Going to New York for New Years Eve?!??!! GOOD or BAD Idea???

I'm planning to head up to New York to watch the ball drop for New Years.. Just wondering if anyone else has any other opinions.. I know it is going tobe packed and crazy.. its all about the experience I guess.. What do you guys think good or bad idea??

Thanks in Advance!

keep your money in a zipped pocket

get there by 1pm for a spot close to the big screen

not a big partyer.... my girl has never been to NY, ive been there plenty of times.. but never to see the ball drop.. yeah what do the NYers have to say aboutthis..

it's cold as hell this year...I wouldn't.
but I would do it at least once in your lifetime.

I think last year was crazy warm...that was the year to do it.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

it's cold as hell this year...I wouldn't.
but I would do it at least once in your lifetime.

I think last year was crazy warm...that was the year to do it.

pff...wasn't it like 70 on christmas day
laugh.gif

dude..
think about it...it's gonna be ~37 degrees and all you're gonna be doing is standing there doing nothing...no motion to keep you warm or anything.
bundle up.

it's not for me but if you feel like you want the experience go ahead and do it.....it prolly will be crazy and like others have said you gotta be carefulwith money/belongings because there (obviously) will be a ton of people...also like others have said, get there early and go prepared to be cold/spend money ifyou're going to eat....if you want to make a weekend out of it to see the city I would wait and take your girl there in the spring/summer so you can easilywalk around in the good weather

lived in nyc my whole life, never been to it once, why not just watch it on tv while drinkin a hot cup of hot chocolate?

Its stupid. Bunch of people waiting for a ball to drop. If you wanna see it close then make sure to be at Times Square the day before. A lot of madness duringnew year.

laugh.gif
Typical tourists..

Most NY'ers know NOT to go to that stupid thing. Only way I'll celebrate new years in times square is in a restaurant above the crowd. Unless I'mgetting a large amount of cash I will not stand there a day to watch a crystal ball drop.

I avoid times square like the plague on regular days, there's no way that I'm going anywhere near that hot mess on New Year's Eve.

Originally Posted by nyzMaGiciAn

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

lived in nyc my whole life, never been to it once, why not just watch it on tv while drinkin a hot cup of hot chocolate?

pimp.gif

Yup.

18 Years and Ive never done that....its all tourists. Get bundled up like dirty said, keep your wallet inside your jacket and remember that you cant leave togo to the bathroom or else they wont let you back in.

Back
Top Bottom