Going on a cruise in two week....What should I expect?

It’s my first time going on a cruise. It’s going to be on Carnival Paradise for 3 nights and 4 days. What should I expect? Any input or suggestion would help.

It’s my first time going on a cruise. It’s going to be on Carnival Paradise for 3 nights and 4 days. What should I expect? Any input or suggestion would help.

Are you 21? If so, it should be a blast..... if not, it would still be fun

Are you 21? If so, it should be a blast..... if not, it would still be fun

A really expensive bar tab at the end of the trip.

Don't get suckered into all the on-shore activites booked through the cruise line. Not sure where you are going but a lot of ports have nice beaches close by that you can walk to you on your own/take a cab. There is a huge mark-up on the excursions booked through the cruise line.

Feel free to order multiple items at dinner. I like to start with a salad and an appetizer. My family usually orders 2-3 entrees each. The food is free, just tell the waiter/waitress what you want, don't chose between two appetizers order them both.

A really expensive bar tab at the end of the trip.

Don't get suckered into all the on-shore activites booked through the cruise line. Not sure where you are going but a lot of ports have nice beaches close by that you can walk to you on your own/take a cab. There is a huge mark-up on the excursions booked through the cruise line.

Feel free to order multiple items at dinner. I like to start with a salad and an appetizer. My family usually orders 2-3 entrees each. The food is free, just tell the waiter/waitress what you want, don't chose between two appetizers order them both.

Is this the Catalina/Ensenada cruise from Long Beach? If so, I went on that at the end of June. I had a blast overall not because of the destinations, but because of the people I went with. They don't allow you to bring your own alcohol onboard with the exception of 1 bottle of wine per person. What we did was carefully remove the foil from the bottles, replaced the wine with hard liquor, and glued the foil back on. Don't try and put liquor bottles in your luggage because they'll confiscate them. Buy the soda pass, it's like $25 for the whole trip. For dinner, make sure you go to the seated dinner as the food is waaay better than the buffet. If you see more than one item you like for the main course, order them all. There's no limit to what you can order. There's one formal night so don't for get to bring dress clothes.  Bring a case of water on board for your room, it'll come in handy. Catalina, there wasn't much to see. We wanted to rent a golf cart but had to be 25+. Ended up renting beach cruisers and riding around. In Ensenada we went with the Ensenada resort excursion purchased through the cruise; I don't suggest it. The first time I took this cruise I visited the blowhole which wasn't that great. When I went the guests were comprised of mostly families, hope this isn't the case for you. Also, tip is automatically charged to your account. I believe it's $10 a day, but if you feel that a crew member has gone above and beyond, feel free to give them cash. (On lobster/prime rib night my table ordered about 15 extra lobster tails and we gave our waiter a $50 tip.) That's all I can really think of for now, if you have any questions, please ask.

Is this the Catalina/Ensenada cruise from Long Beach? If so, I went on that at the end of June. I had a blast overall not because of the destinations, but because of the people I went with. They don't allow you to bring your own alcohol onboard with the exception of 1 bottle of wine per person. What we did was carefully remove the foil from the bottles, replaced the wine with hard liquor, and glued the foil back on. Don't try and put liquor bottles in your luggage because they'll confiscate them. Buy the soda pass, it's like $25 for the whole trip. For dinner, make sure you go to the seated dinner as the food is waaay better than the buffet. If you see more than one item you like for the main course, order them all. There's no limit to what you can order. There's one formal night so don't for get to bring dress clothes.  Bring a case of water on board for your room, it'll come in handy. Catalina, there wasn't much to see. We wanted to rent a golf cart but had to be 25+. Ended up renting beach cruisers and riding around. In Ensenada we went with the Ensenada resort excursion purchased through the cruise; I don't suggest it. The first time I took this cruise I visited the blowhole which wasn't that great. When I went the guests were comprised of mostly families, hope this isn't the case for you. Also, tip is automatically charged to your account. I believe it's $10 a day, but if you feel that a crew member has gone above and beyond, feel free to give them cash. (On lobster/prime rib night my table ordered about 15 extra lobster tails and we gave our waiter a $50 tip.) That's all I can really think of for now, if you have any questions, please ask.

RAWse – yes im over 21

Jorh XD – thanks for the info. I’m positive that I’m going to the same one. So how’s the nightlife there? I’m going with all girls…about 10 of us. So expect lots more questions from me. Thanks again I really appreciate it!

RAWse – yes im over 21

Jorh XD – thanks for the info. I’m positive that I’m going to the same one. So how’s the nightlife there? I’m going with all girls…about 10 of us. So expect lots more questions from me. Thanks again I really appreciate it!

Water
laugh.gif

Girls
Food

Originally Posted by SoleLove

RAWse – yes im over 21

Damn... you are PIMPIN
pimp.gif

And yeah, get lots of food, keep water in your room and remember to act foolish on the last night because they don't care then. Oh and don't all get those soda deals, have one person get them and just share cause $250 on unlimited soda even for 10 is a jack if I ever heard one

Originally Posted by SoleLove

RAWse – yes im over 21

Damn... you are PIMPIN
pimp.gif

And yeah, get lots of food, keep water in your room and remember to act foolish on the last night because they don't care then. Oh and don't all get those soda deals, have one person get them and just share cause $250 on unlimited soda even for 10 is a jack if I ever heard one

Yeah after going on one this year, you gotta be 21...they serve drinks everywhere...it's pretty relaxing....yeah and food everywhere, anytime

Back
Top Bottom