Going to a concert.....by yourself?

sonoftony

Supporter
Sooo, I copped a ticket to see the gawd Chaz (Toro y Moi) in Miami in a couple of weeks. My roomates nor anybody I know fox with Chaz like that. I have been to couple of concerts but never by myself. What can I expect and how was your experience like?

thanks in advance :pimp:

Toro y Moi will be a relaxed environment. You'll be good bro.
I should have gone for my birthday when he was here a few years ago, but no one wanted to go with me. Still regret it

You'll have more fun than going with someone that doesn't love that kind of music. Just make sure you talk to the people around you. Otherwise things can get awkward real fast during those long breaks inbetween performers, unless you're going to show up for his set only then leave.

Went to a Janelle Monea concert by myself. I had a blast. I've met a couple of aspiring artists and just had a good time enjoying the performance. Will do it again if I get the chance.

As long you got some rolled up or some pills if you into that and drinks you're fine, be very outgoing and meet chicks in the process

oh you already know. :pimp:

thanks for the input brahs

Last edited:
I went to a Big Sean show with friends but had a seat by myself. I still had a great time.

When I was at Governor's Ball this summer, I was by myself for a majority of the shows, but just made friends with the people who were by me at the shows. Most people who go to shows are pretty friendly, so it's easy to make friends with people there.

Last edited:
I'm not the most social person, so I couldn't go alone. I've gone to one concert by myself awhile back cause my buddy got sick, and it wasn't bad. Conversely, went to see Kanye a few weeks back with a lady friend who likes hip hop, and the evening was phenomenal.

I actually went to see Toro in NYC by myself back in October. I was in the same situation as you bro. Don't really have any friends who listen to him. I have 2 friends who kinda messed with his music so I asked them if they wanted to go. They both said "maybe", which means no with my friends cause I'm friends with a bunch of deadbeats who dont like doing anything fun lol. I've missed out on so many concerts in the past cause I was waiting to see if other people would come, and then the show would get sold out. So at this point I'm just like "screw it" and go ahead and buy a ticket for myself if its a show I really want to hit up. I enjoyed myself

Last edited:
I've never been to a concert by myself. We had lupe here, kanye, drake, meek/wale here recently and didnt go to any of them

Never been to a concert/show by myself...

been contemplating doing so lately.

I've missed too many good shows because of my broke friends :smh:

Besides, if you are like me at a general admission show, you will lose your friends once the show starts. Never fails :lol:

Went to the Weeknd in NYC last October solo after I broke up with my ex. I was heavy into my feels, and didn't think of asking anyone else to go until the day of. By then, I got a couple replies saying they would have if they were given more time to work out schedules. Oh wells Even met a fellow NTer, cool as ****, a couple rows ahead of me with his snow bunny, who so graciously shared some green with me.

I had a blast, macking with this chick sitting next to me, and enjoying the music.

Last edited:
After all the replies, I personally can't wait now. At the end of the day, I just wanna have a blast and meet new people....and yambs.

Bruh....dolo at a Toro show? You're gonna be swimming in yambs. Plus you've got nothing to lose so you can, as we in the DMV circa 2006 call it, "Go Smack."

Smoke a blunt before hand, maybe bring some tree with you as a "what ya'll gettin into after this?" thing. You're good money.

haven't but after missing two waka flocka concerts.. i will now. :smh:

Concerts by myself??? ALL THE TIME!!! I love it. Might be my favorite way to attend a show. 

I'll be checking out Toro Y Moi by myself too in Orlando next month. 

Hell yeah, I've done it. Been to two Toro shows, almost went to one of those by myself. I went to a TDE show solo (pun) and vibed my damn self. Found some chicks to kick it with a minute, but I was cool dolo. Toro is a dance party anyway, so dance with the girls and have a good time.

I cant go anywhere by myself. Its too lonely for me gotta have someone to talk to or walk with. People will judge you too lol.

Never rolled solo. I get split up from my group at most shows though sometimes the whole show if it's really packed. You usually meet some cool people anyways and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom