God Son we saw Nas expressed his situation how the beef with him Jay got to it's climax and also the death if his mother which also but his pain to some of the tracks.
You can argue you about classics but it's a fact Nas has more classics than Jay because every album he bought knew topics where after Reaso able Doubt, Jay rapped about the same thing.....

laugh.gif
at NT'ers that sayin' "American Gangster" isn't classic/excellent.

The hell were they listening to...

I agree with you 100% my dude.

I agree with you 100% my dude.

[table][tr][th=""]

Jay-Z - Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998) Money Ain't a Thing[/color][/td][/th][/tr][th=""][/table]

13/14 of these tracks are dope in my eyes...paper chase i dont like. if this album had any cohesion/cohesiveness it would be a classic...

what tracks yall aint like?(Cake?)_  

[table][tr][th=""]

Jay-Z - Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998) Money Ain't a Thing[/color][/td][/th][/tr][th=""][/table]

13/14 of these tracks are dope in my eyes...paper chase i dont like. if this album had any cohesion/cohesiveness it would be a classic...

what tracks yall aint like?(Cake?)_  

J... I could do with out the following:

1) Ride or Die

2) Money, Cash, !@%% (Not saying it sucked but it was never really something that was crazy/cold to me I mean he spit on it, but when does he nor spit so thats a moot point. I feel as though the song didn't fit him, the vibe/feel of it was just iono not what I rock with him it sounds like a DMX record honestly which is why he sounds the best over the beat imo.)

3)Can I Get A (NEVER LIKED THIS SONG... EVER!)

4)Paper Chase

5)It's Like That

6)Its Alright (it just that... ALRIGHT)

7)Money Aint A Thang

Honestly This Whole Album Can Miss Me... Minus Reservoir Dogs, _ What _ Who, & A Week Ago... It just doesn't sound good. I'm Sorry (c) Shawn.

J... I could do with out the following:

1) Ride or Die

2) Money, Cash, !@%% (Not saying it sucked but it was never really something that was crazy/cold to me I mean he spit on it, but when does he nor spit so thats a moot point. I feel as though the song didn't fit him, the vibe/feel of it was just iono not what I rock with him it sounds like a DMX record honestly which is why he sounds the best over the beat imo.)

3)Can I Get A (NEVER LIKED THIS SONG... EVER!)

4)Paper Chase

5)It's Like That

6)Its Alright (it just that... ALRIGHT)

7)Money Aint A Thang

Honestly This Whole Album Can Miss Me... Minus Reservoir Dogs, _ What _ Who, & A Week Ago... It just doesn't sound good. I'm Sorry (c) Shawn.

How did you NOT like "Paper Chase"??...
smh.gif

THAT *#!% is CRAZY...

And according to NinjaHood coheesiveness doesn't matter... So I guess Hard Knock Life is a CLASSIC too??...

smh.gif

THAT *#!% is CRAZY...

And according to NinjaHood coheesiveness doesn't matter... So I guess Hard Knock Life is a CLASSIC too??...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

smh.gif

THAT *#!% is CRAZY...

you quote where i said it was written wasn't cohesive....
grin.gif

that was YOUR arguement, which i consider SUPER flawed..

Outside of 2 songs (If I Ruled The World, I Gave You Power) I don't see ANYthing else on there that would make TML look like "plastic doo doo" other than the fact that NaS made one group of songs and Drake made the other...
laugh.gif
c'mon duke....this statement ain't flying anywhere but in your imagination...

smh.gif

THAT *#!% is CRAZY...

you quote where i said it was written wasn't cohesive....
grin.gif

that was YOUR arguement, which i consider SUPER flawed..

Outside of 2 songs (If I Ruled The World, I Gave You Power) I don't see ANYthing else on there that would make TML look like "plastic doo doo" other than the fact that NaS made one group of songs and Drake made the other...
laugh.gif
c'mon duke....this statement ain't flying anywhere but in your imagination...

So why when The Source went back and re:reviewed RD, they didn't change IWWs rating?? (Since you used The Source argument to your defense and all)

So why when The Source went back and re:reviewed RD, they didn't change IWWs rating?? (Since you used The Source argument to your defense and all)

last time i checked having a 4 mic album was a dope review, and i wouldn't change it either...Nas is coming is a eyesore on a otherwise fabulous tracklist.

a year before that only built for cuban linx got earned a 4 1/2...so you see how much clout 4 mics had in da 90's.

last time i checked having a 4 mic album was a dope review, and i wouldn't change it either...Nas is coming is a eyesore on a otherwise fabulous tracklist.

a year before that only built for cuban linx got earned a 4 1/2...so you see how much clout 4 mics had in da 90's.

Back
Top Bottom