Going to NYC for the weekend...looking to buy some cheap stuff...WHERE DO I GO??? (details inside)

Ok so I'm going to NYC for the weekend and I'd like to stock up on cheap goods (ie. cheap sunglasses, hats, socks, purses, etc.) that you can find inmost flea markets or .99 stores up north. I live near the Baltimore area and we have a flea market that sells all of that stuff for more than they go for inthe warehouses or on the street in NYC. Where do I need to visit to buy that stuff? Some of it will possibly be in bulk.

My hubby said a long time ago his friend took him to a Chinese warehouse where you could buy a bunch of cheap stuff in bulk. Where can I go for that? I meanlike leather belts for $1, cheap hats for $1-$2 and cheap hats for like $2-$4 each? I want to go somewhere I can talk the price down. I hope the descriptionis enough.

your local 99 cent store..with the African dude outside watching you making sure you don't steal
laugh.gif

century 21, across the street from the world trade. And even though i hate the place, ill say soho
mad.gif
/

wow...thats wussup with the suggestions coming quick...my friend from brooklyn suggested chinatown as well...

a few questions though...we are gonna be on foot and takin public transportation everywhere...can yall be specific w/locations? (i'm not from NYC and Idon't know a WHOLE lot about it, but we'll be visiting fam in queens and my aunt in brooklyn (flatbush area) but they not into stuff like this

NYfly1-where is the swanson swap meet located?

c0neV3rge-is century 21 a building or location? will I know what it is when I see it?

krazy88s-where is canal st. and is little korea far from chinatown?

u can also try 28t street,, for cheap tshirts in every color, belts and under stuff,,, dont buy sneakers or clothes ie name brand stuff cause they arent

Originally Posted by JayeRell

where is canal st. and is little korea far from chinatown?

Canal St. would be your best bet. Since you said you'll be using public transportation - from Queens you'll want to take the E train to Canal St.,the Q or 2 train if you're in Flatbush. Canal St. cuts through Chinatown, the heart of it being Canal and Bowery.

wow...thats wussup with the suggestions coming quick...my friend from brooklyn suggested chinatown as well...

a few questions though...we are gonna be on foot and takin public transportation everywhere...can yall be specific w/locations? (i'm not from NYC and I don't know a WHOLE lot about it, but we'll be visiting fam in queens and my aunt in brooklyn (flatbush area) but they not into stuff like this

c0neV3rge-is century 21 a building or location? will I know what it is when I see it?

My mistake Chinatown is next to Canal St. not Little Korea. Canal st intersects with Broadway. You should no problem finding Broadway. Canal is in the SoHoarea which is Downtown. You'll its Canal St. because there will lots of people on sidewalks trying to sell you stuff, esp. if you look like your aforeigner.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

a few questions though...we are gonna be on foot and takin public transportation everywhere...can yall be specific w/locations? (i'm not from NYC and I don't know a WHOLE lot about it, but we'll be visiting fam in queens and my aunt in brooklyn (flatbush area) but they not into stuff like this

My mistake Chinatown is next to Canal St. not Little Korea. Canal st intersects with Broadway. You should no problem finding Broadway. Canal is in the SoHo area which is Downtown. You'll its Canal St. because there will lots of people on sidewalks trying to sell you stuff, esp. if you look like your a foreigner.
oh ok koo thanks! By the way I love the avy!!! "Errrybody who seen tha leprechaun say yeahhhhhhhhhh!" That's def my fav youtubevid of all time.

start at 28th, walk down to soho, theres a million ways to get over there... easiest way walk from pennstation... 34th street sight see on the way there

if you have a good looking female cousin or sister of legal age that's gonna go with you, holla with the pm.

Well i'll take you on a visual tour, to get the best cheap stuff in town. I will point out a few 'landmarks' to keep you on the right path to pennyheaven!
starting at broadway and prince where you'll find these "guys" lined up at armani exchange (nothing special this is just how it goes down)
333wp5z.jpg

continue walking south down broadway till you spot these 'fellas':
73e0d4.jpg

You'll start to notice you are getting close when you begin to enconter the kanye sunglass section of manhattan
6sutc2.jpg

While walking on the left side of the sidewalk moving with the flow of traffic you must now cross the the right side. On this side you'll start to hear"salt n pepa's" 1991 smash hit "Let's talk about sex." blaring through a boombox of NY's best Will smith impersonator. youronly a couple blocks away from "THE" bargain bonanza of the (212):
30uftyr.jpg

Ahhh paydirt! you see the crowds? you right on time for the shopping spree of your life!!
34zak2p.jpg

What do we have for sale today, you ask? hmm lets take a look-see...
15zjal1.jpg

Images provided by arabparrot.com/ narrative by me

My hubby said a long time ago his friend took him to a Chinese warehouse where you could buy a bunch of cheap stuff in bulk. Where can I go for that? I mean like leather belts for $1, cheap hats for $1-$2 and cheap hats for like $2-$4 each? I want to go somewhere I can talk the price down. I hope the description is enough.

indifferent.gif
.. where do you expect to find $1 belts? you're gonnahave to go to those asian "stores" that have all their merchandise hanging outside of the entrance.
canal street i guess .. don't get talkedinto buying foogayzee name brand stuff though ..

& don't expect any of it to last more than 2 weeks

Back
Top Bottom