Goin to NYC for the first time on sunday...vol. any suggestions?

So im taking one of those bus trips to NYC for the day on sunday with some friends. None of us have ever been before so we dont exactly know our way around (nobig deal). What places do we NEED to see while we are there. My main goal is to do some Christmas shopping and find some vendors to see what they are selling
laugh.gif
. Any suggestions?

doubt those buses will give you much of a tour.
there will be huge lines for shopping
youll prolly experience something you never have before with all of the people rushing everywhere, buts its very lively
sex female civilians

its not really a tour. u just ride there on a tour bus and they drop you off. then you go out and do whatever you want all day and meet back at the bus lateron

-28th street for hard to find Jordans at decent prices.
-57th and 5th if you got cake to spend.
-Stay away from Times Square unless you like all that tourist crap.
-34th St Macy's
-Soho (not my steeze but I recommend it to any outsider)

get off the bus.

tours suck.

i'd rather experience the city myself than just see the same boring tourist sites.

New Yorkers are very patriotic. Buy a red and blue hanker chief and place one in back of both pockets of your jeans. Then visit harlem for its wonderousshopping centers. Be sure to say brattt to all the nice folks you meet. Its how we say hello.

Originally Posted by LovePham

New Yorkers are very patriotic. Buy a red and blue hanker chief and place one in back of both pockets of your jeans. Then visit harlem for its wonderous shopping centers. Be sure to say brattt to all the nice folks you meet. Its how we say hello.

laugh.gif

go to central park
go to 5th ave apple store
walk the brooklyn bridge
go to ground zero

**** shopping....anything you want can be bought online and shipped nowadays...dont waste a trip sitting ina line to check out

BEST ADVICE EVER

New Yorkers are very patriotic. Buy a red and blue hanker chief and place one in back of both pockets of your jeans. Then visit harlem for its wonderous shopping centers. Be sure to say brattt to all the nice folks you meet. Its how we say hello.
roll.gif

go to central park
go to 5th ave apple store
walk the brooklyn bridge
go to ground zero

**** shopping....anything you want can be bought online and shipped nowadays...dont waste a trip sitting ina line to check out

I went to NYC for the first time this past summer, and I completely agree with all of that. Also, check out the NBA Store if you're abasketball fan; it's almost like a museum.

The only other advice I would offer is eat at places you wouldn't normally eat at; skip the McDonalds' and hit up a local joint.

Oh, and as far as the locals despising tourists and all that, my experience was COMPLETELY different. I had locals helping me left and right, man. We weretrying to find a certain street, so we ask this dude in the car next to us; he doesn't just tell us the directions, he actually lead us there. I was havingtrouble with my subway ticket -- a dude helps me with that. Multiple times, we were trying to figure out how to get to a certain place either via walking orsubway, and people always helped without hesitation.

It's a fantastic place, man; enjoy your trip.

yea, i live in jackson heights queens, most ethincally diverse area in america.....vendor award winning food of 06 is on my block....work in corpoarte officeof macys.....so i get a feel of both lifestyles....make sure you experience the city.....

ive been on nt for 5 yrs and every time i use to come to the city, i would go to soho.....waste of time man....if u have a personality, visit the spots imentioned...
ive been here 3 months now, and havent gone to soho ONCE since ive been here......too much else to see

Originally Posted by poorniko

laugh.gif

hahah

Be sure to take the A train when going up there too.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Damn he trying to get son assassinated
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom