Goin to CHICAGO for St Pattys day weekend- help me out!

The Gold Coast area has great bars, shopping and dining. It's only a few block west of Michigan Ave.
Restaurants: Dika's, Hugos Frog Bar, Gibsons and Mortons. As others stated for the best dining view the Signature Room is key. Most "rooftops" are closed this time of year.
Pizza: Giordanos.
Bars: Lux Bar, The Whiskey, Mothers, Shenanigans and Hunt Club.
Club: Proof

Outside of the Gold Coast:
Comedy Clubs: Second City and Laugh Factory
Club: Enclave and MID
Other things to see: Personally, I would recommend going to the The Art Institute over the planetarium unless that's more your thing. Also, a lot of people dig the Shedd Aquarium.

As for St. Patrick's Day; to state the obvious, make sure you see the river dyed green which happens at 10:45am. The parade starts at noon and is always packed.

Have a great time!!

^Yea that restaurant is crazy. Printed food. Another super-pricey option is Alinea.

You should be pretty set with everything else said in here but I don't think Wrigleyville has been mentioned. Super high concentration of bars and restaurants.

Originally Posted by frankl1001

if you got $$$ to spend and want a cool dining experience (molecular gastronomy), check out Moto. Reserve your table on opentable.com. Pricy though, dropped $800 on v-day :smhAlso, if you like chicken, fried chicken.. Crisp in Lakeview.http://www.yelp.com/biz/crisp-chicago

This man speaks the truth about Moto. But damn, that place is expensive! I have to check out crisp. Porkchop is lowkey spot in west loop with awesome chicken, ribs, and of course porkchops

keep it simple first day and just visist the Mile to state street area all the way to Lake michigan, those 2 -3 long streets. 
one end has museums and other shopping. 

all the food spots sound legit. i still need to get some chi town pizza. 

I ate at low key spot called Lux Bar , near Mile, great. 

Hot Doug's is awesome. Kuma's corner is a great burger place. As for the bars...there are just so many! Great city. I can't wait to back.
Also, I second Sunda. One of the best meals I've ever had.

michelle

i'll be staying in the south loop, any good shoe spots near there? and I will be there for st. patty's day

Back
Top Bottom