Goin to Montego Bay, Jamaica in Feb, those that have been...

Give me some insight on what to expect. Im going with my girl... What are some things we gotta do while we down there. I keep hearing about Dunn River Falls. Some Do's....Donts... Share some good stories of when you went.

Thanks in advance.

Smoke the gangja
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

What are you going down there to stay in. Ive been to a resort, and Ive also been down there on a cruise. The Falls is the main thing down there. But depending on how you are staying down there will depend on what you can do. 
I would assume your staying longer than a cruise stop in but figured id ask either way. They also got a zip line through the Forrest that you could hit up which is kinda tough. I forget the exact name of the place since im at work now. But im sure I got something at the crib later with the name on it. But def do the falls. But theres gonna be a spot where you wanna drift away from ur girl for a second lol. The guides have everyone do a little slide thing into a current and pretty much every chick who doesnt hold their top loses it. You dont wanna get caught peepin that ++%% too hard...........

And of course get some weed. Its everywhere so it wont be hard to find. 

@ AllenIversonFar

Yeh we stayin at this resort...all inclusive joint. I'll def inquire about the zip lines. Do the off the resort activities be expensive (like the zip line..and touring dunns river falls)?
And lol @ the tops flyin off...ill def be peepin that. I heard about somethin called the "hip strip"...like the bars where everybody be at...did u go there? or mainly stay on the resort

and oh yeh i got that gov job.... random drug testing lilke %#+... so yeh il be passing on that good good smh.
tired.gif
 I feel like when i tell them im going to jamaica they will be testing me first day back in the office.

OP if you are going around the island google Dolphin Cove real nice spot, Negril has alot of nice tourists spots as well so does Ocho Rios. Dunns River is nice as well, climbing it was fun.. If you are planning on going into town (make sure you have a guide) you can visit maypen to get some real authentic food. Don't be afraid to try some of the food you'll see people selling on the road as you drive by, usually you can ask your guide where the good spots are for stuff. The Jerk Chicken/Pork, soup, ackee and saltfish, etc is amazing
pimp.gif

P.S. DON'T DRINK THE WATER BRING YOUR OWN BOTTLES.

Originally Posted by Mr Everywhere

@ AllenIversonFar

Yeh we stayin at this resort...all inclusive joint. I'll def inquire about the zip lines. Do the off the resort activities be expensive (like the zip line..and touring dunns river falls)?
And lol @ the tops flyin off...ill def be peepin that. I heard about somethin called the "hip strip"...like the bars where everybody be at...did u go there? or mainly stay on the resort
We aint hit up the clubs cuz the resort we stayed at was all you could eat and drink. Needless to say we couldnt really coordinate everyone goin out to the clubs plus they had a club at the resort. But it was dope. The activities be somewhat expensive. Like I know the zip line like 60 or 70. And Dunns is like 75-100 too. I cant remember off top since I was out there a couple years ago. The only other thing I can say is while out during the day ask to go to a good Jerk spot (no they dont have designated places to fap). Cuz the resort is gonna have mostly american food. You gotta atleast one day get away from that and get some authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken or Pork. That sauce is heaven *pause*, but only if you like spicy food. 

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

OP if you are going around the island google Dolphin Cove real nice spot, Negril has alot of nice tourists spots as well so does Ocho Rios. Dunns River is nice as well, climbing it was fun.. If you are planning on going into town (make sure you have a guide) you can visit maypen to get some real authentic food. Don't be afraid to try some of the food you'll see people selling on the road as you drive by, usually you can ask your guide where the good spots are for stuff. The Jerk Chicken/Pork, soup, ackee and saltfish, etc is amazing
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Jamaica isn't Haiti or Mexico. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

my family is Jamaican OP.

You need to find a spot to get some Red Snapper and Festival (breadfruit) on the beach with a Ting...
pimp.gif

Also, if you can try their Blue Mountain Coffee, its world famous. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Jamaica isn't Haiti or Mexico. 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

my family is Jamaican OP.

You need to find a spot to get some Red Snapper and Festival (breadfruit) on the beach with a Ting...
pimp.gif

Also, if you can try their Blue Mountain Coffee, its world famous. 

No disrespect intended g, my family is jamaican as well. Just saying I would personally stay away from anything that isn't bottled because your bowel movements will be uncontrolled for atleast half of your trip. Trust me I know smh 
30t6p3b.gif

Was there last May, the city in Montego Bay reminded me of the city in Kingston so watch yourself and blend in to the crowd (they can sense a tourist and just like anywhere there are some people that are shady). The tourist areas you need to go are Ocho Rios, Port Antonio, Negril, St. Ann's Bay...mainly the north part of Jamaica.

Try some of the local food....it's well worth it. I flew into Montego Bay but went to Negril. The food in our resort was expensive as hell...and if you're in Jamaica, why would you want pizza and a burger? Like I said, get some of the local food and get yourself some rum punch
pimp.gif

Forgot to mention, ONE IMPORTANT NOTE... in case you decide to be adventurous and want to visit Kingston, if you are driving there make sure to avoid Breadnut Hill. Ask how to avoid driving that route even if it will make the drive longer.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

How much was your trip?

for 2 people... including one way flights to/ from... $2,084.  We actually got lucky cus we got upgraded to a 5 star resort vs a 4 star because the vacation we booked was taken so they were obligated to upgrade us.

But thanks for the tips everybody. I know about Kingston, def wont be goin out there. lol i know how they 'murda for fun'. Ima def try some authentic food...Negrils restaurant around my way def isnt it cutting it right now. For off the resort activities,  I'll prolly hit Duns River and the Zip Lines.

Try and get out of TV Jamaica and go to real Jamaica. Theyre totally different places. Like so many others in this thread I'm Jamaican and trust when I tell you that the food will be better if you find your way out into an actual town thats relatively far from the resort

Hit up Margaritaville, and I used to party at the Jungle .... If you have a chance, visit Seaview Gardens as well
nerd.gif

"tell me what to do / things are really bad / the only friend I know / is this gun I have" - Bounty!

Originally Posted by Antidope

Try and get out of TV Jamaica and go to real Jamaica. Theyre totally different places. Like so many others in this thread I'm Jamaican and trust when I tell you that the food will be better if you find your way out into an actual town thats relatively far from the resort

This^^. Just avoid certain parts of Kingston cause you arent from the area and you  don't wanna end up going to some strange place and run into certain problems. Enjoy your trip.

Back
Top Bottom