Going on vacation to San Francisco

Take the ferry if you want to go to Sausalitto. Driving around there flat out sucks, especially with all the bikes.

Napa is great, but know the wineries you'd be the least bit interested in because some require reservations. Your hotel could take care of this for you, too.

ikes-place-ext-570x292.jpg
this place is a must go to

If you rent a car, might as well hit up Napa Valley or Sausalito for wine tour and go down to Monterey Bay ...Don't just come here for San Francisco, there a bunch of great places around the Bay.

Monterey is so not worth it. I still don't get the appeal of that place. I like going to rural areas like the rest of them but just considering the drive, it is a whole day of driving from SF and back and to just see stuff like the Aquarium and look at those small shops.

Also if you like oysters, Tamales Bay is/has becoming a hot bed for young people to go to now. You'd have to rent a car for sure but if you do, get some wine, beer, and other picnic type stuff and the oysters there are pretty decently priced and you pretty much just eat raw or BBQ'd oysters all day outside. I went to a birthday party there with a bunch of people and had a good time. It's like a 45 minute drive outside of the city, so it won't take up your whole day.

http://tomalesbayoysters.com/

_tmb7714.jpg
img_0850.jpg

Last edited:
^
Ike's is ridiculous. Get the Adam Richman - fried chicken, honey, ham, avocado, so damn good

Dynamo Donut has some amazing donuts. http://www.dynamodonut.com/

Ike's is crazy. Get the MILF. It's semi-secret menu level. Shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, cream-cheese stuffed fried jalapenos. Also dat Jaime Sirewich is good. Some yellow bbq sauce and fried chicken.

Last edited:
OP Are you coming alone? with friends? GF?

But I would say go to Dolores Park. Especially if its nice. Look into the Jazz Festival and I think First Friday/Art Murmur is happening when you're here but it's in Oakland.
The Exploratorium just opened on the Embarcadero. If you're into it. I say grab some :smokin and hit it up.
If you're with a GF. I say Napa would be nice to go to. Check out Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc. $50 for a 4 course meal is a great deal.
Someone said to stay away from the Tenderloin but honestly it's not that bad. Just a lot of crackheads. If you like asian noodle restaurants, check out Turtle Tower or Hai Ky. They're right next to each other.

I'm going with my sister and her very cute friend :lol:

yeah ikes is amazing, check out the Mark Hopkins hotel too if money isnt an option. Has some nice views

I was looking into Mark Hopkins. Honestly, I just want to stay somewhere where there's lots to do and I'll get a nice view.

Thanks guys for all the info! It's helped me out a LOT. I like food and even thought I'm from NYC, I'm going to check out the food truck spot. We have a ton of food trucks too, but going somewhere different will prompt me to check it out.

It also seems like I need to check out Ikes :lol:

Thanks again, guys!

Last edited:
been here since wendesday and i love it here. got til tomorrow then heading to napa for a few days with the wifey. makin me wanna move out here from South FL. :smh: .

S/O to my man XimTHATdudeX comin thru with the assist and crucial info. :nthat:. :lol:

Last edited:
Check out the Embaracadero, ATT Park, Exploratorium, Haight Street, Chinatown!

And if you're into more museums...

Walt Disney Museum

Asian Art Museum

California Palace of the Legion of Honor

Unfortunately, SF MOMA is closed for a good while.

Back
Top Bottom